to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:51 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Yes, it's available in the US (as at RCFoam), but is expensive. A good (but slower) alternative is Bacon's Foam-Tac (also available at RCFoam).

Many years ago, I ordered 20 tubes of UHU Por through eBay from England at a great price (about $3 per tube). Still some good deals on eBay.

There's good info here, including some HobbyKing alternatives (haven't tried those - yet).

Gene K
I can buy UHU por from the distributor here in the UK so could sell it on the web site too. It would probably be priced at 2.50. Best to ship in the bag with the kits.

Anyone go for that?
deadbird is offline Find More Posts by deadbird
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:02 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
Where or when can we see some flying?
Hi Lord Chris!

After this initial 'launch' phase is over I was going to consider two approaches in the UK. One is attending some of the shows and events with the kits and the other was to arrange to visit clubs on indoor fly ins to introduce the product.

Is that the sort of thing you could see working?

I also intend to keep videoing and posting up to the Microaces Youtube Channel
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:55 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird View Post
[UHU Por] would probably be priced at 2.50. Best to ship in the bag with the kits.
That's a good price (~$4.00 US), especially if the flat shipping rate would absorb the shipping cost.

Again - REALLY professional web site!

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:26 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,783 Posts
That's a REALLY good price for those of us in the rest of the world - even if we have to pay a bit extra in shipping.

Suggest you add to the web site as a separate item with an indication of the economical break for quantity at the lowest shipping cost you can arrange.

Wish I had thought of this before I ordered my kits.

I love UHU Por for EPO and EPP.

PS: Did you know you can thin it with Zippo/Ronson lighter fluid (Naphtha) and use it to attach mylar to carbon fibre spars. I use it to repair Plantraco Carbon Butterflies, Vapors and the like.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
That's a good price (~$4.00 US), especially if the flat shipping rate would absorb the shipping cost.

Again - REALLY professional web site!

Gene K
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:02 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
OK, I'll get some in. Sorry about that jj. Focusing too much on the kits and not enough on the 'add ons'. When I have stock I can find out how much it would be to send a few packs out to Oz on their own.

One of the tools I have found extremely useful in handling the sticker parts of the kit is a pair of tweezers. Would this also be a potential add-on or does everyone have a pair of them?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:15 AM
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
424 Posts
I've got mine!

Mine pitched up unexpectedly this morning, thanks Jon.

All I can say is WOW! I was not expecting this to be such a professionally packaged and produced kit. When I ordered it I was imagining a lot of work and a slightly enthusiastic amateur approach to it but no way!

From the brief look I've had at the clear manual to the quality of the components themselves I am blown away! These models look awesome, if the build and fly as well as they look I can see me collecting them all! I even got a free gift. Thanks Jon!

I can see these being very popular and having threads speculating on the next model, (Lysander, cough) just like Parkzone and FMS.

I have taken some unboxing pictures that I'll start a new thread for later and I'll take some more as I build it.

Congratulations Jon and I wish you every success.

Chris (very satisfied so far!)
chris jones is offline Find More Posts by chris jones
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:06 AM
Spotsylvania, VA
Joined Nov 2005
94 Posts
Jon

I been trying to order and it keeps telling me my address doesn't match. I'm using paypal. Is the Paypal down?

You've done an awesome job on these little planes. I wish you great success.

Marty
mmmdowning is offline Find More Posts by mmmdowning
Last edited by mmmdowning; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:12 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Hi Marty, there is a little problem we are trying to iron out at the moment. Some US addresses arent being recognised by Paypal when they are sent from the Microaces website.

My developer is on the case with Paypal to try and sort it out - as its way beyond my capabilities but in the meantime if you send me a PM with what you want to order and your email address I can ping you a payment request and put the order on manually.

Jon
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:20 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jones View Post
Mine pitched up unexpectedly this morning, thanks Jon.

All I can say is WOW! I was not expecting this to be such a professionally packaged and produced kit. When I ordered it I was imagining a lot of work and a slightly enthusiastic amateur approach to it but no way!

From the brief look I've had at the clear manual to the quality of the components themselves I am blown away! These models look awesome, if the build and fly as well as they look I can see me collecting them all! I even got a free gift. Thanks Jon!

I can see these being very popular and having threads speculating on the next model, (Lysander, cough) just like Parkzone and FMS.

I have taken some unboxing pictures that I'll start a new thread for later and I'll take some more as I build it.

Congratulations Jon and I wish you every success.

Chris (very satisfied so far!)
Thanks Chris, sent you a PM with some hints & tips if you decide to go for it this weekend!

What is it about the Lizzie. She's ugly as sin for an aeroplane but I too am a big fan. Saying that I'll make no secret about the next two kits that Microaces will release if we can sell a few of these current kits; the Mk1a BoB spitfire and the Bf109E from the same era.

Jon
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:25 AM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
359 Posts
My FW190 arrived today as well

As Chris has said already, WOW, very professional presentation in a purpose made box with all the small bits packed in a cut out foam sheet.

Looking forward to start the build.

Kev
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:11 PM
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
424 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Chris, sent you a PM with some hints & tips if you decide to go for it this weekend!

What is it about the Lizzie. She's ugly as sin for an aeroplane but I too am a big fan. Saying that I'll make no secret about the next two kits that Microaces will release if we can sell a few of these current kits; the Mk1a BoB spitfire and the Bf109E from the same era.

Jon
Excellent thank you.

You can put me down for a Spitfire too then!
chris jones is offline Find More Posts by chris jones
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
784 Posts
Quote:
Hi Lord Chris!

After this initial 'launch' phase is over I was going to consider two approaches in the UK. One is attending some of the shows and events with the kits and the other was to arrange to visit clubs on indoor fly ins to introduce the product.

Is that the sort of thing you could see working?

I also intend to keep videoing and posting up to the Microaces Youtube Channel
Very nice videos!
I think you have a good plan for getting your product out there. showing 1 or 2 flying at some of the indoor events would really help get the word out there. Are we likely to see some British aces in the collection ?
The site has a very "squadron leader" feel to it, which is a good thing.
All the best with the business, I am sure you will be seeing an order from me soon!
ps. a nice Hawker Tempest or P47 would be a treat!
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:32 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
Very nice videos!
I think you have a good plan for getting your product out there. showing 1 or 2 flying at some of the indoor events would really help get the word out there. Are we likely to see some British aces in the collection ?
The site has a very "squadron leader" feel to it, which is a good thing.
All the best with the business, I am sure you will be seeing an order from me soon!
ps. a nice Hawker Tempest or P47 would be a treat!
Coincidentally, after your post lord chris, I was contacted last week by Christchurch & District MFC, a club only half an hour or so from me. I'll be going along to their next indoor meet in October. I was also contacted by the Weak Signals club in the US with an invite to the Toledo Show 'RC Expo' next April. A little further but worth considering I think!

You will be pleased to hear the next aircraft on my list and already well under way, could not be more British if you tried! The Spitfire Mk1a, and the pilot; the highest scoring British pilot of the Battle of Britain, Eric Lock.

You can imagine that there are a thousand and one aircraft I would love to model (my personal favourite is the Westland Whirlwind, twin engined heaven!) but I think after the Spit and Bf109 we'll have a 'single engined' aircraft poll on RC Groups and whichever comes top will DEFINATELY be put into production.
Jon
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,351 Posts
Jon,
I think you should do something completely out of the box...

Like a DO-335!
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast