HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:57 AM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Don't think he is, perhaps wishful thinking on the OP's part. His website is up and running, even has "January Specials".

The Red Bull Gee Bee is sweet, as is the Pawnee.

If either were sent to me free of charge, I would promise to write an unbiased report on them.
Do you work for easytigermodels? Just kidding!LOL Those January specials, sound more like, the Nigerian scam specials!
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:00 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
Do you work for easytigermodels? Just kidding!LOL Those January specials, sound more like, the Nigerian scam specials!
Not yet. Going to apply for possible public relations position. First I gotta buy a plane though
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Not yet. Going to apply for possible public relations position. First I gotta buy a plane though
Whatever you do, I would not apply for a position at eastigermodels. I heard a couple customers got refunded by personal checks from easytiger, aka Curtis Mattikow, and the checks bounced. So, a paycheck cannot be to reliable from this vendor, either.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:22 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,845 Posts
In the interest of fairness, EasyTiger has made right by at least one customer lately:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=244
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
but then there is this.....

quote:

ORIGINAL: P S

A container arrived this week, with 20 190s, 5 spare cowls, and one set of wings built just for you.
I will send you a set of wings AFTER you remove the trash online and apologize, not before. I see that idiot **** **** has been talking to you.
This is not negotiable. So you decide, if the stuff is removed by tomorrow, OK, no problem.
Otherwise, no. A firm no.

Thanks!
Curtis

That was from here, post 136:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._6/key_/tm.htm

It's interesting to see how long this guy was waiting for that wing, but sad to see how he is being blackmailed now. Classy move, as usual.

RG why would you even use the word "fairness" and ETM in the same breath? He made it "right" by one customer? Are you joking?

You saw the pathetic job he did packing that plane. In case you forget, here is the link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=228

How can any vendor in the world explain that packing job? You couldn't.

He replaced the fuse because he should have replaced the fuse. Why should the buyer have expected anything else? Hows the other site coming? Have they welcomed you with open arms?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:49 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGinCanada View Post
In the interest of fairness, EasyTiger has made right by at least one customer lately:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=244
One has to wonder though, new users on rcgroups actually receiving their stuff. Well, not many, maybe two guys. One guy got a jet for free, from a easytiger contest, somewhere else. I'm sure there's strings attached. Most likely, forced by easytiger to post good things about him and the product. I'm willing to put money on this!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:51 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
quote:

ORIGINAL: P S

A container arrived this week, with 20 190s, 5 spare cowls, and one set of wings built just for you.
I will send you a set of wings AFTER you remove the trash online and apologize, not before. I see that idiot **** **** has been talking to you.
This is not negotiable. So you decide, if the stuff is removed by tomorrow, OK, no problem.
Otherwise, no. A firm no.

Thanks!
Curtis

That was from here, post 136:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._6/key_/tm.htm

It's interesting to see how long this guy was waiting for that wing, but sad to see how he is being blackmailed now. Classy move, as usual.

RG why would you even use the word "fairness" and ETM in the same breath? He made it "right" by one customer? Are you joking?

You saw the pathetic job he did packing that plane. In case you forget, here is the link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=228

How can any vendor in the world explain that packing job? You couldn't.

He replaced the fuse because he should have replaced the fuse. Why should the buyer have expected anything else? Hows the other site coming? Have they welcomed you with open arms?
Thanks for that link, that's a real eye opener!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:43 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,845 Posts
I've read up on ETM, and am fully aware of both his reputation and tactics. Please don't read my post as an endorsement of him. I don't know him, have never dealt with him, and I'd much rather have people purchase from my site than his.

On the other hand, I had a conversation with flyindude, and am simply glad that he was eventually taken care of by Curtis. In the end he has a fresh plane and serviceable spares to boot.
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
all is well that ends well.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
About a year ago I purchased a Martin Mauler (72 inch WS) from Easy Tiger. The folks there were friendly enough. I really liked the looks of this plane. I had a Master 3 blade prop lose a blade in flight and it took out the cowl and the canopy. Called Easy Tiger to find out if I could get another cowl and canopy. They told me they did not have those parts and would not have them. My mistake, from now on I will make sure spare parts are available before I purchase a plane from anyone. I love this plane, does anyone know where I might find these parts for it.
daughtry50 is offline Find More Posts by daughtry50
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:21 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
A clarification, I actually bought the Mauler 5 years ago. Did not mean this as a rant against Easy Tiger just frustrated that I could not get the parts. I have been working in Puerto Rico for the last 4 years and it took me a couple years to get the plane in the air. Time flies when you are getting older.
daughtry50 is offline Find More Posts by daughtry50
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:21 AM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtry50 View Post
About a year ago I purchased a Martin Mauler (72 inch WS) from Easy Tiger. The folks there were friendly enough. I really liked the looks of this plane. I had a Master 3 blade prop lose a blade in flight and it took out the cowl and the canopy. Called Easy Tiger to find out if I could get another cowl and canopy. They told me they did not have those parts and would not have them. My mistake, from now on I will make sure spare parts are available before I purchase a plane from anyone. I love this plane, does anyone know where I might find these parts for it.
You should consider yourself lucky, at least you got SOMETHING from sleazytiger. A lot of guys, spend hundreds, and do not even get an empty cardboard box from this thief!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:22 AM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I'm half tempted to have a buddy of mine, out of state, order a plane from sleazytiger for me. If I never receive the plane, the entertainment value will out weigh the plane. Curtis, I sure hope you do not have high blood pressure! LOL
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I've made up my mind, this is gonna be GREAT! I'll be putting an order in with sleazytiger. I'm going to put ALOT of thought into this game plan. The good news, is this is going to drive Curtis, INSANE. I know I already have, but this will be the cherry on top!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Drumroll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
I've made up my mind, this is gonna be GREAT! I'll be putting an order in with sleazytiger. I'm going to put ALOT of thought into this game plan. The good news, is this is going to drive Curtis, INSANE. I know I already have, but this will be the cherry on top!
So, what's it going to be? The Gee Gee? Curtis's own favorite the Macchi 205? One of my fav's has always been the Stearman. A gentle flier for sure, and a real crowd pleaser. If he's out of them though, you might try this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=10

Then again, both seemed to get restocked at the same time, so who knows.

That Saab Draken is a hoot too, but hurry, only one left.