SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Sep 2012
54 Posts
Discussion
Any R/C Nitro Boaters in Spokane area?

HI I just joined the group and I recently became interested again in R/C Nitro Hydros and tunnel Hull boats. I retired and moved from San Diego CA to Spokane Washington State. Just getting back into it. Would like to associate with others with same interests and find a good legal location to run these boats?
I am searching for a small 8ft row boat to recover dead boats before I really get going again. Been using a Kayak but not stable enough for an old man. Taken a couple dips already. Anyway is there others in my location with similar interest?
Lots of lakes but which one?
hodakaron is offline Find More Posts by hodakaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:52 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,940 Posts
Check with www.namba.com as there are several clubs in the area. There is a Lake Waughop where a lot of boaters run at. OB tunnel boat guru Jerry Dunlap lives in the area so he'd be one to hook up with.
Better link: http://www.namba.com/content/showdis...t=8&Contact=21
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:58 AM
Tombsy
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2009
146 Posts
Or if you head up to the great white north, namba16.ca races in Calgary/Edmonton. Al Hobbs usually makes our races from Montana but it's a few hours longer drive for you.
I think your looking at about 5 hours to Waughop Lake and about 8 hours to Calgary.
But if you are ever up this way look us up.
Pescador is online now Find More Posts by Pescador
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Sep 2012
54 Posts
R/C nitro boats Spkokane area

A couple of nice reply's but what about locally ? Need to just have some fun and do some testing and tuning, any lakes locally around Spokane valley? I even bought a little 8 foot skiff and 3 HSP motor to recover dead boats. Anyone else in the local area of East Spokane who knows of a small lake or pond which would be allowable to run The R/C nitro boats. Ron L
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:42 PM
Joined Sep 2012
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodakaron View Post
A couple of nice reply's but what about locally ? Need to just have some fun and do some testing and tuning, any lakes locally around Spokane valley? I even bought a little 8 foot skiff and 3 HSP motor to recover dead boats. Anyone else in the local area of East Spokane who knows of a small lake or pond which would be allowable to run The R/C nitro boats. Ron L
ARE You Kidding Me? No responses concerning the running and operation of R/C Nitro boats in Spokane area? Lakes in every direction and no info. You have got to be kidding me.....
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodakaron View Post
ARE You Kidding Me? No responses concerning the running and operation of R/C Nitro boats in Spokane area? Lakes in every direction and no info. You have got to be kidding me.....
Why should I drive my BUTT off just to run a little R?C Boat?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:51 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,823 Posts
Seems to be some echo here
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
Old May 11, 2013, 12:50 PM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Dec 2012
27 Posts
I live in the Spokane area and run a few electrics. I'm looking to get into nitro/gas boats. I have been running at lake liberty but I'm looking for places closer and thinking about starting a RC Club if i can get enough people.
mudboggin3 is offline Find More Posts by mudboggin3
Old Sep 04, 2013, 01:38 PM
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
re: Any R/C Nitro Boaters in Spokane area?

I live in the Spokane area too. I have been involved with RC Boats for years...Just bought my first Hydro. I would love to help start a club or get involved with one.
mhillman72 is offline Find More Posts by mhillman72
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:45 AM
A.K.A. Superjet112x
United States, WA, Richland
Joined Apr 2011
65 Posts
There is a few of us in the tri citis, we run outboard tunnels and a few FEs
Assasin 1 is offline Find More Posts by Assasin 1