HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2013, 08:31 AM
To much power is just enough!!
Joined Apr 2013
12 Posts
Discussion
jet joe jj1800

Hi Guys, I am new to the turbine community. I recently purchaced a jetjoe jj1800 that needs repair. I am aware that there may be issues with this brand but I am looking to get this engine working and working good. I am a good machinist and welder so fabrication and or modification should not be too much of a problem. I am looking for present and past issues to be addressed and any fixes you may be aware of. thanks, Al
Trmpower is offline Find More Posts by Trmpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2013, 06:57 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,171 Posts
It's hard to pin point an exact issue. The early JJ engines were so bad... that you basically have to take them apart... make sure everything is right... and balance them perfectly. THEN... hope that the materials in your engine are OK.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:26 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2002
921 Posts
JetJoe 1800

I am the JetJoe Distributor for North America. Depending on when your turbine was made, a lot of the earlier turbines were made with the wrong material. Unless you have accesses to a 5 axis CNC machine and the right tooling, your best bet is to send it back to China or to us for a rebuild and rebalance, and have the latest upgrades added.

Larry E.
SouthEast Model Products
Orlando, Fl.
407-381-8060
LJE4357 is offline Find More Posts by LJE4357
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:00 AM
Joined May 2004
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJE4357 View Post
I am the JetJoe Distributor for North America. Depending on when your turbine was made, a lot of the earlier turbines were made with the wrong material. Unless you have accesses to a 5 axis CNC machine and the right tooling, your best bet is to send it back to China or to us for a rebuild and rebalance, and have the latest upgrades added.

Larry E.
SouthEast Model Products
Orlando, Fl.
407-381-8060

Or that.

Seriously... even if you are a good mechanic... if you haven't been into a turbine, and know exactly how every part interacts, and what they should have been made from... sending in for upgrades isn't a bad idea.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:23 AM
Joined Apr 2013
12 Posts
Thanks guys, i appreciate the info. Peace, Al
Old Apr 28, 2013, 03:51 AM View Post
winkybone
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while winkybone edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:07 AM
Joined May 2004
1,171 Posts
Winky:

Stop trying to sell your junk on every thread that mentions JJ. It's annoying. If you don't have any constructive input... then don't post!!!

Right now... if I was to buy a JJJ... it WONT come from your shop. (i'm sure there are others who are starting to feel the same way)
Old May 22, 2013, 08:08 AM
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2004
71 Posts
My JJ 1800 is about 8 years old and still going strong.
I had it overhauled a couple of years back after crashing my Boomerang Intro into the sand and I have now fitted it to a Tony Nijhuis Retro Jet, which is a plan built high wing trainer style jet.
The engine starts first time everytime and has plenty of thrust, though a bit noisy, but not as noisy as my G booster 80.

Enjoy the engine.

Darryl
djay is offline Find More Posts by djay
Old May 24, 2013, 08:31 AM
Joined Apr 2013
12 Posts
Thanks, I will. I sent the jj1800 to Andy Fioretti from CRX designs and he has got in order. The original owner destroyed it and now it runs extremely well according to Andy. i should have any day. I want to thank Andy for taking care of me, went beyond the norm and out of his way to make this right, and all the pm's and help from you guys.Peace, Al
Old May 30, 2013, 07:04 AM
USA, NY, East Aurora
Joined Jul 2006
26 Posts
Thanks Al...

The motor had a few issues but is a real good runner now... I am glad I was able to help you with this....

Andy
afioretti is offline Find More Posts by afioretti
Last edited by afioretti; May 30, 2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: reworded
Old May 31, 2013, 06:32 PM
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,315 Posts
Jj1800

Just thought I would chime in here. Earlier this year I bought a used/refurbished JJ1800 from Andy. I now have 4 hours on the engine and the only problem I had was a bad gas solenoid which I replaced (thanks Andy). While I was at it I also replaced the fuel solenoid and all is well with the engine. I had a problem with an over temp on an occasional startup and after talking with Andy we changed the fuel pump ramp on notch down (from 6 to 5) and the problem was solved. One thing I did notice is that when I changed the ramp, it also lowered the EGT (by about 50* C) throughout the range. Starts every time without issue. Could not be happier with the engine but more importantly with the service provided by Andy.

Ed
A10pilot is offline Find More Posts by A10pilot
Old Jul 18, 2013, 02:49 PM
winkybone
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Mar 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
Winky:

Stop trying to sell your junk on every thread that mentions JJ. It's annoying. If you don't have any constructive input... then don't post!!!

Right now... if I was to buy a JJJ... it WONT come from your shop. (i'm sure there are others who are starting to feel the same way)
Sorry about that
winkybone is offline Find More Posts by winkybone