SU35 FW (3 min 52 sec)
Antaeus is offline Find More Posts by Antaeus
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
Nice chute where did you stash it? Too bad they clipped the last few sec too early. Wanted to do the same but dont have enough channels, but ill be upgrading to a DX8 or JR 12 soon.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
-35 from freewing isnt ready for 3D

guys and gals, replace all control clevises on this plane. the item that connects to the control horn.

today on my 13th flight, after doing a snap roll @ 3/4 throttle the right elevator clevis literally snapped, broke clean off.

i almost saved the entire plane, but trying to maneuver with one elevator and the right is completely fighting against you doesn't make for a fun time..

the 12 flight was good, no issues and i resolved the issue rolling right to left. 12th flight was a dream really, i did some 3d @ 2ft off the deck. it was truly amazing.
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:27 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,447 Posts
A typical 'big' jet (eg 1.5m size, 4kg or so) costs $100 shipping from China to here.
Castle or BH end up identical for me to get to here in total.

V8... check out the Turnigy 9x. 9 Ch ($70 TX with 1 8ch RX)... but best to upgrade it to a better RF module. Typically $50 to do. eg FRSKY ACCT DHT with telemetry (freq hops 100x sec for bullet-proof result - as tested with noise generators to try to shoot it down). Rxes at $20 or so (6 and 8 ch).
It is quite programmable (mixes) as it comes, but if you want to get more technical and mod it to reflash to community firmware it then becomes incredibly programmable, and optimised in every way - due to the ongoing firmware editing "add this.. make it do that...". Probably better than any big name brand even does.
And in quality and reliability it has not has one issue here (2 of them), and versus 2 Futaba's I have.
Read up on them (Turnigy, or iMax or Eurgle). Check RCreviews too.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PeterVRC; Feb 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:41 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
A typical 'big' jet (eg 1.5m size, 4kg or so) costs $100 shipping from China to here.
Castle or BH end up identical for me to get to here in total.

V8... check out the Turnigy 9x. 9 Ch ($70 TX with 1 8ch RX)... but best to upgrade it to a better RF module. Typically $50 to do. eg FRSKY ACCT DHT with telemetry (freq hops 100x sec for bullet-proof result - as tested with noise generators to try to shoot it down). Rxes at $20 or so (6 and 8 ch).
It is quite programmable (mixes) as it comes, but if you want to get more technical and mod it to reflash to community firmware it then becomes incredibly programmable, and optimised in every way - due to the ongoing firmware editing "add this.. make it do that...". Probably better than any big name brand even does.
And in quality and reliability it has not has one issue here (2 of them), and versus 2 Futaba's I have.
Read up on them (Turnigy, or iMax or Eurgle). Check RCreviews too.
Is it compatible with spektrum receivers, cuz that's all i will run?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:42 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargassm View Post
guys and gals, replace all control clevises on this plane. the item that connects to the control horn.

today on my 13th flight, after doing a snap roll @ 3/4 throttle the right elevator clevis literally snapped, broke clean off.

i almost saved the entire plane, but trying to maneuver with one elevator and the right is completely fighting against you doesn't make for a fun time..

the 12 flight was good, no issues and i resolved the issue rolling right to left. 12th flight was a dream really, i did some 3d @ 2ft off the deck. it was truly amazing.
so is she salvageable? Or will you have to buy a new 1? How much was lost?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Nice chute where did you stash it? Too bad they clipped the last few sec too early. Wanted to do the same but dont have enough channels, but ill be upgrading to a DX8 or JR 12 soon.
i video taped Antaeus Saturday. hopefully he uploads the video.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:52 PM
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
so is she salvageable? Or will you have to buy a new 1? How much was lost?
need new fuse, nose is toast. video inc shortly
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
Crash Doug Su 35 (0 min 15 sec)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
clevis failure.

Ripped Clevis (0 min 24 sec)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
Sorry for the loss, I feel the pain.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:24 AM
NEWPORT BEACH, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2001
219 Posts
Here is the vid on airbrake and drag chute mods...

Drag chute is a MUST HAVE if you fly in a short field like ours...NOT to mention it is a HUGE crowd pleaser for our weekend crowds!

SU35 mods (1 min 45 sec)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:43 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaeus View Post
Here is the vid on airbrake and drag chute mods...

Drag chute is a MUST HAVE if you fly in a short field like ours...NOT to mention it is a HUGE crowd pleaser for our weekend crowds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnw25...ature=youtu.be
Very cool, great work! Where did you get the parachute?
tmsn is offline Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:48 AM
NEWPORT BEACH, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2001
219 Posts
[QUOTE=PeterVRC;20725079]...This thread is killing me!!
I love the look of Su's (34 & 35), but also MiGs (MiG-29), so I am stuck between deciding on the LX Mig-29 and this Su-35. Both within dollars of each other...QUOTE]

Get both! ...but if you can only get one, you should get the Su-35. Right out of the box, Free Wing quality is better than LX Mig29 hands down for now. Power is comparable to the HETs. Components are clean and fit together without struggles.

LX Mig 29 however is a very COMPETENT player once equipped with aftermarket powerplants. In my case, I added HET 2W-25 6s.
Here is my vid to prove it...

Mig 29 02 10 2012 (3 min 8 sec)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:51 AM
NEWPORT BEACH, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2001
219 Posts
parachute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
Very cool, great work! Where did you get the parachute?
It is from my ex LX Mig 29. You can get them at BH, or just PM Wargassm. He's gone through 5 Mig29s and have plenty to spare...: