HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by sotog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 03:37 PM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
For Sale
Multiplex Easy Star / Sky Surfer / Bixler Adjustable Aluminum Motor Mount

This CNC machined aluminum two piece mount is designed to adapt a large range of outrunner motors to the Multiplex Easy Star. It will allow for three different motor mounting heights to accommodate propeller sizes ranging from 6" to 8".

With this feature you can easily run a lower KV motor with a larger propeller for more thrust and better efficiency. This would be a perfect combination for FPV pilots looking for longer flight times and a more quite platform.

Swapping motors from a 35mm outrunner with an 8" prop to a 28mm outrunner with a 6" prop can easily be done by removing a few screws. This is ideal for those looking to achieve the best performance possible.
Position 1: stock height up to a 6" prop.
Position 2: (+) 0.41" for up to a 7" prop.
Position 3: (+) 1.0" for up to an 8" prop.
Compatible Motors:
28mm Outrunner
35mm Outrunner
Acceptable bolt patterns (mm): 16x16, 16x19, 19x19, 19x25, 25x25

Due to the large variety of compatible motors, please verify motor size and KV will suite flying style. Contact me for any questions regarding motor compatibility

Three step installation:
1. Glue motor base tube into the fuselage (nacelle) making sure mounting flange is square.
2. Attach new motor to motor plate with supplied flat head screws.
3. Attach motor plate to motor tube at desired height with suppled pan head screws.
These are manufactured by Small Parts CNC. Please visit my website for more rc products.
Included: 1 - Motor Base Tube and Motor Plate, 4 motor screws and 4 mount screws.. Weight: 20g
Notes: A 35mm outrunner motor will only fit in Position 3 (+ 1.0"). 28mm outrunners will work in any of the three positions. The stock thrust angles are retained in all 3 positions. If a change in thrust angle is desired, simply add a small washer between the motor base and motor plate at the appropriate locations.

Price is $15.95 ea. with a fixed shipping of $2.00 in the US and $4.00 International. Send me a PM if you are interested or have any other questions.

Thanks for looking!

Terry
sotog is offline Find More Posts by sotog
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:13 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Jun 2000
5,597 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Like it!! Can you make one with a flat plate for the mount instead of the tube?

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
Thanks! Just curious what your thoughts were on the flat plate vs the tube.

Terry
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:06 PM
mike
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2009
289 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotog View Post
Thanks! Just curious what your thoughts were on the flat plate vs the tube.

Terry
i think you need the tube to have something to glue in?

mike
rc-dude is offline Find More Posts by rc-dude
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
Yes, the tube would be the easiest method for attachment to the nacelle.

The reason I was asking what bhchan had in mind with a flat plate was because I thought he might want to install the motor on the inside of the nacelle and avoid the tube taking up space.

If this is the case, I am running my 'inrunner' tubes today which should be available for sale in the next couple of days. With the inrunner tube, you would need to remove the 3 ribs inside the nacelle, and then glue the tube in. The I.D. of the tube will allow you to run any of the 28mm inrunner or outrunner motors inside the tube using the same motor plate.

Anyway, I'll be posting up the details as soon as I have the new tubes finished.

Terry
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:34 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Jun 2000
5,597 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Terry,

I plan to use it on other pusher plane, like the FPV168 from HK or the skywalker, which has a flat spot for mounting the out runner onto it. If I mount the flat plate with the matching screw holes, I can do the same as the original design and put a larger diameter prop on. It is a great design with the tube but only work for single application.

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
I see what you are looking for. This is a great idea.

To keep things simple, I could come up with the exact same shape as the flange on the tube, but make it a solid flat piece that would be .125" thick to accommodate the 4 tapped holes (same thickness as the flange). I could then machine a small slot in the flat plate for the motor shaft at the different heights for those style motors that need it.

This is something I can definitely do with minimal new design and setup time since it would be using the same work holding I already have.

I'll put a drawing together and see what you think. I'll send you a PM so we can continue this conversation.

Thanks,

Terry
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread