HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2014, 03:02 PM
United States, MD, La Plata
Joined Jun 2012
332 Posts
Discussion
Build Season

I like to hit the fly season with at least 5 "new" birds. A mix of prop driven and EDF, scratchbuild and ARFs.
My scratch builds are simple and I always have 2 each RTF and at least 1 more "kitted" per model.
With my ARF (purchased) birds, I generally buy 2 of each model with one being micro (800mm or smaller) and the other +1Kmm.
Interested in hearing about how others prepare/stock their hangar for a new "season"
Icarusdanoob is offline Find More Posts by Icarusdanoob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2014, 09:27 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,859 Posts
I just build and fly all year! What's a little snow? (Well, maybe this year.....)
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OneSheeter#17 OSC140 debut
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:59 AM
Joined Jun 2012
332 Posts
Lol! You?!
My hangar is blissfully full of your designs!
(get those Rollason plans posted!)
Old Feb 25, 2014, 08:29 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,859 Posts
Yeah, i gotta do that.... And the Mustang templates......and the mpf beech.....and.......

I am such a slacker!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:15 PM
United States, NC, Holly Springs
Joined May 2013
168 Posts
I second the mustang templates!!!
Atrocityx is offline Find More Posts by Atrocityx
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:17 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,859 Posts
all right, all right.....

Perhaps, I should just post what I have, and you guys can tell me where I screwed up! Nah! that would be not nice. I'll work on them.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2014, 03:20 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2005
1,333 Posts
yeah springer, stop flying and waist some of that time on the computer making them plans. You are upsetting your fans! and the members of RCGroups too last thing you need is an
angry mob of scratch builders at your door step tossing dead lipo packs and stripped servos at your door

I am working on updating almost all of my designs with things that I have learned to improve them and trying to build 1 of each. I must rebuild the Outcast Air Force! Right now I am working on the second prototype of my YF-243 Hunter and then will be making another YF-244 Caiman. Then I hope to go back to my tried and true F/A-241 Shrike and F-242 Spiker. I may even go and dust of the plans for my F-239 Sparrow, but that would mean a lot of work. Still need to finish the new hotwire power supply too...
OutcastZeroOne is offline Find More Posts by OutcastZeroOne
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:17 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,859 Posts
Ha! it is funny how we cycle through new builds and rebuilds. I find it very difficult to do a second version of any of my planes, but rather keep fixing the prototype when I should probably just scrap it and rebuild a new one with, as you say," things that I have learned". I finally scrapped the RedPete, PV2 and Beaver last month, and found I now have a bunch of servos, motors etc, etc. (hmmmmm...)

You know if y'all threw good motors, servos and lipos at my door, I might be tempted to do more work!

Finished refurbing the Mustang last eve, and flew check out flight this morning in almost calm 5deg weather. Fun, but fingers can't handle too long flights in that temp. pic on the build thread.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2014, 04:47 PM
Joined Jun 2012
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Ha! it is funny how we cycle through new builds and rebuilds. I find it very difficult to do a second version of any of my planes, but rather keep fixing the prototype when I should probably just scrap it and rebuild a new one with, as you say," things that I have learned". I finally scrapped the RedPete, PV2 and Beaver last month, and found I now have a bunch of servos, motors etc, etc. (hmmmmm...)

You know if y'all threw good motors, servos and lipos at my door, I might be tempted to do more work!

Finished refurbing the Mustang last eve, and flew check out flight this morning in almost calm 5deg weather. Fun, but fingers can't handle too long flights in that temp. pic on the build thread.
I would have no problems whatsoever with that!
Old Feb 26, 2014, 05:06 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,859 Posts
flying with frozen fingers? or throwing good stuff at my door?

So, which of my designs are currently in your hanger? (always wonder if anyone will build what I put up...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2014, 07:57 PM
Joined Jun 2012
332 Posts
Throwing stuff at your door in appreciation for your contributions...
From your. OSE plans

And your OSR plans
Last edited by Icarusdanoob; Feb 27, 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 09:35 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,859 Posts
Wow, you been busy! Must have been senior moment, they do look familiar, now...
RCG Plus Member