Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Oct 2012
800 Posts
Discussion
Skyartec Wasp X3V Owners

I am starting this thread specifically for owners of the Wasp X3V to discuss any and all issues:

1. Modifications
2. Flight settings
3. Problems and issues
4. Flying experience and flight characteristics

Once I get my own Wasp X3V to fly, I'll post a 'user review' as well.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Oct 2012
800 Posts
3rd party servos for X3V tested by users:

Tail servo

Gyro: X302V

Worked

Did not work

1. EMax ES08D. Could not get rid of tail wag.
2. Hitec HS5055MG. Could not get it to control the tail even on the ground.

Gyro: X303V

Worked

1. EMax ES08D. Tail swings a bit, but still quite ok. Servo only gets mildly warm at the end of the flight.

Did not work

Cyclic servo

Worked

Did not work
Last edited by Lentar; Sep 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Oct 2012
800 Posts
New receiver for the Wasp X3V?

Mine came with the X302V receiver/gyro, but the Skyartec website now shows the X3V with the X303V:

http://www.skyartec.com/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=1956

Not sure whether this is an upgrade??
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,462 Posts
Some mods

Hi, I've posted a couple of pictures to show the mods to my Wasp. The first is the battery tray, the second is the tail servo pushrod support that I made out of the horizontal stabilizer bracket, the third is a little plastic clamp made to hold the tension on the tail boom when adjusting the belt; makes it easier to get the tail axle horizontal, the last is just a picture of my canopy that I trimmed the wings off(hated how they looked) along with the low voltage buzzer that I put under the elastic band on top of the battery. It's definitely worth the couple of bucks it cost on Ebay.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Oct 2007
164 Posts
Hi
Mine came also with the 302V Gyro/RX.
They seem to change stuff quite fast on this helicopter.
Like the color of the frame or the TX. I have a black frame and the programmable TX.

My cyclic servos have a lot of play but the tail servo seems tight.
There is a metal gear version (only the 2 last gears are in fact metal gears) and spare gears are available.
http://www.rcworld.co.uk/acatalog/Ne...vo-Spares.html

Also plastic gear set and output arms sets available.
Look for XL-9 (plastic) and XL-9HM (metal) sets
robins22 is offline Find More Posts by robins22
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
WASP X3V Problem

I got my on monday anh today ... First, boot up Tx ... Second, connect Rx
hear some nice music and motor don't want to spin !!! Everything seem working fine .. ok
I power up the Tx with TH - up or TH - down .. Just the same music from the ESC ???
What can I do next any idea !!!
htruong is offline Find More Posts by htruong
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:38 AM
Joined Oct 2012
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htruong View Post
I got my on monday anh today ... First, boot up Tx ... Second, connect Rx
hear some nice music and motor don't want to spin !!! Everything seem working fine .. ok
I power up the Tx with TH - up or TH - down .. Just the same music from the ESC ???
What can I do next any idea !!!
First of all, never power up heli with throttle in any position except DOWN. The top left switch on the transmitter is the 'throttle hold'. The motor will not turn if 'throttle hold' has been activated. This is a safety feature. When you boot up the transmitter, if the throttle hold is in the wrong position (meaning throttle hold is de-activated, and the motor will turn, the NASA 701 will give a beep and flashing icon type warning). I am also assuming that your heli is bound to the transmitter (since you say everything seems working fine).
Last edited by Lentar; Dec 08, 2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
no hope

Hi Lentar

First of all, never power up heli with throttle in any position except DOWN. The top left switch on the transmitter is the 'throttle hold'. The motor will not turn if 'throttle hold' has been activated. This is a safety feature. When you boot up the transmitter, if the throttle hold is in the wrong position (meaning throttle hold is de-activated, and the motor will turn, the NASA 701 will give a beep and flashing icon type warning). I am also assuming that your heli is bound to the transmitter (since you say everything seems working fine).

No, I power up correctly !!! motor no turn and just very nice music from the ESC
123-12345-12345-123-beep-beep-beep-beep beep-beep-beep-123 that all what I get.
May be, I try wint the new motor see what happen

Thank alot for your friendly help
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,462 Posts
Tail boom replacement

If any of you guys out there are archers, a 2018 aluminum arrow is the same size as a Wasp tail-boom. It's also made of a lot stronger aluminum, not the dead soft stuff on the stock boom. Made two out of an old arrow today.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
Wasp x3v

My new Wasp X3V problem out from the box

1, Set the throtle stick at the lower position. 2, Switch on the transmitter power ( ensure the right switch in " N " position
3, Connect the heli power ... this jus DON'T WORK !!!

1,Set the trrotle stick at the lower position. 2,switch on the transmitter power ( ensure the right switch in " N " position

connect the heli power - after all the beeps anh music .... 4, Swich up ( GEAR ) on the left switch ... Now, the motor will run as the throtle move.

(If I lift up the GEAR switch and power up the Tx - I will get the beeps anh flashing WARN TH
Connect power on the Heli .. not thing WORK)

Is this normal or some wrong setting .. Please HELP!!!
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,245 Posts
the software that comes with it needs major updates

I can't make heads or tails out of mine,

I think I'll just swap in a diff flb unit.

I'll also be adding metal gear servos
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Oct 2012
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htruong View Post

(If I lift up the GEAR switch and power up the Tx - I will get the beeps anh flashing WARN TH
Connect power on the Heli .. not thing WORK)

Is this normal or some wrong setting .. Please HELP!!!
Before you switch on the transmitter, the Gear switch should be in the 'Down' position. If it is in the 'Up' position you will get the beeps and Th warning. After powering up the heli, and letting it bind and gyro activate, you will be able to move the servos but the motor will not turn. This is normal. When you are ready to fly, move the gear switch to 'Up' position, making sure throttle stick is at lowest position. At this time, when you move the throttle, the motor will operate.

By the way, the X3V is not very easy to fly........
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
OMG they don't say this in the menu
However, my fly very good .. what about your Lentar?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:30 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,245 Posts
biggest issue with mine was tail hold; it hardly had any

so, some freinds and I whom are experienced with flybarless software systems, started playing with the wasps, but cant make heads or tails out of it.

screwy software.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Oct 2012
800 Posts
Two strenghtening mods: canopy and skids

1. Canopy strengthening mod

I used transparent scotch tape strips and applied them to the inside of the canopy. No appreciable increase in weight, and I think it prevented it from shattering during a crash I had.

2. Skid strengthening

The skids consist of two thin strips of plastic with a hollow recess in between. A hard landing would certainly break the two strips. I used the wire from a paper clip. Two pieces were used (picture attached), a straight piece for the straight part of the skid and a curved piece for the end. This is followed by the application of epoxy. The grey, metal filler, quick setting type is preferable.