SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:49 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reznikvova View Post
Hi Spookie,

What is your order number? It seems you have a bad barometer on the graph board (altitude reading wrong) I will send a new graph board.
As I remember, I use the GPS to find the altitude. But could the barometer still be bad then ?
SpookiePower is online now Find More Posts by SpookiePower
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:51 AM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
Congrats on you flights. Now as you begin to understand the RVOSD more you will truely enjoy it.

Inreference to the baro, the temp looks normal, my baro showed -235f...
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:52 AM
Miami
Joined Dec 2001
1,641 Posts
Ah, I see.
Baro sensor should be OK then. The problem is the graph board or the GPS sensor.
I will ask Alex about it.
reznikvova is offline Find More Posts by reznikvova
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined Jun 2009
615 Posts
Quote:
No, I think the blinking failsafe is just a setup issue.

Have you connected both throttle and aux channels to the RVOSD? and you are using Throttle Failsafe detect point to trigger the autopilot/failsafe on RVOSD?
I have connected the ECS (throttle) to the OSD board. The aux channel, I have setup in the setting. I'm using PPM. About the Throttle Failsafe detect point. I'll have to check later today, but I'm pretty sure that I have set it to trigger the failsafe, because I'm flying non-fpv, until I get my videospiltter, so that I can use both the goggles and record at the same time.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2009
615 Posts
Quote:
Ah, I see.
Baro sensor should be OK then. The problem is the graph board or the GPS sensor.
I will ask Alex about it.
I have used one layer of painter tape to hold the gps to the plane. Could this one layer be enough to prevent the gps to work correctly? It also seems that the gps loose connection a few times during the second flight.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:12 AM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
I just use a dab of hot glue. Glue guns are less than $10, pick one up.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems, mine are all under foam and fibertape. All of my GPS connectors are "re-enforced" with a dab of shoe goo.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:37 AM
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
edit - nm, got answered by email
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3
Last edited by MK3; Sep 28, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:07 AM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
USA, IN, Bloomington
Joined Aug 2007
840 Posts
Does anyone know the current limits on the filtered 12 volt supply on the gen 5? My TX takes 500mA and my camera could take up to 250 mA.

Also- +1 for an airspeed sensor. It will tell you if you are near stall speed and it will also tell you if you have a head- or tail-wind on long range flights (just compare the airspeed to the speed over ground).
BloomingtonFPV is offline Find More Posts by BloomingtonFPV
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:49 AM
Joined Jun 2009
615 Posts
Reznikvova Thinks that I might have a bad GPS or Graph board, so today I did some test flight.

In the video below, I'm flying with the barometric as "Altitude select" - but I think that there might be something wrong. The altitude looks strange during some of the flight, I think. In the beginning of the video Setting home is counting - what does this means ?

RVOSD Gen.5 Barometric test (3 min 50 sec)

In video below I fly with the GPS on "Altitude Select", and doing some vibrations testing at the same time. Could you tell me, if the vibrations is too much ?

I have pointed out some part of this video -

00:14 - 01:48 Flying with the AHI - Does it act like it should do ?
01:14 - 03:54 Debug screeen / vibrations test
03:54 - 04:34 The AHI does act pretty strange, I think !

RVOSD Test for vibraction, AHI, Debug screen (4 min 48 sec)
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:53 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,997 Posts
Hi Spookie,
You need to let RVOSD set home before you take off. It waits until it gets a good satellite fix on home, (Low HDOP count), then it counts to 200. If the HDOP stays below the value you have set it to, say 1.30, then it will remember that GPS location and use that as a reference for all GPS measurements, like altitude, distance, elevation, Home arrow, and most importantly, where to fly home to.
You should wait until the display reports "Home Set," and the altitude is zero or close to it, before taking off. Depending on various factors, setting home can take several minutes from a cold start.
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Last edited by ommadawn; Sep 29, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:57 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
It seems your plane resonates at around 3 amps. You could try a different medium to buffer the vibrations or try different prop combo.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:09 PM
Joined Jun 2009
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Hi Spookie,
You need to let RVOSD set home before you take off. It waits until it gets a good satellite fix on home, (Low HDOP count), then it counts to 200. If the HDOP stays below the value you have set it to, say 1.30, then it will remember that GPS location and use that as a reference for all GPS measurements, like altitude, distance, elevation, Home arrow, and most importantly, where to fly home to.
You should wait until the display reports "Home Set," and the altitude is zero or close to it, before taking off. Depending on various factors, setting home can take several minutes from a cold start.
Cheers
Frank
Thanks Ommandawn

In both the videos I did post, I was flying non-FPV, but only with my recorder running. I did not at the flying field see this "Setting home" counting. But I thought that when the GPS was connected to some satellites, it also did set home at the same time. But I have to wait I can see now. I don't know anything about Low HDOP count. What does a low number means, compared to a high number ?

I can guess that the barometric did act strange, because I did not wait until it set home, and set the altitude to about 0.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:12 PM
Joined Jun 2009
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me View Post
It seems your plane resonates at around 3 amps. You could try a different medium to buffer the vibrations or try different prop combo.
Are you looking at the AHI ? It seems to me, that it jumps up and down, at around 2.4Amps - 3.0Amps
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:17 PM
Joined Jun 2009
615 Posts
I'm not sure if I should set "Select Altitude" to GPS or Barometric.

To use Barometric, I guess I have to have the same air pressure inside the plane, as outside - is the correct ? I have a Skywalker with 2 ventilation holes in the nose. I think that these two holes might set the air pressure a bit higher inside, than outside the plane, and result in a wrong altitude reading. With the GPS, there should not be the same problem. What Have you done ?