HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mack
Australia, VIC, Mentone
Joined Jun 2004
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
I am running the spektrum ar6400 brick, well a clone that you can get for $25 online and then the brushed p51 motor. Comes in at 38.xx grams and flys like a beaut!
Great work 3D, and to the others who have been successful with the Acro Bipe. Looking back, my failure was almost certainly due, at least partially, to a rearward CG position, so the advice provided in the above posts should help those new to the model. The AR6400 or HK Orange Rx plus 1.7 gm servos, with a geared 8mm motor would be the way to go if I ever try again.
Peter Mack is offline Find More Posts by Peter Mack
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:55 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mack View Post
Great work 3D, and to the others who have been successful with the Acro Bipe. Looking back, my failure was almost certainly due, at least partially, to a rearward CG position, so the advice provided in the above posts should help those new to the model. The AR6400 or HK Orange Rx plus 1.7 gm servos, with a geared 8mm motor would be the way to go if I ever try again.
It seriously flies a treat Pretty much the same speed as the champ, I also use a 300mah 1s battery for 8 or so minutes of flight time. Its a tad bit slower with the 160mah pack but not that much of a difference. Gotta love these old birds!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:17 PM
USA, AZ
Joined Jun 2010
357 Posts
Well I want a few more of these. TO learn on etc. Here is a couple full flights with park 250 motor.
Acrobipe Park250 Nov. 2012 The Hollies Fpv 2.4ghz (3 min 27 sec)

Acrobipe.Park250.2.4ghz.Fpv.72mhz (5 min 32 sec)
Tankogen is offline Find More Posts by Tankogen
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:25 PM
USA, AZ
Joined Jun 2010
357 Posts
I enjoy love flying mine with HD key chain cam or not, but park 250 wow the power with 2 cell 360 mah lipo and 10amp esc. I found one on ebay, but wish to know 1st- where can these still be purchased? Is there a way to get someone to sell it again?

Its very crash resistant even at over 20mph. Love fast flying!

P.s. Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:51 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,755 Posts
used to be on hobbyking. i got mine a year ago or so. it was called the 'acrobipe'. came with 3700kv 2s bl motor and esc. i flew it on 1s with real gws prop(stock one sucked bad).
one thing to keep in mind, this plane has massive torque roll. if you get a warped upper wing, consider building it with the twist in it, as it appears HK shipped the warped wing that would IMPORVE the flight. WMMV.
i built the twist out of it, and regretted it.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:05 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
used to be on hobbyking. i got mine a year ago or so. it was called the 'acrobipe'. came with 3700kv 2s bl motor and esc. i flew it on 1s with real gws prop(stock one sucked bad).
one thing to keep in mind, this plane has massive torque roll. if you get a warped upper wing, consider building it with the twist in it, as it appears HK shipped the warped wing that would IMPORVE the flight. WMMV.
i built the twist out of it, and regretted it.
Haha I took out some of the twist and was really worried about it still being in the wing.. It actually flies better than my original harbor freight conversion
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:26 AM
USA, AZ
Joined Jun 2010
357 Posts
Here is some video
Recent footage and some crashes, and speed runs
AcroBipe FunCraft Crashes (12 min 0 sec)