SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 15, 2008, 07:59 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,840 Posts
Yippee!
GP ElectroStick EP!!

I don't know if anyones posted this yet, but GP's coming out with an ElectroStick, and it looks sweet!!!

http://www.electrifly.com/largeelectrics/gpma7500.html
southernmd_man is online now Find More Posts by southernmd_man
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2008, 09:40 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
At least they copied their own kit!

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:21 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,838 Posts
wow not much on this plane here, I think it looks great, has anyone gotten one yet? would love to see some real specs on it.,is there room to move the battery back under the wing and such things. and know how it flys, looks like a 40 stick to me, witch i love. I need a stick to teach my gf to fly on, this might be the prefect one.

with a scorpion motor and A123's it would have plenty of power.
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:14 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
For about the same money you could buy a stevens aero 25e with motor, thunderbird esc and have a MUCH better bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmd_man
I don't know if anyones posted this yet, but GP's coming out with an ElectroStick, and it looks sweet!!!

http://www.electrifly.com/largeelectrics/gpma7500.html
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Aug 16, 2008, 07:27 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
For about the same money you could buy a stevens aero 25e with motor, thunderbird esc and have a MUCH better bird.
Well this thread is dead and I do not understand why, I got to fly one of these planes today and WOW is all I got to say, it was the Plug n play version and well the motor it comes with has plenty of power. it looks like a stick, and flys like a stick, it tracks so good and does everything well. it will hover but a stick is not made to hover. I got to have one of these. its on my wish list now. For those you not gotten one your missing out.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 07:41 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,848 Posts
Great Planes ElectroStik

My post on ElectroStik .See post 26,28,32 and 33

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=26

I got it Wed. and it has 33 flights on it and I have many nice electrics.
Sig Fazer Fazer 170 flights since converted to electric, Extreme Flight Yak 54E 100 flights, 3D Hobby Shop Extra 300 , Zero Gravity Pitts Pythoon 29 flights,3D Hobby Shop Extra 300 SHP 584 flights, Mini Ultra Stick 494 flights along with a bunch of foamies and park flyers.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 29, 2008, 03:14 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,838 Posts
Well here is my Stick info

GP ElectroStick
Scorpion S-3014-16 motor
Suppo 70Amp esc with Dimension engineering bec
2 Futaba 3004 full size/standard servos for tail
2 Hitec HS-82MG's for ailerons.
Electron 6 RX flown with Hitec Prisam 3 Radio
11x8.5 Prop Flown maiden flight ( still might play with props)
Tested on the ground
46amps- 480 watts 8,000 Rpms
Flown with 4 cell A123 2300mah
Plane w/o batterys is 47.5 ounces.

Flys great, Look for more info the Electrostick thread.

Plane flys great, about 20 foot run on tall uncut grass and list off, plenty of speed when comes off ground and once it builts up more its fast arounds 60mph or so. will do loops over and over at half stick, flying it 5 minutes to buzzer then a nice landing approch and landing, arounf 2,000 back into the 2300mah batterys.

nice plane great planes done a good job with this one.
Old Sep 02, 2008, 03:23 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,848 Posts
Great Planes Electro Stik

Here is my second one and no the first one was not crashed.

Great planes Electro Stik
52.5 WS / 598 Sq. In.
Scorpion 3020-12
APC 11X7E
CC Phoenis 45
DE BEC
4 ea. HiTec HS-82MG servos
Minus battery 47 oz.
with
4S A123 2300 battery
AUW 58 oz.
Wing Loading 14.5 oz. per. sq. ft.
50Amps. / 550 watts / 9,000 RPM

20 Ft. take off runs in high grass, unlimited vertical,plenty fast, great glide,will fly any pattern manuver at 60% throttle, 6 min. flights use 2000 mAh.

First one is here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=26

Sept. 4 Update:

Replaced ESC with a CC Phoenix 60 / 5S A123 / APC 11X7E

69A / 12.9V / 890 watts . Smoking . Power to spare and then a buch left over. 60.5 oz. Auw so 235 watts per pound.
Last edited by everydayflyer; Apr 06, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2008, 03:26 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,848 Posts
I guess I just run to much power but these magnetically held hatches just do not seem to want to stay on. I know there are commercially manufactured ones but I did not have any laying around and there is no local HS less than an hours drive so time to cobble one up. There is a craft stick on the front of hatch which prevent front from lifting.

Snapped photos of hatch latch and Tail Art.

Charles
Old Dec 02, 2008, 01:38 PM
Joined Apr 2007
56 Posts
Electrostik - My First E-Plane

I have just put together a GP Electrostik Rx-R I got for my birthday. It has the Rimfire motor and electrifly LiPo 3s, 11.1v, 3200 mah battery. It's been tested on the bench and all seems well. That Rimfire screams! It's been too cold or windy to fly so far to fly, but tomorrow promises to be a flyable type day. I'll give it a shot. My only complaint thus far is the left aileron and rudder are a tad warped. The monokote job wasn't the greatest, Jeff Troy or Faye Staley probably wouldn't approve, but it's about as good as I usually do with my kits. A little iron smashing here and there gets it OK looking from beyond 10 feet or so. I'll report how the first flight went whenever that happens.
Squeekeron is offline Find More Posts by Squeekeron
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:35 AM
Syracuse, NY (USA)
Joined Dec 2004
2,731 Posts
My wife got me one of these beasts for Christmas with the stock motor and servos (Rx-R). The biggest plane I've flown up to now is my EZ Star with camera, which weighs 32oz. I've flown a small great planes corsair with ailerons, so I shoudl be OK. I guess she overheard me mention the "red baron" plane, but I was talking about the $70 35" bi-wing plane. I doubt I'll fly it often if I keep it. I fly in parks, but I assume this needs asphalt or very short grass to land w/o the landing gear ripping out?
Block is offline Find More Posts by Block
Old Feb 03, 2015, 12:08 PM
A real WingNut
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Dec 2008
992 Posts
Just finished assembling an ARF, need to pick up a motor today and will be ready for Maiden as soon as I too iron out some wrinkles in the monokote. But, hey I too always end up with wrinkles when I cover a kit, and you can't see them when she's in the air 100 feet out anyway.

Jack
j4ck4 is offline Find More Posts by j4ck4
Old Feb 03, 2015, 09:50 PM
a random dude
Joined Nov 2014
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck4 View Post
Just finished assembling an ARF, need to pick up a motor today and will be ready for Maiden as soon as I too iron out some wrinkles in the monokote. But, hey I too always end up with wrinkles when I cover a kit, and you can't see them when she's in the air 100 feet out anyway.

Jack
Let us know how it goes. I have some lust for this one!
sconnie is offline Find More Posts by sconnie
Old Feb 04, 2015, 10:39 AM
A real WingNut
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Dec 2008
992 Posts
Will do Sconnie, not sure what I'm going to do for power yet.
I have an E-Flite Power 25 which is 870kv, and a Turnigy D3548/4 1100kv. Both are .25 size motors but the strange thing is that the holes in the x mounts for both are narrower than the mount holes on the firewall. So, I may just turn the x mount drill new holes and install new blind nuts in the firewall. Will decide and finish her up today if I don't order a Rim Fire for her.

Jack
j4ck4 is offline Find More Posts by j4ck4