Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:23 AM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Discussion
York County Flyers IN-DOOR Fly-In Schedule

Hi folks:

Once again, York County Flyers is having their winter schedule of Micro/Electric in-door events starting this November 15th, as follows:

All on Tuesdays nights;
5:30 - 9:30 PM
$10 fee
AMA required
Shield of Faith Ministries Athletic Building
Fire Tower Road
Rock Hill, SC

November 15th

Come a little early if you wish. All Micro flyers welcome, and flying sessions are established so the foamy 3D guys can do their thing, and the micro flyers can do their bit. Micro heli's welcome. Maybe someone with show up with an Air Swimmer!!!

The December schedule will be verified shortly. We expect to have Micro/Electric In-Door events once every month from November thru March, 2012. Check out our schedules on our website, www.yorkcountyflyers.com .

So, the call goes out to all the Embers, Vapors, UM J-3 Cubs, UM-P51's, UM T-28's, Champs, FlyZone Playmates & Albatrosses, H/L Micro-Stik's, home/scratch built micros, 4-sites, UM Sukhoi's (if you can hang on to one!), all other micros (Aero/Heli). Come on down and enjoy some great indoor flying at the Shield of Faith Ministries athletic building, address as shown above, starting this November 15th. Unfortunately, I will miss the first event (business trip obligation ), but Greg Blackwell will be the registration manager, and sign-in should go as smoothly as the indoor flying.

Thanks

Doug Sipprell
York County Flyers
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:49 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
York County Flyers In-Door event, #2 for the season, this Tuesday evening, December 13, same location and time as indicated in previous post. Come on down and get in some good in-door flying!

RD
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:22 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
In-Door Fly-In

York County Flyers is having it's 3rd InDoor event for this season, at the Shield of Faith Ministries athletic building on Fire Tower Road, Rock Hill. Come on out and enjoy some good indoor flying. We have timed sessions, such that the wee micro's (Vapors, Embers, Micro Stiks, Playmates) will have their flying time, and the 3D Foamy guys will have the "floor" to themselves. Micro heli's definitely welcome. Plenty of space for UM J-3 Cub's, HZ micro Champ, even some of the performance orientated micros such as the UM P-51 Mustang and UM T-28 Trojan.

Admission is $10 for pilots, AMA license required. No cost for spectating. We look forward to seeing our flying friends from the Charlotte area participating in our In-Door events.

So, come on down on Tuesday, Jan. 17th.

Thanks

RD
York County Flyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,824 Posts
Flying at the indoor tomorrow doug?? i have a few indoor planes to maiden..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:35 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Definitely. Get there by 5:30 PM if you can. Same set-up as before. Hope to see you and others from the area at the indoor event. Shield of Faith athletic building, Fire Tower Road, Rock Hill.

I just might fly my UM Albatros.

RD
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
I plan on being there. Just found out about you guys. Can I bring a 32" foamie and my 3D Beast?? Enough room?
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:47 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I plan on being there. Just found out about you guys. Can I bring a 32" foamie and my 3D Beast?? Enough room?
Yup. Should be enough space for some good 3D flying. We have specific 20 minute period flying sessions for the "micros" and the 3D foamies. In this manner, the Micros don't get "eaten" by the bigger foamies, and the 3D guys can enjoy flying without being pestered with the micro gnats whipping around! Seems to work great, no complaints so far. So, bring your foamies to flop around. The UM Beast has been flown successfully at our indoor events, also the UM P-51 and UM T-28, both of which are fairly fast micro's. Last time out, we even had the opportunity to see a free flight rubber powered micro doing some beautiful flying within the building. Hoping to see that again during this event.

Looking forward to having you attend our event.

RD

York County Flyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:51 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Excellent. I'll bring my good ol' Champt too. Looking forward to it.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:59 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
I was able to get a 24 minute flight with my HZ UM Champ, last time out at the indoor event. I use a Hyperion 240 Lipo. If you get down to our event, look for me and I will show you the set-up. The Hyperion 240 1S Lipo and the UM Champ are a natural mix. No problem with CG balance. Almost as though the plane was made for it!!

RD
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
I was able to get a 24 minute flight with my HZ UM Champ, last time out at the indoor event. I use a Hyperion 240 Lipo. If you get down to our event, look for me and I will show you the set-up. The Hyperion 240 1S Lipo and the UM Champ are a natural mix. No problem with CG balance. Almost as though the plane was made for it!!

RD
That's awesome! I run Hyperion 2s batteries in my Beast and they are great!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Oh man... I can't come out to fly tonight afterall. I've got a conference call to get on at 7pm!!

If it goes quickly then perhaps I can come out for an hour or so but it's not looking good. I'll keep my eye on this thread for future dates.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:47 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Sorry to hear of the conflict. FWIW, we can run "late", hence allowing some flying time. Hope you can possibly make it.

RD
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Then I might be there. I think you were already running till 9:30 anyway so maybe I can get there by 8:15 or so and have at least an hour+ to fly. Can I bring my deep cycle marine battery and charger with me or how does that work?

Other than that - I just need my AMA card and $10 right? Definitely looking forward to it whether I make it out this time or not.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:48 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
In-Door Fly-In

Hi folks:

Once again, York County Flyers is having an In-Door fly-in, this the last of the winter series of In-Door events.

Info:

Tuesdays night, March 20th.
5:30 - 9:30 PM
$10 fee
AMA required
Shield of Faith Ministries Athletic Building
Fire Tower Road
Rock Hill, SC

Come a little early if you wish. All Micro flyers welcome, and flying sessions are established so the foamy 3D guys can do their thing, and the micro flyers can do their bit. Micro heli's welcome. We even had an Air Swimmer shark show up at one of the events, and also a beautiful rubber powered free-flight model. Talk about graceful, silent, and awe inspiring.

So, the call goes out to again to all the Embers, Vapors, UM J-3 Cubs, UM-P51Mustangs, UM T-28's, Champs, FlyZone Playmates & Albatrosses, H/L Micro-Stik's, home/scratch built micros, 4-sites, UM Sukhoi's (if you can hang on to one!), all other micros (Aero/Heli). Come on down and enjoy some great indoor flying at the Shield of Faith Ministries athletic building, address as shown above, this Tuesday evening, March 20th. Hope to see you there.

Thanks

Doug Sipprell
York County Flyers
www.yorkcountyflyers.com
RCG Plus Member