HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:07 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Help!
Wich drift car to choose?

I have been looking at some rc drift videos, and it is amazing. So i just wanted something to drift around in my house with, maybe build a litlle track or something.
Ive been looking at xmods and mini z, but the thing is that mini z is to expencive and i can not find someone that has xmods in stock!

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
veedviik is offline Find More Posts by veedviik
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
SporadicIdiocy's Avatar
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
476 Posts
Takara Tomy's Drift Package Light, while it's more a toy grade car, they're designed by yokomo specifically to drift, plus they're far cheaper than Mini-Z AWDs.

Look it up and see if it suits your needs.
SporadicIdiocy is offline Find More Posts by SporadicIdiocy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:47 AM
Registered User
Evil Twin's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
102 Posts
After seeing the review (it gets an A+) and video of the Fast Lane RC Monster Drift car on the rcmania website, I bought a few. They are a blast and only $22 at toys r us online.

review
http://www.rcmania.com/fast-lane-rc-...-drift-maisto/

video from the review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t1nd6h-3zso

If you go the xmods route you can find them on ebay but make sure you get one with the awd kit, it's an add on. They sold drift tires for the xmods, if you can't find them you can try putting tape on the tires.
Evil Twin is offline Find More Posts by Evil Twin
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post
After seeing the review (it gets an A+) and video of the Fast Lane RC Monster Drift car on the rcmania website, I bought a few. They are a blast and only $22 at toys r us online.

review
http://www.rcmania.com/fast-lane-rc-...-drift-maisto/

video from the review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t1nd6h-3zso

If you go the xmods route you can find them on ebay but make sure you get one with the awd kit, it's an add on. They sold drift tires for the xmods, if you can't find them you can try putting tape on the tires.
Thanks man! I think i am going for the monster drift car, beacause they have it in my country to And then after a while maybe buy the xmods.

But why does no stores sell xmods anymore?
I know i could get it from ebay, but i dont see how i can trust that they are new when stores dont sell them :/
veedviik is offline Find More Posts by veedviik
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:27 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporadicIdiocy View Post
Takara Tomy's Drift Package Light, while it's more a toy grade car, they're designed by yokomo specifically to drift, plus they're far cheaper than Mini-Z AWDs.

Look it up and see if it suits your needs.
Is this like xmods and mini z where u could upgrade and stuff ?
veedviik is offline Find More Posts by veedviik
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedviik View Post

But why does no stores sell xmods anymore?
I know i could get it from ebay, but i dont see how i can trust that they are new when stores dont sell them :/
Here in the US, Xmods were sold almost exclusively at Radio Shack stores, not regular hobby stores. I'm not sure who actually made them. They started out hot, and interest slowly waned over the years. I wouldn't worry to much about buying a used one. Nearly everything on them is replaceable and upgradable. Companies like Atomic Mods still sell all the parts you could possibly want.
Bugman Jeff is online now Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:32 AM
Registered User
Evil Twin's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
102 Posts
FYI I converted my Fast Lane Monster Drift Car to full proportional, below is a link to the thread with a video and details.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1801494
Evil Twin is offline Find More Posts by Evil Twin
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted WTB: RTR drift car 1/10 teha99 Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Jul 10, 2012 01:04 AM
Cool Mini-z, Firelap, Iwaver, ERC 2.4GHz 4WD 1:28 Scale RC Drift car IW-04M ausprime Hot Online Deals 0 Jul 02, 2012 06:59 PM
Discussion Completed Project Choo...Choo... freddy warbird Life, The Universe, and Politics 9 Mar 27, 2011 04:00 PM