HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
Dublin, CA
Joined Dec 2002
75 Posts
Discussion
T-REx 450 Sport tail wag

I have recently replaced the swash plate on my T-Rex 450 sport. I am experiencing a severe tail wag of about 10 degrees either side, about 2 per sec. The tail servo is the stock Align digital tail unit that came with it.

The TX is a Spektrum DX6i. I have tried adjusting the gyro gain up and down (it's now at 70), but no help. If I reduce the gain below about 60, I get almost no tail response at all.

I have checked for slop or binding in the tail rotor. Looks fine. I have checked the belt and the belt tension. The belt is fresh, tension is okay.

The gyro is attached with foam servo tape and seems securely fastened. I haven't fiddled with any of the gyro hardware setting.

The heli used to fly fine (at least no tail wag). I can't imagine that the new swash plate (stock Align replacement) would be causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Joe Parsons
jmparsons is offline Find More Posts by jmparsons
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:00 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I have the same helicopter. When you changed the swash plate did you make any ajustments to the feathering shaft, flybar, blade pitch linkages?

Does the shaking start the moment you lift off? Or does it take a few seconds?

Just out of curiosity why did you replace the swash plate?

I had the exact same problem and it ended up being caused by a combination of my feathering shaft being too loose and the linkage ball on my blade holder had worked its way loose. But I went through the whole gambit trying to find it.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Last edited by RFDelie; Nov 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM.