SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:02 PM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
1,089 Posts
yep - many have been waiting.............

Joe
JK13 is offline Find More Posts by JK13
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2014, 01:42 PM
C-Main Champ
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,315 Posts
Is there any update on this?
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:09 PM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
1,089 Posts
I'm still waiting for a well designed update to make this as easy as it should be??

Joe
Old Feb 05, 2015, 03:47 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,268 Posts
A ''nice'' new solution based on the latest software upgrade suggested by wfield0455 see in the main forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12730
Puttputtmaru is online now Find More Posts by Puttputtmaru
Old Feb 06, 2015, 10:21 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,268 Posts
Just to keep this thread current, a repost from conversations in the main forum, I like to make it easier for me to find the solutions when looking:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOddino View Post
You have arrived at the same place I did and I don't like it as well as the two mixer solution. (I wasn't worried about running out of mixers.) The modern day F3A aerobatic airplanes take very little rudder throw to fly knife edge maneuvers, so we use multi point mixers. I use the 9 point but could probably get by with 5 or 7 points. The idea is to get the first few points closer to neutral rudder where you want the action and then to flatten the curve as you get further off of neutral. With a three point linear curve you would need to set a very high value at full rudder to get what you wanted right off neutral. I'll never understand why the rudder to ailerons doesn't work like the rudder to elevator.

Jim O

And from wfield0455:

The example provided was just that and it pretty clearly shows the process. You can of course add as many points as desired to the curve.

EDIT:
I think the confusion comes from the fact that it appears that the curve simply scales the output FUNCTION (all control surface), based on the curve. This is how users coming from JR, Spektrum, etc would expect it to work. Clearly this isn't what is happening as an asymmetrical curve results in differential when applied to split control surfaces.

It appears that what is actually happening is that the minus side of the curve is being applied to surfaces moving in the negative direction and the positive side of the curve is being applied to surfaces moving in the positive direction. Based on that behavior, the way to implement asymmetrical rudder to elevator corrections for left and right rudder inputs is to use 2 mixes. This also has the added advantage that you can assign a knob to each mix and then tune both left and right hand knife edge in a single test flight. This would also mean that using 2 mixes isn't a "work around", simply using the software as it was designed to work, even though that is different from JR, Spektrum, etc..
Old Feb 06, 2015, 01:14 PM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
544 Posts
Here is an example of what I'm currently planing to use for knife edge mixes in my planes.
For this example we are using mode 2 and have a plane that requires 5% Down Elevator for knife edge flight with Left Rudder and 10% Down Elevator for knife edge flight with Right Rudder. The plane also requires 4% Left Aileron during knife edge flight with Left Rudder and 8% Right Aileron for knife edge flight with Right Rudder.

Step 1:
Create Logical Switch L1 for Left Rudder mixes with P3 less than 0.

Step 2:
Create Logical Switch L2 for Right Rudder mixes with P3 greater than 0.

Step 3:
Add Rudder to Elevator mix with master value of -5% controlled by Logical Switch L1. This will give 5% Down Elevator when Left Ruder is applied.

Step 4:
Copy the previosly created Rudder to Elevator mix and edit it to have a master value of 10% and to be enabled by Logical Switch L2. This will provide 10% Down Elevator when Right Rudder is applied.

Step 5:
Create a Rudder To Aileron mix with a master value of -8% enabled by Logical switch L1. This will provide 8% Right Aileron when Left Rudder is applied.

Step 6:
Copy previously created Rudder to Aileron mix and edit the master value to be -4% and enabled by Logical Switch L2. This will provide 4% Left Aileron when Right Rudder is applied.

Here are the screen shots of the Logical switches and mixes used.

I honestly don't consider this to be a work around simply using the mixes as Jeti intended. If someone can see a way to eliminate the Logical Switches please let us know.
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old Feb 06, 2015, 01:25 PM
Joined Aug 2008
544 Posts
If you would like to use the example above and be able to tune the Left Rudder mixes in flight using P8, and tune Right Rudder mixes in flight using P7, create Logical Switches L1 and L2 as shown if the following screen shots. Also be sure to set L1 and L2 as proportional, instead of simply enables in the mixes.
Old Feb 06, 2015, 09:27 PM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
1,089 Posts
Thank you for your help here on this subject!
It is still surprising that this is what it takes Jeti when compared to the very simple method I had previously on my JR 12X
Still love my Jeti platform - just surprised this important function is not so simple as most others are.

Joe
Old Feb 07, 2015, 10:14 AM
Joined Aug 2008
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK13 View Post
Thank you for your help here on this subject!
It is still surprising that this is what it takes Jeti when compared to the very simple method I had previously on my JR 12X
Still love my Jeti platform - just surprised this important function is not so simple as most others are.

Joe
Since the free mixes can have a switch or proportional control assigned to allow them to be either enables / disabled or to have the mix value easily fine tuned in flight, it makes sense to have 2 separate mixes, at least from that perspective, for left and right knife edge flight. Since left side and right side knife edge almost always have different values, having 2 mixes allows each to be tuned in flight.

Still, the dedicated Rudder to Aileron/Elevator mix that JR provides has a nice simple interface with left/right values for both Elevators and left/right values for Aileron.

Rather than monkeying around with the way the free mixes currently work, it would be nice if Jeti created a dedicated Knife Edge mix function with an interface similar to the Butterfly mix.
Old Feb 07, 2015, 11:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,268 Posts
Quote:
Rather than monkeying around with the way the free mixes currently work, it would be nice if Jeti created a dedicated Knife Edge mix function with an interface similar to the Butterfly mix.
I have to second and third that one.

Wait and see I guess.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 04:33 AM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Apr 2004
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru View Post
I have to second and third that one.

Wait and see I guess.
I have asymmetric mixing on mine without any logical switches... I can post how maņana.
Sillyness is offline Find More Posts by Sillyness
Old Feb 21, 2015, 05:24 AM
Joined Aug 2008
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness View Post
I have asymmetric mixing on mine without any logical switches... I can post how maņana.
Yes, please do.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:48 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Apr 2004
870 Posts
I'll have to do this another day... crazy times...
Sillyness is offline Find More Posts by Sillyness
Old Feb 24, 2015, 07:46 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,268 Posts
Waiting with anticipation for your tutorial
Old Feb 24, 2015, 01:19 PM
C-Main Champ
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,315 Posts
So....is what I posted in the other thread not working? (I haven't flown since the update....just played on the bench)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=11838
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose