HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2013, 01:02 AM
Fresno, CA
Joined May 2005
1,162 Posts
yes I like them. My son went to Cal Poly Pomona back in 2003 and he bought a Banana from them. He flew it from Temple Hill
jzanutto is online now Find More Posts by jzanutto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2014, 05:52 PM
rip
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jan 2013
1,659 Posts
I been flying a Spirit glider for a while now... and i'm ready to upgrade to a serious competition glider. The Supra Pro and the Dragonfly Strong are the two i'm trying to decide...

I'm an intermediate pilot at best and i'm told not to buy the expensive model yet...

... does that make sense? should i get the dragonfly strong and fly it for a year or so before going to the 'major leagues'? or should i go to the supra pro direct

any advice helps
ripacheco is offline Find More Posts by ripacheco
Old Jan 24, 2014, 07:16 PM
whatgoesup
USA, NY, Woodbury
Joined May 2010
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripacheco View Post
I been flying a Spirit glider for a while now... and i'm ready to upgrade to a serious competition glider. The Supra Pro and the Dragonfly Strong are the two i'm trying to decide...

I'm an intermediate pilot at best and i'm told not to buy the expensive model yet...

... does that make sense? should i get the dragonfly strong and fly it for a year or so before going to the 'major leagues'? or should i go to the supra pro direct

any advice helps
Personally, I've found a Supra a lot easier to fly than the woodies I've had for a variety of reasons: it floats further, has better wind penetration and more precise controls. That all added up to no more accidents; tip stalls being my favorite (except for landing in a tree). I've flown the Supra for two years and during that time I flew the old sailplanes just for fun. I found out that while I was about average flying the Supra, you'd never know it watching me fly something else. In other words the Supra made up for my inadequacies.

Sure you can still have accidents with a Supra: the famous ill advised last turn and stall being one I've seen a few times with both not so good and better intermediate pilots.
Powerbud is offline Find More Posts by Powerbud