HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:12 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to get one. Thanks Chris.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:20 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
lite series yak....
well... now that the wait is over..
will of course leave all the build details to hercdriver7777, but I thought you all might like to see some pics of how the main spar is different on this one, very clever and adds some additional stability to the wing.
cdee
Nice. How much less does the CF spar weigh than the wood spar?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:30 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,396 Posts
Twisted Hobbys tattoos yeah that's the ticket. I'm digging the purple (pink whatever color) and blue one. Going wait though before I snag one.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:43 AM
Prague Ruzyne, Czechoslovakia (former)
Joined Jan 2003
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
David, what motor are you using on the MAMO system? I've been looking for them to produce a 2mm adaptor but haven't seen one yet. I've been running the Hacker A20-34s it's heavy, but has a 3mm shaft. On a 325TP pack I get less than 2 minutes with aggressive VPP use.

Azarr
I use the 2203 vpp axi, with kv 2000. The power is OK for some 4 minutes of vpp-ing... And I have also seen the 2203 pulso with kv 2300 used with good (probably even better than the Axi) results.
David Kyjovsky is offline Find More Posts by David Kyjovsky
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:36 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Aug 2012
288 Posts
Crack Yak Lite!

Hey Chris,
Looks like Twisted Hobbies has came out with a new amazing plane! Great job Twisted Hobbies and Chris.
Looking forward to flying one.
Benton
Benton3dflying is offline Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,249 Posts
I wish that blond model would get out of the way so I could see the plane
Using kits to sell sex is just plane wrong !
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
wow, due to the hot pix and a couple of avatars on this thread, I need a cold shower
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:35 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
David. Where did u get your vpp system? I think this would make a great vpp model. Where did u start learning the programming?
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Jan 2003
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick662u View Post
David. Where did u get your vpp system? I think this would make a great vpp model. Where did u start learning the programming?
Mamo models (german shop owned by my friend Armin Mangelmann).
The programming is actually quite easy. Flight condition one (non-vpp and to start up theesc): the power curve is linear, the pitch always at 100%. FC 2: (I have it selected by a switch): pitch curve linear (going with the throttle stick), power curve V shaped (throttle stick at 0%, power 100% - max reverse thrust, throttle stick 50%, power 50 to 60%, stick 100%, pwr at 100%). Hope it makes sense..
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Jan 2003
466 Posts
Vpp

First impressions (I am a vpp novice, so I can only comment on the performance of the system): the 9" blades are probably too much of a burden, performance with 8" blades is no worse and batt lasts longer... Blades much better balanced than they were in the same system I bought 3 yrs ago. 8" blades almost vibration free. Can't wait for more testing tomorrow.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:29 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kyjovsky View Post
Mamo models (german shop owned by my friend Armin Mangelmann).
Is it possible for you to ask him about a 2mm prop adapter? That would allow using a motor like the Hacker A10-9L without having to machine a special shaft.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:59 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
Nice. How much less does the CF spar weigh than the wood spar?
Not sure about the weight difference but with the thinner wing I think the new spar is better for stopping twisting of the wing.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Wow. Never seen anything like that before. What plane is that? Looks like the prop is in the middle. Must have unbeeivable power to jump like that.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:07 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,643 Posts
I got a few flights on mine and wow is it impressive. I will weigh it tomorrow and see where it is, but in the air it feels just like a good depron airplane. I didn't think it was possible but I like it more than the standard Crack Yak.

It's not too floaty at all...in fact it flies very similar to the normal Crack Yak but with a much more pure response. The airplane it reminds me most of is Donatas' Sultimate. You can pull or push as hard and fast as you want and it will make perfectly square corners without losing energy or rolling out. It will float along like a butterfly if you pull the throttle back or whip around at silly speeds if you open it up. The light 2S system provides insane power.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:21 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
I got a few flights on mine and wow is it impressive. I will weigh it tomorrow and see where it is, but in the air it feels just like a good depron airplane. I didn't think it was possible but I like it more than the standard Crack Yak.

It's not too floaty at all...in fact it flies very similar to the normal Crack Yak but with a much more pure response. The airplane it reminds me most of is Donatas' Sultimate. You can pull or push as hard and fast as you want and it will make perfectly square corners without losing energy or rolling out. It will float along like a butterfly if you pull the throttle back or whip around at silly speeds if you open it up. The light 2S system provides insane power.
And some video please bro
We want to see someone we know on the sticks!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member