SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:39 AM
Kiel, northern Germany
Joined Sep 2006
17 Posts
Discussion
Adrian Page 80'' Super Cub - another one

... since I'm currently building the 80'' Super Cub from adrian Page and the old thread doesn't allow any more new replies I was wondering if its worth starting a new one - maybe on Cub builds in general.

Ciao from Kiel - Germany

Sascha
epic_ogna is offline Find More Posts by epic_ogna
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:24 AM
Pencil grip
Olympia, WA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic_ogna View Post
... since I'm currently building the 80'' Super Cub from adrian Page and the old thread doesn't allow any more new replies I was wondering if its worth starting a new one - maybe on Cub builds in general.

Ciao from Kiel - Germany

Sascha
You can start a new thread, but only if you share the plans.
hoffboy is offline Find More Posts by hoffboy
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:44 PM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,482 Posts
My 80 Page Cub has it's fuse and tail feathers built and am now starting on the wings. The other 80" Page Cub is going to get mods done to it. Haven't started the 40" Page Cub yet!
Hoping to find someone wanting to sell their Robart 1/5 scale Super Cub landing gear to put on mine.
baldguy is offline Find More Posts by baldguy
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
Bona Fide Cub Nut
Northwest Oregon
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldguy View Post
My 80 Page Cub has it's fuse and tail feathers built and am now starting on the wings. The other 80" Page Cub is going to get mods done to it. Haven't started the 40" Page Cub yet!
Hoping to find someone wanting to sell their Robart 1/5 scale Super Cub landing gear to put on mine.
You might want to check http://www.cublandinggear.com/

They have a variety of sizes at reasonable prices.
Curt
CurtissP40 is offline Find More Posts by CurtissP40
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:56 PM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,482 Posts
Yeah, but they won't ship to Canada.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:07 AM
Pencil grip
Olympia, WA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, but they won't ship to Canada.
I have the 1:5 Robarts on my Cub. I could sell them to you for $145 shipped to you in Canada, which would cover my buying new gear from Wallace.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:58 PM
Bona Fide Cub Nut
Northwest Oregon
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffboy View Post
I have the 1:5 Robarts on my Cub. I could sell them to you for $145 shipped to you in Canada, which would cover my buying new gear from Wallace.
FYI -
William Wallace died a couple of years ago. His Cub landing gear business was bought by http://www.cublandinggear.com/.

The new owner has a broader line of these LG's. There are two people in the business now, so shipping is quicker than it was when it was a one man operation in northern Idaho.

Mr Wallace and I traded a number of emails in his last years. He shared his name with a Scottish hero from the middle ages. We joked about that. I had nothing but respect for him and his landing gear.

As for shipping to Canada, you might want to check deeper. I sent some brand new factory software to a cousin in Ontario. There was no problem at all. Canada is a NAFTA country. There was no duty, and only a small amount of additional paperwork. I live in Oregon and the new Cub LG business is in Oregon also.
CurtissP40 is offline Find More Posts by CurtissP40
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:17 AM
Kiel, northern Germany
Joined Sep 2006
17 Posts
some pics

...nice to see that's its probably worth to get another thread running. Below are some pics showing my recent progress. The boot cowl has juts been finished as well as some covers for the rudder cable. On the rigtht side I've added a door to load and balance the Lipo in the plane.

Ciao
Last edited by epic_ogna; Mar 27, 2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:20 AM
Kiel, northern Germany
Joined Sep 2006
17 Posts
covers

... here is the cover for the rudder cable.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:19 PM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,482 Posts
It's confirmed, the folks that took over production of the Wallace gear won't ship to Canada.
I don't get it, I have had lots of stuff sent to me from the states and only 1 item has gone missing, and I'm not too sure if that was even sent at all. I have shipped lots of items to the states and overseas and have had no issues either.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:22 PM
Pencil grip
Olympia, WA
Joined Feb 2008
1,235 Posts
Quote:
It's confirmed, the folks that took over production of the Wallace gear won't ship to Canada.
I don't get it, I have had lots of stuff sent to me from the states and only 1 item has gone missing, and I'm not too sure if that was even sent at all. I have shipped lots of items to the states and overseas and have had no issues either.
I wasn't joking about pulling the gear off my Cub and sending it to you. Or buying new and sending to you. PM me if interested. -Matt
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:37 AM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,482 Posts
Thanks Matt. I'm going to wait and see which way I want to go, with Robart or get someone to get me a set of the Wallace gear. The only thing I don't like about the Wallace gear is the non scale piece of flat metal running across the fuse between the mounts.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 05:20 PM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,482 Posts
RC Groups is the best! CurtissP-40 put in a good word for me and was told that they indeed would ship a set of the Wallace Cub gear to Canada. Now I gotta save up- again!
Thanks a bunch Curt!
Craig
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:15 PM
Been there, Crashed that.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Joined Nov 2006
167 Posts
Nice looking build Epic, will be following....
hmarshall is offline Find More Posts by hmarshall