Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:09 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,457 Posts
Cool
Fly Fly F4 "She Is A Flyer"

I put a maiden flight on the F4 Phantom I got from Ready To Fly Planes.com and RC Groups member Hippo earlier today. The F4 is one of two planes that I purchased. The other is the F-86 Sabre. Both are complete with servo's, air retract system, ESC, and 90mm EDF unit with brushless motor set up for 6S Lipos. No external BEC needed. For the F4, there are only two servo's in the rear on the full flying tailerons and these are the only two surfaces that control it in flight. On the ground, the steerable nose wheel is pushed around by a neat little servo, mounted directly to the retract gear assembly in the nose.
Although the plane came fully painted and ready for decals, I decided to put a special paint job on it. I found it on the box of a plastic model we sell in the hobby shop. The model, by Accurate Miniatures, was a great resource for the paint scheme, even though I could not follow it's example to the last detail.
Flight from the F4 was very scale with a more than reasonable take off run and plenty of power. It is a very smooth flyer. The only negative thing that happend was that one of the quick connect style connectors on the left taileron became slightly loose in flight and wanted to allow the plane to drift right all the time. This happened 4 or more minutes into the flight and since trimming was not helping much, the maiden flight was cut short for me to figure out what was going on. I've attached a few pictures of the plane... just before the maiden. I've made a few adjustments, added a small amount of weight to the tail and she's ready to go again. Enjoy... I sure did.

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,845 Posts
She's lookin good there Bo! Nice work on the panel lines and weathering. Hope I can get a turn on the sticks one day.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
TEXAS
Joined Sep 2005
1,006 Posts
I lost my direction do you know the cg of the fly fly f4
zach_dad is offline Find More Posts by zach_dad