HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined May 2010
1,766 Posts
Careful!
Done w/Tam Jets, Call/Email for Stock Deals

Please call us or email us for remaining Tam Jets Stock. We can promise very good deals.

In Stock:
http://www.espritmodel.com/search.aspx?find=tam+jets

Unfortunately looks like we are completely done with Tam Jets. After tons of failed attempts to communicate, sending emails, making phone calls, sending text and PMs; we simply failed. Pretty much it’s settled; he is not even remotely interested talking to us, forget about doing any business.

The most troubling part is that we sent him 3x Neu 1915 motors and 3x CC120HV ESCs for TJ120 fans we needed for our local university. After 3 months we look like as……, deal is off and parts never made it back. On the top of it he did not even return warranty repairs and we are forced to pay customers back from our own pocket.

Here is the deal; whoever needs TJ120 PNP fan and can visit and get it from Tam. Keep ESC, all we need is to be paid for 1915 motor, the ESC will be our gift for your problems. I rather give it to somebody who deserves it than just let it go and have him keep the money.

Zb/Esprit Model

Here is another sad example of his irresponsibility. This shows us that he exists.

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:10:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Enquiry from Tam Jets R/C Model, Inc.
If you bought the fan through EM..
Please contact EM for any warranty.

Tam
www.tamjets.com

Hi,

I'm from Brazil and recently I bought a Habu 32 witht Tam Jet TJ80W with Neu Motor at Espritmodels site. I'm a traditional EM costumer.
I made a good construction and I kept the original turbine mounting.

I did the first five flights without problems. In the sixth flight, after reducing the
turbine power, I heard a strange noise and the immediate loss of power. Fortunately, I managed to make the landing safely with only a small scratch in
one wing and one at the cone.

Already on the ground I could see the possible cause of the strange noise. I noticed that the lock on the fan motor had come
loose (see atached photos and Youtube link video above). The yoke was misaligned, shovels craped the pipe
and suffered minor damage on the tips. In fact, the whole system was out of the engine. Some latch at the rear broke off. This compromised the reliability of the system.

I wonder what is possible to exchange or fully recover the turbine. Is there a TAM Jet guarantee?
Can I send the turbine for replacement or repairs? How can I fix this?

Thank You

Youtube Link:
20120918_164232.mp4 (0 min 31 sec)
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Sep 26, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2011
104 Posts
Following.

did someone forget to pay their bills?
Super Matt is offline Find More Posts by Super Matt
Last edited by Super Matt; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:59 PM
My Lipo is Bigger than Yours!
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:23 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,723 Posts
TAMJETS = unkept promises

I wasted a year + waiting on empty promises of TJ Dynamax hubs, I emailed regularly asking when I could re-order, always an excuse, "no stock" or "the stock that came in not good enough" then it was "I only have enough for my own stock right now". Funny that when I sent customers to buy a hub direct they had no trouble getting one

ISSUES
1.I have 2 spinner caps and one hub, He owes me a replacement hub that was sent in to him.
2.He lied about the hub parts not interchanging, old and new all fit with exactly the same tolerances, see my photos for the parts I have left now.
3.He never honoured his public statement that he would reimburse me shipping costs due to the stuffups and timewasted.

The photos show the replacement hub, it now has 3 set screws instead of 4, Do we trust this to run at 7Kw? There are rough spots on the hub he sent me, not a structural issue but not indicative of a $95 part.

The spinner cap photos show how he has cut down the machining process to save cost, no more undercut caps to reduce the rotating mass, cap is now 15g heavier yet hubs went from $65 to $95.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Sep 28, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:29 PM
Coldwater, Mi. USA
Joined Jul 2000
839 Posts
I've had great transactions with TamJets, excellent products, quick communications

There are always two versions to every story, we might not hear about the other side of the story, but sometimes people take the high road... .. so to speak.

kinda flashy ZB

-DG
Dave Grife is offline Find More Posts by Dave Grife
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:03 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
keep in mind guys there is always two sides to the story and like Dave said Tam will take the high road on this

I will make two observations....with esprit the customer bought products from you so that makes you first in line for warranty issues.....you take care of your customer instead of sending the customer straight to Tam.....it shouldnt work that way. you take care of your customer and work out possible warranty with your mnfg (Tamjets)on the back side

with regaurds to marks hubs lol!!!! hold on I cant stop laughing ok ok so you found the spinners lol!!!!! I guess when you send the rest of the hub in for warranty maybe you might get it
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Last edited by jcdfrd; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
So your saying tam should be flogged cause he didn't offer warranty service on motors that he didn't sell the customer, but you sold them?

And mark seems you found the spinners after all that you told him you didn't have? I'm guessing you had the, long enough to copy them at least!

I think the bigger lesson here is buy direct, cause indeed tam or any company on the planet I know of, won't service something they didn't sell you direct. I think that's why even cars will have dealer service items and then factory recall items. Ya can't collect your percentage of the company for free ya know.

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:18 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,723 Posts
TJ employee coming in and making smart a.. comments looks really proffesional...

My post says it all, there was never any need to send the spinner caps back as I originally figured. Why would I send back another superior spinner only to get an inferior one, when its not even needed for replacing the hub????

TJ owes me a Hub, and reimbursement of shipping as promised on public forum, if he had kept his word I would have no reason to say anything. He ignores emails so this is the only way.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkamarm2000 View Post
And mark seems you found the spinners after all that you told him you didn't have? I'm guessing you had the, long enough to copy them at least!
Barry
Who are you?? I dont know you, and you dont know me, I never told him anything of the sort, I told him I had put all this stuff in storage and at the time only found one spinner, fact is I knew what was going on with the hub fiasco...

As for your second ignorant statement, I dont copy things, and I have no intention of copying his or anyone elses hub, do you see dynamax hubs or rotors on my site? If I had wanted to do that I would have done it 18 months ago when his BS started.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:30 PM View Post
Super Matt
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:13 PM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,552 Posts
There is a reason for 3 set screws instead of 4. It is the same reason why you don't want 2 set screws 180 apart from each other. I'm also very sure that Tam fully addressed his increased costs with his old machine shop where the Dynamax hubs were made and how they increased prices so he changed the design of the spinner to help offset his increased price. I've never had a single problem with any orders from Tam.
SteveC68 is offline Find More Posts by SteveC68
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
891 Posts
I'm a big fan of Tam's products but let's be honest, we all know he isn't the best at running a consumer based business. He disappears for weeks at a time leaving customers hanging until he decides to come back. I've also read way too many rants from Tam on this forum when he decides to tear into on of his competitors.

I just like for people to sell quality products and provide superior customer service. Tam definitely has quality products but he has some work to do when it comes to customer service. I've recommended in the past that he hire some permanent staff that can handle some of the critical aspects of the business. I've done quite a bit of business with Esprit over the past couple of years and all I can say is that they have one of the best run businesses in the industry.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:32 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,472 Posts
As a Tam Jet costumer I can not complain . Service and shipping is always fast. A+
bidule is online now Find More Posts by bidule
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:00 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,307 Posts

let me grab my 3D glasses
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:09 AM
Team Horizon/ BVM jets
Joined Apr 2006
797 Posts