SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
269 Posts
Woo hooooo Lookin GooooD!! New MFD arrived today.
Nucc10 is offline Find More Posts by Nucc10
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:30 PM
4ever newb
United States, IA, Mason City
Joined Sep 2013
244 Posts
That does look sharp!
tpalshadow is offline Find More Posts by tpalshadow
Old Nov 26, 2014, 01:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucc10 View Post
Are the pin outs different from prior MFD AP units?

If so, is this be why V1.16 has been installed on new units but not released for installation on earlier units?

Would the Developer please provide an update and clarity on the firmware update issue?

Why has V1.116 been released commercially on new units, but not yet released for download for existing users?

Thank you.
syzygyQ is online now Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Old Nov 26, 2014, 01:23 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman View Post
Suggest you e mail Charles directly from the MFD web site. I assume that you cal mag and ASI before every flight and you have cal joystick too?
Hy,

Charles is already informed but have still no solution for me....
Of course all calibrations were done and as I sad everythning worked properly till 2 weeks as the problems arise
alexG1 is offline Find More Posts by alexG1
Old Nov 26, 2014, 01:43 PM
Russia, Saint Petersburg, SPB
Joined May 2013
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
Are the pin outs different from prior MFD AP units?

If so, is this be why V1.16 has been installed on new units but not released for installation on earlier units?

Would the Developer please provide an update and clarity on the firmware update issue?

Why has V1.116 been released commercially on new units, but not yet released for download for existing users?

Thank you.

Well, you should by new AP. Its new policy. No downloadable firmware updates. Want new firmware - buy new AP where its preinstalled.
reedevil is offline Find More Posts by reedevil
Old Nov 26, 2014, 02:12 PM
Joined Aug 2008
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedevil View Post
Well, you should by new AP. Its new policy. No downloadable firmware updates. Want new firmware - buy new AP where its preinstalled.
Would you be so kind and link the source?
tty044 is offline Find More Posts by tty044
Old Nov 26, 2014, 03:06 PM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tty044 View Post
schumixmd is offline Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New multirotor motors line.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 04:02 PM
Russia, Saint Petersburg, SPB
Joined May 2013
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tty044 View Post
I already even got PM to confirm this "information"

Ofc its a joke. Just tired to wait new firmware without any information about it. And suddenly - its already on new APs without chance to download or any comments from developer! Thats strange and a bit offensively :| I got 2 MFD AP, MFD AAT and RLink LRS (somewhere i heard that its close to MFD production). And cant get latest FW.
reedevil is offline Find More Posts by reedevil
Old Nov 26, 2014, 04:06 PM
4ever newb
United States, IA, Mason City
Joined Sep 2013
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedevil View Post
I already even got PM to confirm this "information"

Ofc its a joke. Just tired to wait new firmware without any information about it. And suddenly - its already on new APs without chance to download or any comments from developer! Thats strange and a bit offensively :| I got 2 MFD AP, MFD AAT and RLink LRS (somewhere i heard that its close to MFD production). And cant get latest FW.
The feeling is mutual, but let's just have a little more patience...it will happen.
tpalshadow is offline Find More Posts by tpalshadow
Old Nov 26, 2014, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Here are some pictures of the internals for comparison of both boards for all you techies out there. There is a red jumper wire soldered to the back of the pins on my new unit that goes from A2 (power ground) to Elevator ground pin. There are also some changes inside. The top is made of metal and has raised areas that have paste and touch the bits that heat up like a heat sink. Im not sure what the other changes mean but I figured you might want to compare. Enjoy and comment on what you see.
Nucc10 is offline Find More Posts by Nucc10
Old Yesterday, 02:12 AM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Here are some pictures of the internals for comparison of both boards for all you techies out there. There is a red jumper wire soldered to the back of the pins on my new unit that goes from A2 (power ground) to Elevator ground pin. There are also some changes inside. The top is made of metal and has raised areas that have paste and touch the bits that heat up like a heat sink. Im not sure what the other changes mean but I figured you might want to compare. Enjoy and comment on what you see.
from what I see with clear eye, is that the only difference is the casing, which provides better heat dissipation and no audio modem which we saw in previous versions too.
schumixmd is offline Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New multirotor motors line.