Oh!... I see!
United States, VA, Wise
Joined Dec 2011
148 Posts
@davereap
Here is the link to the ar6400 clone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-Ship-6c...81019164203%26

It was $27 instead of $25
Not bad. Elevator servo is a little chatty on mine. Bound with no issues to my DX6i. Ill try to post a video of it in action.
oic is offline Find More Posts by oic
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:44 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oic View Post
@davereap
Here is the link to the ar6400 clone ....
Since davereap is in England, this is likely a better/even less expensive option. The ebay (free) shipping appears to be US only.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:39 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,807 Posts
cheers... I have that link , but so far I am a bit reluctant to try them..
been getting supermicro stuff from HK which works well ...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._one_5ch_.html
I do like my spektrum radio as well, however...
davereap is online now Find More Posts by davereap
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:42 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
P-38

My MS paint plans seemed to translate well on to the depron However the nose will require some trimming

It weighs 21.5 g without electronics, but it could have been lighter: The carbon fiber spar isnt really necessary and adds 2 grams (but Im whacking a high power setup on it so it will help me), also I extended the KFm2 to follow the contours of the booms/cabin and I added 2 more bits of 3mm depron to each boom front to give my BL motors something to bite on to and to absorb the shock of belly landings. I think I could make it between 16-18g if I didnt want extreme speed and aerobatic performance from it.

I think with the mosquito stock 1s electronics (say 26g with dual aileron servos and a 250mah lipo) it would fly close to 3D. The twin motor setup produces between 75-90g of thrust. Now mosquito electronics + my air frame should weigh between 50-55g, so there would be a great thrust to weight ratio.

....But as you may know from some of my earlier posts my mosquito electronics are playing up, so I am forced to use an ORX 6ch

My power system is going to be 2x AP05 5000kV BL outrunners with either mosquito props of GWS 5030 3 blade props and running on 2x 3-5a ESCs on 1s. All up I will get between 140 - 180g of static thrust

This plane is going to be AMAZING!!!!

EDIT: Also the CG is right on the money, I gave it a light throw and cleared the distance of my lounge room and hit the wall, this is by far the best gliding plane I have built yet

Wingspan: 540mm
Length: 395mm
Weight: 21.5g (without electronics, or glue)

Plans available soon
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Feb 06, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:40 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
cheers... I have that link , but so far I am a bit reluctant to try them..
No need to hesitate - I haven't read any posts on RCGroups that report problems from the folks who've ordered them. Postage to the US was under $5 for the six I ordered, and service was fast.

The HK supermicro system was interesting to tinker with, but certainly not easy to use - unless you had one of these.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:09 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
My MS paint plans seemed to translate well on to the depron However the nose will require some trimming

It weighs 21.5 g without electronics, but it could have been lighter: The carbon fiber spar isnt really necessary and adds 2 grams (but Im whacking a high power setup on it so it will help me), also I extended the KFm2 to follow the contours of the booms/cabin and I added 2 more bits of 3mm depron to each boom front to give my BL motors something to bite on to and to absorb the shock of belly landings. I think I could make it between 16-18g if I didnt want extreme speed and aerobatic performance from it.

I think with the mosquito stock 1s electronics (say 26g with dual aileron servos and a 250mah lipo) it would fly close to 3D. The twin motor setup produces between 75-90g of thrust. Now mosquito electronics + my air frame should weigh between 50-55g, so there would be a great thrust to weight ratio.

....But as you may know from some of my earlier posts my mosquito electronics are playing up, so I am forced to use an ORX 6ch

My power system is going to be 2x AP05 5000kV BL outrunners with either mosquito props of GWS 5030 3 blade props and running on 2x 3-5a ESCs on 1s. All up I will get between 140 - 180g of static thrust

EDIT: Also the CG is right on the money, I gave it a light throw and cleared the distance of my lounge room and hit the wall, this is by far the best gliding plane I have built yet

Plans available soon

The ORX 6 channel probably won't like 1S with two high amp draw motors.

I wish HK sold the DSM2 6 Channel RX that is in the Gemini RC planes.

It's like a 6 Channel R415.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
The ORX 6 channel probably won't like 1S with two high amp draw motors.

I wish HK sold the DSM2 6 Channel RX that is in the Gemini RC planes.

It's like a 6 Channel R415.
Thought of that, I have a 1s to 5v voltage booster on the way and Im going to run 2x 300mah nanotechs in parallel

While your here... could I add a resistor or diode to a servo lead to limit the amount of juice it gets? The 1.9g servos I ordered are only rated at 4.2v so the 0.6v voltage drop of a diode would reduce their voltage to 4.4v which is better than 5v right?
Last edited by valiantGLX; Feb 06, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:03 PM
Ozark,AR
Joined Nov 2005
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post

Plans available soon
Valiant,
That is an awsome build, I've always liked the P-38, cant wait to see it completed and here the flight report.

Jeff
arauser is offline Find More Posts by arauser
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:19 PM
Ozark,AR
Joined Nov 2005
148 Posts
Well I trashed my first little Lynx, decided to go inverted too close to the ground, but kind of a blessing in disguise. I made another with more wing area and it flys SO much better and it's actually a little lighter than my first one. Ready to fly weight is 34 grams with a 300 mah battery. I put alittle color on this one but trying to stay light.

Jeff
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:33 PM
Fort Smith Ar
Joined Oct 2005
921 Posts
Nice plane Jeff. Can't wait to see how well it flies.
Russ40 is offline Find More Posts by Russ40
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:01 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,893 Posts
Sweet, clever and simple design, crisp lines, very attractive, thanks for sharing.
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:32 PM
oic
Oh!... I see!
United States, VA, Wise
Joined Dec 2011
148 Posts
video of the AR6400 clone. Bought on ebay for $27.
AR6400 clone (1 min 4 sec)
oic is offline Find More Posts by oic
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:18 AM
Ozark,AR
Joined Nov 2005
148 Posts
Russ, dbacon,
Thanks guys.
Jeff
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:33 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arauser View Post
Valiant,
That is an awsome build, I've always liked the P-38, cant wait to see it completed and here the flight report.

Jeff
Thanks for your kind words Jeff, I cant wait to see your lynx fly aswell
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:20 PM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,807 Posts
the Whisper maiden
The Whisper..Indoor micro model (1 min 4 sec)
davereap is online now Find More Posts by davereap