SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:25 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2008
374 Posts
The recommended USBASP arrived a few days ago It works perfectly - feels good to know it was just my usbtiny giving trouble not my soldering

Anyone using the call sign feature?

Callelj, I'm still wrapping my head around the code but I'm thinking about trying to remove the divider on the 2nd voltage port so I can use a current sensor with my e-osd (no rssi on my rx anyway). I am also going to attempt to bring out the serial tx/rx and the other ADC pin but don't really have a use for them at the moment.

I'm gonna send some beer $$ your way!
charlienofun is offline Find More Posts by charlienofun
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:57 AM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,520 Posts
Guys,

If anyone is looking for a E-OSD or G-OSD converted to CL-OSD, i now have 4 units in hand (all new- long story) and can sell them for a fair price.

i dont want to hijack the thread so please PM for details but i can definitely flash anything you want on them befoer selling them so here is your chance of buying pre-made CL-OSD units
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:23 AM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
986 Posts
I think SENSOR_CURRENT_MAX_AMPS is defined 2 times. I realize that only 1 should really be used at a time, but I accidentally had both in there and got an error. It would be better to have the names slightly different.
yzguy is online now Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:32 AM
CL-OSD developer
Sverige, Östergötlands Län, Linköping
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetoK View Post
Hello callelj and everybody

finally I find the solution :-)
now I can prove that:
YES - CL-OSD can work with 520TVL camera
YES - CL-OSD can work with KX-1 camera )

callelj thank you for the quesses they bring me to the solution.
I've placed electrolytic 470uF capacitor between camera and G-OSD and YES :-) it works :-)

Please look at the wiring diagram:
Aha, seems as if your camera has a dc offset on the video signal. But do you really need such a big cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlienofun View Post
The recommended USBASP arrived a few days ago It works perfectly - feels good to know it was just my usbtiny giving trouble not my soldering

Anyone using the call sign feature?

Callelj, I'm still wrapping my head around the code but I'm thinking about trying to remove the divider on the 2nd voltage port so I can use a current sensor with my e-osd (no rssi on my rx anyway). I am also going to attempt to bring out the serial tx/rx and the other ADC pin but don't really have a use for them at the moment.

I'm gonna send some beer $$ your way!
Thanks! Great that it worked. I wonder why some programmers don't work though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy View Post
I think SENSOR_CURRENT_MAX_AMPS is defined 2 times. I realize that only 1 should really be used at a time, but I accidentally had both in there and got an error. It would be better to have the names slightly different.
Yes, I saw that as well. Forgot to commit it. Will try to commit it soon.
callelj is offline Find More Posts by callelj
Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:08 PM
Jedi Master
Joined Jan 2012
31 Posts
Got a HK g-osd II, but I don't get any GPS corridantes on the display, I get two voltages, stopwatch, and speed indicator. Is there some trick to get the GPS to work or is the one I got defective?
LukeSkywalker is offline Find More Posts by LukeSkywalker
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:18 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
986 Posts
Not sure about the way it works stock, but you may have to wait for the gps to get a good signal.

Anyone know good ways to shrink the output a bit? After adding the current sensor stuff, now I can't burn the code to the OSD. I did find out that using metric makes the code smaller than English. I also started removing some of the features I considered less important, but still can't get it burned. Getting:
avrdude.exe: ERROR: address 0x2010 out of range at line 513 of cl-osd.hex
(I assume this is because the file is too big...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
if it is possible to run both G-OSD and E-OSD on the same circuit I will modify later E-OSD code so that it reports current sensor and something else(you decide... free voltage input on there) and displays it so that the text does not interfere with G-OSD text

i have current sensor and an accelerometer. maybe report current and angle of attack or something.
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
wow, will follow this thread, look like fun
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:53 PM
Jedi Master
Joined Jan 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy View Post
Not sure about the way it works stock, but you may have to wait for the gps to get a good signal.
Yeah, left it sitting on the dash board of my car for about 45 min and nothing. I'm only getting the bottom half of the stock display, not the rows on the top with GPS coordinates, time, RSSI, altitude, etc.

No point in trying to flash it if it doesn't work to begin with.
LukeSkywalker is offline Find More Posts by LukeSkywalker
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:53 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
986 Posts
I tried to get the stock code, compile it, and burn it, and I am still getting errors, any ideas?

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Mark\GOSDNew>cd C:\Documents and Setting
s\Owner\Desktop\Mark\G-OSD\G-OSD

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Mark\G-OSD\G-OSD>rem avrdude.exe -p m88
-c usbasp -U flash:w:"cl-osd.hex":a -U eeprom:w:"cl-osd.eep":a

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Mark\G-OSD\G-OSD>avrdude.exe -p m88 -c u
sbasp -U flash:w:"cl-osd.hex" -U eeprom:w:"cl-osd.eep" -F

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware up
date.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e930f
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATMEGA88 is 1E 93 0A
avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be perfo
rmed
To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware up
date.
avrdude.exe: reading input file "cl-osd.hex"
avrdude.exe: input file cl-osd.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: ERROR: address 0x2010 out of range at line 513 of cl-osd.hex
avrdude.exe: write to file 'cl-osd.hex' failed

avrdude.exe: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Mark\G-OSD\G-OSD>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:22 PM
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by callelj View Post
Aha, seems as if your camera has a dc offset on the video signal. But do you really need such a big cap?
I'm not sure, but same value I use with my Video TX module, and I have couple of them at home so I use it.
PetoK is offline Find More Posts by PetoK
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:05 PM
CL-OSD developer
Sverige, Östergötlands Län, Linköping
Joined Apr 2011
279 Posts
LukeSkywalker: If I don't remember wrong the key on the g-osd changes some stuff on the screen. Have you tried pressing it?

PetoK: Nice current sensor! But it sounds like you hex might be too big. If you could send your code to me I could have a look if I can shrink it. No promise though...
callelj is offline Find More Posts by callelj
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:40 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
hes probably using floating point. always divide by integers
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:03 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by callelj View Post
PetoK: Nice current sensor! But it sounds like you hex might be too big. If you could send your code to me I could have a look if I can shrink it. No promise though...
I assume you meant me. Now I tried to pull the code from the most recent release, and compiled and tried to burn with the same error. I tried with my new GOSD II and my old GOSD, both of which I have successfully burned to before.

I also tried to burn a version that I think I burned before, but not sure, that failed too. I did not think anything else had changed locally on my pc, but I am thinking the issue is on my pc, but not sure what it could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
hes probably using floating point. always divide by integers
if you are talking about me. No I'm not. I even tried code straight from the most recent release with no changes.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by yzguy; Jan 29, 2012 at 09:18 PM.