HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
301 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
From another poster above: "you had suggested that I start with something smaller than a 400 being a first time flyer"

For a newbie wouldn't a larger quad be a little more docile and easier to keep orientation?
overmyhead is offline Find More Posts by overmyhead
Last edited by overmyhead; Nov 02, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,425 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
From another poster above: "you had suggested that I start with something smaller than a 400 being a first time flyer"

For a newbie wouldn't a larger quad be a little more docile and easier to keep orientation?
I would say no. Certainly not more docile, and visibility is not really any different than on a 350 or even 325, You're going to see the quad. It's knowing which end is which in the sistance that is the issue with orientation, and for that, colored props or colored arms and lights can help, but they won't help more on a 400 than they would on a 350. And since a bigger quad is heavier, the chances of breaking something in a crash is more likely on a 400 than on a smaller frame. Smaller props are also less of a hazard for beginnesr, and they are more sturdy. And larger props means more chances of damaging motors shafts.

I'm a firm believer that smaller is better for a beginner. Learning to do flips with a 400 is asking for trouble. With a 325, on the other hand, it's a lot more forgiving.

Just my 2 cents,

A Bryan. Dude, you have more Armattan quads that I do. At the moment I only have two quads; Armattan 316 and a Whartox 400. And I'm thinking about selling the Whartox one because I like flying the Armattan better. Not that the Warthox one isn't nice. It's awesome. It's just I'm flying it more carefully because I'm worried about breaking it because my spare parts for this one are limited.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post

I would say no. Certainly not more docile, and visibility is not really any different than on a 350 or even 325, You're going to see the quad. It's knowing which end is which in the sistance that is the issue with orientation, and for that, colored props or colored arms and lights can help, but they won't help more on a 400 than they would on a 350. And since a bigger quad is heavier, the chances of breaking something in a crash is more likely on a 400 than on a smaller frame. Smaller props are also less of a hazard for beginnesr, and they are more sturdy. And larger props means more chances of damaging motors shafts.

I'm a firm believer that smaller is better for a beginner. Learning to do flips with a 400 is asking for trouble. With a 325, on the other hand, it's a lot more forgiving.

Just my 2 cents,

A Bryan. Dude, you have more Armattan quads that I do. At the moment I only have two quads; Armattan 316 and a Whartox 400. And I'm thinking about selling the Whartox one because I like flying the Armattan better. Not that the Warthox one isn't nice. It's awesome. It's just I'm flying it more carefully because I'm worried about breaking it. My spare parts for this one are limited.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Oct 2005
131 Posts
Got my Armattan a few weeks ago...

I received my 308 Armattan a few weeks ago and have been flying that solely. I had planned to get this to train the kid and wife but have been hogging up the time because it's so fun! The 308 with Chris's setup is very maneuverable. I think my next order would be in the 400 or 500 size.

Let me know how much the frames and complete quads would be Chris in those sizes. Love your builds man!! Wish you had more help so we can start ordering again
heliboy04 is offline Find More Posts by heliboy04
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliboy04 View Post
I received my 308 Armattan a few weeks ago and have been flying that solely. I had planned to get this to train the kid and wife but have been hogging up the time because it's so fun! The 308 with Chris's setup is very maneuverable. I think my next order would be in the 400 or 500 size.

Let me know how much the frames and complete quads would be Chris in those sizes. Love your builds man!! Wish you had more help so we can start ordering again
Then where's my trader's feedback??? Man, if I had only one person out of five who are happy with what I sell them take the time to submit traders feedback, my traders rating would be three times higher.

I will hopefully be open to take limited orders in a week or so.

I actually hired a student to build boxes for me today. I hate packing but if the boxes are made, it's not so bad. I had to teach him how to make the boxes. He was darn slow. He made 12 boxes in 7 hours. But the boxes are solid and that's 12 boxes I don't have to make.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Oct 2005
131 Posts
Lol!

Alright. Just posted your positive feedback. I have been doing this for awhile and never really paid much attention but I guess I should start asking for feedback too. Now you are at 70 my friend.
heliboy04 is offline Find More Posts by heliboy04
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:18 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
So I got home a few hours ago from Ny and I got esc cal, sensor test and then I go to arm it with right stick down and to the right and it continues to stay in safe mode ??? Help lol
Try down and to the left.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:33 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Set your endpoints it 120%
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
I suggest you watch this video.
Pre-Flight Check and Tips; Armattan (12 min 0 sec)
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
ive watched that 4 times . can someone post a pic of your rx to kk2 wires and i have the black, red , white leads from kk2 to rx and im using a new 9x and im not really sure what the ch are as all they its marked as ch1 ch2 ch3 etc but im lookinjg bat my orange rx as a stating point . i had it right i thought or else the sensor test would be wrong i guess and i switch the wires on kk2 from the black wire to the inside ( closest to lcd) to the white wire closest to lcd and then it says o% so i had it right . ill try setting end points to 120 . its just me tryinf to understand a new TX THANKS
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Closed Thread