Closed Thread
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
What Camera Nut are you using to attach the camera with the AG600 NEX Lens Cradle Kit?
Are you talking about the 1/4 20 screw that bolts the camera to any tripod or the AG 600 cradle? You can go to any hardware store and pick one up, I use thumb screws that I found at Orchard supply hardware or Lowes.
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:11 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
Are you talking about the 1/4 20 screw that bolts the camera to any tripod or the AG 600 cradle? You can go to any hardware store and pick one up, I use thumb screws that I found at Orchard supply hardware or Lowes.
I've used 1/4" bolts but I want something with a bigger head that I can grip. Since I do not have any camera stores around in order to see what fits. I thought someone would have a recommendation for the AG 600 cradle.
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:58 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,444 Posts
Quote:
I've used 1/4" bolts but I want something with a bigger head that I can grip. Since I do not have any camera stores around in order to see what fits. I thought someone would have a recommendation for the AG 600 cradle.
Ummm ya, as I said, you can get 1/4 20 bolts that are "thumb screws" that fit perfectly on the aG600 cradle at most hardware stores. If the bolts are too long, cut them down with a dremil. Easy $.20 solution.
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,084 Posts
thumb screws are pretty affordable. i guess I should get a batch and start to include them,. only thing is finding the right length, tough to find hmm

http://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screw-fasteners/=k81x5c
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
Gopro go go go https://vimeo.com/53767538

**update** Did another pass through Speegrade then stabilized and added a lens distortion correction filter, straightened it right out, and aspect matte for cinematic effect. I'm love playing with this go pro and I don't even have it yet. I can't wait to play with footage I shoot.

https://vimeo.com/53769790
Great stuff. :-). Is Speedgrade a CS6 tool? How about the lens distortion correction filter?

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Mar 2008
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
thumb screws are pretty affordable. i guess I should get a batch and start to include them,. only thing is finding the right length, tough to find hmm

http://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screw-fasteners/=k81x5c
"...finding the right length". Exactly, I thought you may know & have a good lead which is the correct one.
Thanks for the lead.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:02 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Great stuff. :-). Is Speedgrade a CS6 tool? How about the lens distortion correction filter?

-- Gary
Gary, Speedgrade isn't just a tool in a program. It is a full fledged CS6 Program. It is probably a lot more technical than 95 percent of users here need. Just the few that are doing Professional level work would probably want to tackle the learning curve of this program. There are a lot easier progams to use for bringing to "Protune" files to a pleasing color space. -- Also, don't know if people are aware that the "App" for the GoPro3 Black, won't work until Dec 14th. The "White" and "Silver" work now. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is online now Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:07 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post

-- Gary
Gary, Yes it is part of CS6 suite. The barrel distortion filter is in Magic bullet looks. I am not a pro color corrector. But I have been using magic bullet looks for a while, and I feel it really puts a lot of damage on the image. So I am now trying real CC software like speed grade, apple color and davinci. It is not that hard to learn. there are tutorials all over the place and they have preset filters you can use. I'd really recommend a good CC app before using a simple CCfilter app like MBL especially DSLR and go pro footage. It just teaks a few steps more.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:35 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,084 Posts
cs6 looks great, but gosh way too much feature and learning curve is pretty high. for my level of work,(which is mostly quick and dirty test video) I don't know if want to spend the time. still, I've been thinking of getting different video editor. looks like the corel video studio pro X5 ultimate edition has mercali SE built in for only 50 bucks. wonder if anybody has experience with this editor. I've read that it renders lot quicker than sony, which I've been using.

sigh. too much to learn
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Mar 2008
817 Posts
Cyberlink's Power Directer Ultra 11 is suppose to have very fast processing speeds

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...gn=CL_Homepage
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:35 AM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
956 Posts
Quote:
Cyberlink's Power Directer Ultra 11 is suppose to have very fast processing speeds

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...gn=CL_Homepage
This is what I use. Works for an old man like me
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,477 Posts
Quote:
Gopro go go go https://vimeo.com/53767538

**update** Did another pass through Speegrade then stabilized and added a lens distortion correction filter, straightened it right out, and aspect matte for cinematic effect. I'm love playing with this go pro and I don't even have it yet. I can't wait to play with footage I shoot.

https://vimeo.com/53769790
I'm sorry but it just looks wonky after all the post work
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:01 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
I'm sorry but it just looks wonky after all the post work
Can you describe wonky? need a little more help there. If you mean color correction, that can be changed to anything you want. i went for a somewhat spaghetti western over saturated red cam combo look. That's just the style I chose, subjective. Th sky is the limit on color.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Nov 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:19 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
Free flying the Y550. A lot of fun!
Unfortunately it flipped forward while landing this morning damaging the 4 front props. Since I had already used the spare pair on tail after a close encounter with a tree couple of days ago, I probably won't be flying it again until I receive more props and a new carbon frame that I'm still choosing.
So this was a one weekend fun drone only. I would easily keep it for free fly fun with no load. But I need a working tool for filming and money has been very very short.

Free flying the Y6 - F550 (5 min 33 sec)
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Last edited by Velociraptor73; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:20 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,477 Posts
Quote:
Can you describe wonky? need a little more help there. If you mean color correction, that can be changed to anything you want. i went for a somewhat spaghetti western over saturated red cam combo look. That's just the style I chose, subjective. Th sky is the limit on color.
Not with color but with the lens correction or post stab.. Almost a jello but not really.. Just wonky
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread