HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2013, 07:30 PM
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Sep 2004
14 Posts
Discussion
The Bloody Gremlin...

Hi guys,

After building Flite Test's Bloody Wonder I had the idea to make a Gremlin using the same build techniques. So props to the guys at Flite Test cooking up the Bloody Wonder and Bloody Mick for his designs.

A few years ago I had built a combat Gremlin and really enjoyed flying it but it met it's end like any good combat plane, a big midair with a SPAD. So now I seem to be flying more electrics now that my son is flying he Gremlin was something I wanted to fly again but I wanted it to be electric. So this is what I came with. It fly's ok it's just really "pitchy" so I'm guessing balance and thrust issues.

Here are the plans I made from the Bloody Wonder PDF's to reflect the Bloody Gremlin. Again they were originally Bloody Wonder plans from Flite Test, all I did is change some lines to create the Bloody Gremlin.

Unfortunately I did not a ton of time to fly the past few weeks because of work but I wanted to get some of these bugs worked out. So please hit the dollar store and get a couple sheets of foam and build one and see if we make make this a fun ride

Here's the link for the Flite Test forum post:
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...Combat-Gremlin

Planes download (If this does not work please let me know)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwPz...it?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwPz...it?usp=sharing
Todd L is offline Find More Posts by Todd L
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2013, 09:06 PM
USA, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Apr 2007
1,466 Posts
looks good. like flight report.
Thrawn150 is offline Find More Posts by Thrawn150
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ElectriStar and me
Old Aug 11, 2013, 02:54 AM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
Hey, what if you tried installing the power pod like that on the new FT Versa Wing? That'd be so cool, then you could easily switch between front or rear engined just by fliping the pod around, of course you'll have to flip the prop too.
F22ARaptor is offline Find More Posts by F22ARaptor
Old Aug 14, 2013, 09:08 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,611 Posts
The links don't work, the truncated link puts ... in the middle of the link. If you highlight a piece of text ( like Link) and then click on the globe icon with the figure 8/chainlink image on it, then paste in your link. Will give a valid clickable link that doesn't get the middle cut out of it.

I downloaded your plans from your Flite Test thread and couldn't get the plans to print out with the standard Bloody Wonder 28" wingspan. You may need to upload a copy that has the scale defined differently, actual size is coming out at like 33" x 46" on a plotter.
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:50 PM
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Sep 2004
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
The links don't work, the truncated link puts ... in the middle of the link. If you highlight a piece of text ( like Link) and then click on the globe icon with the figure 8/chainlink image on it, then paste in your link. Will give a valid clickable link that doesn't get the middle cut out of it.

I downloaded your plans from your Flite Test thread and couldn't get the plans to print out with the standard Bloody Wonder 28" wingspan. You may need to upload a copy that has the scale defined differently, actual size is coming out at like 33" x 46" on a plotter.

Good to know.. this is the first I've gotten feedback.. I did not even know if the links worked or if the files worked.. I'll see what i can do.

Thanks!!
Todd L is offline Find More Posts by Todd L
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:50 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,611 Posts
Appreciate it, I and some of my club members are interested in this plane. I've built a few Wonders so I'm sure I could make the tweaks myself, but getting a clean plan would be simpler.
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Aug 29, 2013, 01:34 AM
Joined Aug 2013
6 Posts
Hey, imagine a scenario where you tried to commission the force unit like that on the new FT Versa Wing. That'd be so cool, then you could effectively switch between front or back engines just by flipping the case around, obviously you'll need to flip the prop as well.

steel fabricators Rockhampton
Danny_Harris is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Harris