HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Anthony Hand, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 07, 2007, 02:29 AM
Evil China
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Discussion
Toll Free USA/Canada Support > 1-800-607-5803

Our new toll-free USA support number;
1-800-607-5803

For other countries, please click here:
http://www.hobbycity.com/UNITEDHOBBI..._contactUs.asp
Anthony Hand is offline Find More Posts by Anthony Hand
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Anthony Hand; Oct 07, 2007 at 04:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2007, 11:38 AM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
Thanks for this. Is this still for the Hong Kong business hours? Or does this number go to the USA warranty service center?
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
Old Oct 07, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evil China
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Please check the contact page for opening hours.
We will be extending working shifts to compensate for the time difference.
Anthony Hand is offline Find More Posts by Anthony Hand
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 23, 2008, 08:16 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2 Posts
Not Working

I dialed the 1-800-607-5803 number and received a recorded message that the call could not be completed. Has Hobbycity changed the number?
gbx2020 is offline Find More Posts by gbx2020
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:47 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2 Posts
Lesson Learned

Several days later, I was able to get through to Hobby City after about a 5 or 6 trys. The lady that answered was very polite. Her only advise was to send a email to support describing the problem. I received the following response to my email:

[I]Dear sir,
Thank you for your mail.

If you believe your item to be faulty or incorrect, you can send it back to us for inspection and replacement.
Please click below to send the item back to us.
www.hobbycity.com/support.asp.

Thank you for having patience and understanding

If you have any query please let us know..

Best Regards,
Afreen
Customer Support
United hobbies.com

Dear Afreen,

I am puzzled by your response to my e-mail.

Your FAQ state that one must send photos of the items that are incorrect when one e-mails support. I complied with the requirement and attached photos clearly showing that the mounting kit was incorrect. If there is any question about this, it would seem appropriate to verify the fact with one of your technical people. The idea of sending the entire order back seems at best foolish and a waste of shipping costs.

The referenced web site (www.hobbycity.com/support.asp) states that you do not have a product return address for the United States and Canada. This is problematic since I live in the US.

I look forward to your insights in resolving this matter.[/
I]

It has been 4 days since my reply to their email. It would appear that the buyer must take into consideration that if anything goes wrong with an order, the buyer assumes all the risk.
gbx2020 is offline Find More Posts by gbx2020
Old Feb 04, 2008, 12:24 AM
Crash test pilot trainee
Medora,Il.
Joined Dec 2007
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx2020

It has been 4 days since my reply to their email. It would appear that the buyer must take into consideration that if anything goes wrong with an order, the buyer assumes all the risk.
Indeed
MUTDOG is offline Find More Posts by MUTDOG
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:21 AM
I'm just here to fly
Sarasota,Florida
Joined Jun 2007
991 Posts
Where is Anthony Hand?

Is there any way to get ahold of this guy to let him know about problems with his company?
Steve jahn
f86esabre is offline Find More Posts by f86esabre
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:10 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,938 Posts
My charger was ordered on March 19 and paid for right away with Pay Pal so why is the status saying reserved? If it was out of stock the web page should have said so.

Is this company for real?
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:09 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
If it says reserved, then it is/was in stock and one is reserved for you. However, they have turtles and rabbits working for them. You take a chance whether a turtle or rabbit gets assigned your order. I have ordered many times from HC. Sometimes my item gets shipped out within 24 hours, other times it take them 6 days to ship it.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:25 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,938 Posts
I guess in that case these people are not interested in their customers,. I double checked and actually my order was placed on March 15 not March 19.

This is my first order from them amd will also be my last. I expect my order to be as prompt as mmy payment to them. I think this company is similar to an E-bayer and there is just one or 2 people running it.

Anthony Hand must just be a made-up name, can't be real. Must be as bad as State Line Hobbies.

I have no confidence in a anyone that does bussiness this way.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:57 AM
Retired, NW Alabama
Alabama
Joined Jan 2006
153 Posts
I've been calling that number for a week at all hours. The phone is answered after too many rings. It beeps a few times and hangs up on me. Sending you a PM Anthony Hand

Robert
robert53 is offline Find More Posts by robert53
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:58 AM
Retired, NW Alabama
Alabama
Joined Jan 2006
153 Posts
Now that makes me confident. He doesn't accept emails nor PM's from us on Rcgroups.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:16 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,938 Posts
Aout time the administrators of this group took notice and warn him and then ban him if he does not respond.

Of course knowing this group, the income loss may be too great for them to do that.

Administrators, tell me I am wrong.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
Retired, NW Alabama
Alabama
Joined Jan 2006
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Aout time the administrators of this group took notice and warn him and then ban him if he does not respond.

Of course knowing this group, the income loss may be too great for them to do that.

Administrators, tell me I am wrong.
He's supposed to be available?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:26 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,938 Posts
Has to be hiding somewhere and since he advertises on this group the admins should be able to get to him whomever he is, maybe Darth Vader.