HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 61 10.55%
DW SKUA 28 4.84%
DW 38" kit 173 29.93%
DW 48" kit 153 26.47%
DW 55" kit 70 12.11%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.56%
Never owned one 205 35.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 578. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:43 AM
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2009
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Not a direct answer but....I have had Scorpions in my DW's, and then removed them and installed the recomended Dynamo by MIke.

The result was a motor that perform as good as the Scorpion but at a lower cost. With that said IMHO the Scorpion is a higher quality motor compared to the Dynamo.

Conclusion, they both perform great, it's your choice on the level of quality in the motor construction.

Mike R
Yeah, the quality of the scorpion motors just can't be beat. Not knocking the Dynamos at all, but I love my scorpion motors.
blueapplepaste is offline Find More Posts by blueapplepaste
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:55 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
For the 40" kits like the one you flew I might try the A20-12XL. The main thing is for big power you want something up around 80 grams 1000kv.
Flop, I just ordered a Motrofly 2610-1100 for mine. The SonicElectric finally "sang it's last song" yesterday. I did bolt on the underpowered Exceed motor I mention earlier and it flys well, it just doesn't have the POP that the Sonic had and it is not much quieter.

Stay tuned...
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2011, 08:12 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
post deleted
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Sep 26, 2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:55 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Please help me!!!

Check out my post @
Sorry, I fail to see how this deals with DW Foamies. Reported for spam.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:10 AM
Team Extreme!
Wa, state
Joined Oct 2009
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
Sorry, I fail to see how this deals with DW Foamies. Reported for spam.
Xpress, I know it is not about a DW, but if the guys needs help, why report him? You can ask him to post it somwhere else, but that was a (most likely) unknowing mistake not at all worth reporting.

Not to mention the fact that it is shedding a bad light on DW foamies when all the guys on their threads and being a pain to new guys.
michaelJH is offline Find More Posts by michaelJH
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:01 AM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljh View Post
xpress, i know it is not about a dw, but if the guys needs help, why report him? You can ask him to post it somwhere else, but that was a (most likely) unknowing mistake not at all worth reporting.

Not to mention the fact that it is shedding a bad light on dw foamies when all the guys on their threads and being a pain to new guys.
+1.
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2007
20,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelJH View Post
Xpress, I know it is not about a DW, but if the guys needs help, why report him? You can ask him to post it somwhere else, but that was a (most likely) unknowing mistake not at all worth reporting.

Not to mention the fact that it is shedding a bad light on DW foamies when all the guys on their threads and being a pain to new guys.
It is because he has spammed about 20 threads with the exact same response, thus why his post has been reported. I highly doubt he will come back to this thread anyways as he seems fixated on getting as much help to his thread as possible Looks like a lot of his posts have been deleted.

It's just trying to keep the thread on topic which we have been doing so marvelously for almost 200 pages!

Keeping in the spirit of OT, I recently rebuilt my workbench:

Tore it down, cut it down a bit, then rotated it 90* and rebuilt it. Lot stronger this time, and spend plenty of time making sure the bench would be straight as possible. No more crooked DW Foamy wings
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:03 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,580 Posts
getting back to DW's....have i told you how great my 40" Juka
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:10 PM
Joined Jul 2009
288 Posts
I'm missing flying my DW. Got ~3 flights on the new fusion and then had to send my DX8 in for service - ailerons would twitch whenever I moved the elevator. Did it on every plane and pheonix simulator. More than two weeks and I'm still waiting...

Meanwhile my DW is just collecting dust.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:06 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,945 Posts
I recommend getting used DX7 over in the FS threads. Great radio and inexpensive. My DX8, i got to send it in, it has a little grit twitch in the aileron. Happens rarely but does happen. And both of the long toggle switches are loose. Maybe I tweaked them hauling in my backpack.

That being said, it did have a nice set of features.

Anyways I went back to the dx7, it is rugged. I will probably sell my DX8 when I get it back. Hopefully the guy that buys it doesn't go back in my thread history and read this lol.

For the same money you could get used 9503.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:21 PM
Joined Jul 2009
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
I recommend getting used DX7 over in the FS threads. Great radio and inexpensive. My DX8, i got to send it in, it has a little grit twitch in the aileron. Happens rarely but does happen. And both of the long toggle switches are loose. Maybe I tweaked them hauling in my backpack.

That being said, it did have a nice set of features.

Anyways I went back to the dx7, it is rugged. I will probably sell my DX8 when I get it back. Hopefully the guy that buys it doesn't go back in my thread history and read this lol.

For the same money you could get used 9503.
Yeah, I love it. But this is annoying, and usually Horizon is so good about getting it back quickly, this is the longest I've waited for a repair. This has some features that the DX7 doesn't (like triple rates).

I'll see how it is when it's back.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:36 PM
Joined Oct 2007
20,928 Posts
Well lets hope that the Dx8 comes back better than new. Horizon must have something up their sleeve if they're taking so long.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:03 PM
With great pwer comes great 3D
Globe, USA, Clemson, SC
Joined Jun 2010
1,311 Posts
I don't like the roller system of the Dx6 and Dx8. If they had made a Dx7 with all the telemetry and whatnot with triple rates it would have been awesome. I think it took me about a week and half to two week sot get the board replaced on my Dx7, so don't worry too much it will be back soon.
killsdeer4fun is offline Find More Posts by killsdeer4fun
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:30 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,237 Posts
You want triple rates on DX7? Here's FlopGuns method:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=70

Cheers!
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:54 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
getting back to DW's....have i told you how great my 40" Juka

Or how REALLY fantastic my 48" Juka is???

About a doz packs now and MAN...what a huckin machine this baby is!!!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Last edited by poiyt; Sep 26, 2011 at 02:22 PM.