HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:07 PM
VegasRay
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2005
192 Posts
E/Z Spoiler Linkage

FF - I think I have the fix for your spoiler setup. First move the nylon horn back as near the trailing edge of the spoiler as possible. Just leave enough room for the spoiler to close down completely. You might need to cut down the length of the nylon horn - hard to tell from your pictures. Next you MUST move the servo as far FORWARD as possible - right up to the back of the spar. That's why I cut off the servo mounting ears/lugs. Using your transmitter, adjust the servo so the servo arm is pointing at the nylon horn when the transmitter stick is fully UP (spoiler closed). Move the stick about half way down then slid your wire thru all three links but use only one set screw - in any one of those three. You might need to lengthen or shorten the wire to clear the spar when the spoiler is closed.

That should give you a very nice spoiler operation.

Ray
VegasRay is offline Find More Posts by VegasRay
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:29 AM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Jun 2012
152 Posts
You guys are right. After looking again there is not enough clearance between the servo and controll horn. I will give it a shot after trimming the control horn.
Fickle flier is offline Find More Posts by Fickle flier
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:40 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
I'm a fan of pull string (SpiderWire) because of the easy setup and weight savings. I would venture it's half the weight of servos/wires in the wings, less draw on the battery and easier to get them even.

Sailplane spoiler closing (1 min 11 sec)
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
6,855 Posts
Heretic! Luddite! You will cause the economy to collapse with that kind of parsimony. Consume! ;-p
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I'm a fan of pull string (SpiderWire) because of the easy setup and weight savings. I would venture it's half the weight of servos/wires in the wings, less draw on the battery and easier to get them even.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtCiMBXMy8U
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: paper blast tube test