SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:16 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,064 Posts
had a GREAT day of flying in back yard....8 friends with there VISIONAIRE S showed up.......one friend has a BOJANGLS franchise ,,so he brought chicken WINGS,,, the other friend has a HOOOTERS resturaunt ,guess WHO he brought to serve us chicken wings. I was going to post pics. of this event ,,,wings HOOTER GIRLS and visions of ----i mean visionaire.....BUT this thred would get way off topic of our lovely ---err planes,,,,did i mention we used up all of my EXTRA batteries......................
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:23 PM
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
126 Posts
Yes, setting the gain to 0 turns AS3X "off".

-100% and +100% are opposite directions. It's like adjusting a mix in your transmitter.

Example:
You move the rudder stick and the rudder moves in the correct direction.
You have +70 gain on the rudder. When you pick the airplane up and turn it, the rudder moves in the wrong direction.
You'd change the gain to -70 to make the rudder move in the correct direction.

Same with a rudder mix, if +20% moves the rudder to the right, -20% would move it to the left.
ram008 is offline Find More Posts by ram008
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:58 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,207 Posts
Ah, good point, that must be it.

Edit: Has anybody tried the aircraft with bigger capacity 3S cells like 2600 or even 3300? They would give a longer duration but I am unclear how badly, if at all, the CG would be affected.
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Last edited by GoAround; Jan 31, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:58 PM
Road Scholar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Actually, -100% to +100% but I don't understand what can be negative about it - does that setting make it harder to fly than with no AS3X?
This sentence made me laugh aloud. Yes, -100% makes the airplane do periodic uncommanded blenders, and also rolls the plane inverted just before each landing.

JJ
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:33 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Buster View Post
The last time I ordered a plane from HK, they charged me $53.00 freight just for an ARF.

Where the problem comes in with HK is when there is a shipping error or damage.. Have you ever seen the HK complaint list with buyers trying to get them to make something right?

What about replacement parts??
Just one of my personal horror stories here (link). If it's too long to read it all, just look at the time from 'problem received' until 'resolution in place' -- ten months.

"T-45 Goshawk.... wings and flight surfaces: All torn and crushed."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1590889
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:58 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jan 2003
161 Posts
Any word on when a base BNF version (without battery/charger) will be available, and for how much?

Thanks!
Chuck in Indy
indyrcpilot is offline Find More Posts by indyrcpilot
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:10 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Huh.

I beg your pardon as I was not payin; real close attention. What was the principal that was at stake here?

Did HH do something to your cornflakes?

PS: I did go back and read your replies just now, in order to refresh myself with whatever beef it is you have. So.... your bone to pick seems to be that they build too good component level parts, and too good an airframe, then integrate it all too well, and make it work and play together as well in comparison as Apple does their electronic products... and so you are somehow afraid this wealth of competence and value will somehow lead to a 'closed architecture' in some yet to be released product. Did I restate that all just about right? That is why you refuse on principal to buy the plane that is available today, that you are telling us that you actually wish to purchase?
Sounds like you need to read them again.
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:55 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrcpilot View Post
Any word on when a base BNF version (without battery/charger) will be available, and for how much?

Thanks!
Chuck in Indy
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:05 AM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Huh.

I beg your pardon as I was not payin; real close attention. What was the principal that was at stake here?

Did HH do something to your cornflakes?

PS: I did go back and read your replies just now, in order to refresh myself with whatever beef it is you have. So.... your bone to pick seems to be that they build too good component level parts, and too good an airframe, then integrate it all too well, and make it work and play together as well in comparison as Apple does their electronic products... and so you are somehow afraid this wealth of competence and value will somehow lead to a 'closed architecture' in some yet to be released product. Did I restate that all just about right? That is why you refuse on principal to buy the plane that is available today, that you are telling us that you actually wish to purchase?
OMG a company in the USA with a wealth of competence and value distributing product that practically flies out of the box and employs AMERICANS??? Who wants that?? I am stripping my electronic components out as I type this, sending em to Goodwill, gonna order a bunch of "Orange" from the other side of the planet, wait about 12 weeks, pay about 90 dollars in shipping force fit them in and start praying it dont crash !!!!!!

YIPPEE do I have it all about right ????
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Last edited by windrnone; Feb 01, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:10 AM
lownslow
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.
Yep, they have to track and maintain another PN with very little if anything to gain......aint gonna happen
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:31 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
Yep, they have to track and maintain another PN with very little if anything to gain......aint gonna happen
Well, they are doing it for a lot of other planes - most ParkZone planes comes in BnF and PNP, why should the Visionaire be an exeption?
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:34 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
Sounds like you need to read them again.
How about if we just agree to disagree?

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:39 AM
lownslow
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWE View Post
Well, they are doing it for a lot of other planes - most ParkZone planes comes in BnF and PNP, why should the Visionaire be an exeption?
He said BNF (w/o battery and charger) you are saying PNP (w/o Rx, batt and charger)..................
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:42 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Well, in HorizonHobby terms that is a BnF (Basic) and they do those as well...
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:53 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,207 Posts
I see no chance of a PNP as the AR635 is (presumably) an integral part of the package. I needed another battery and don't mind getting another backup field charger but I can imagine many folks would be happy saving some cash and getting a BNF Basic.
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround