SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I cut out the important part with Avidemux. It was almost at the beginning of the video (about after 4 seconds). Nothing spectacular, just my standard "swing-the-arm" test which I've always used and is 100% reliable.
How fast is your standard swing-the-arm test...I only got a 5 sec sound byte...with no video...

Tom-

Yup thats what they told me too...they updated the camera...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:22 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
How fast is your standard swing-the-arm test...I only got a 5 sec sound byte...with no video...

Tom-

I posted a video sample of the ground-to-sky corruption test for the #18 in the #18 thread. Since this is the #11 thread, I suggest going to the #18 thread for on-topic discussion of it. Thanks.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Rite tom...I already did that #18 test myself...we was talking about the #11 to #18 firmware update...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,900 Posts
Quote:
Rite tom...I already did that #18 test myself...we was talking about the #11 to #18 firmware update...
OH, Ok... I forgot! Too many of these key cam threads!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:20 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,501 Posts
Hello Tom and all,
No 11 from last spring 2011.
After many videos and letting the cam set for a spell, I'm getting a totally striped pixelated with a slight backgroung image of what I'm shooting. Is it toast or should I try to re seat any plug ins if any on the board. It takes a charge and turns off and on, the blinky sequences are correct for vid and still but the picture is badly distorted. I haven't a clue, my son could have dipped it in his beer for all I know. It did sit for a spell in shop conditions, still holds the date and time.
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:33 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Hello Tom and all,
No 11 from last spring 2011.
After many videos and letting the cam set for a spell, I'm getting a totally striped pixelated with a slight backgroung image of what I'm shooting. Is it toast or should I try to re seat any plug ins if any on the board. It takes a charge and turns off and on, the blinky sequences are correct for vid and still but the picture is badly distorted. I haven't a clue, my son could have dipped it in his beer for all I know. It did sit for a spell in shop conditions, still holds the date and time.
I haven't a clue... other than there is nothing to adjust or reseat inside. Did you try a different flash card> I video of the symptom would help as well. I assume the computer and video player are the same as what you used when the camera was working normally?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:28 PM
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I haven't a clue... other than there is nothing to adjust or reseat inside. Did you try a different flash card> I video of the symptom would help as well. I assume the computer and video player are the same as what you used when the camera was working normally?
No I have not tried another card. I did stick it in a usb adapter and loaded and played off it and it works that way. Here's a still but the vid has the same, you can make out the palm frons in the back yard.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,900 Posts
Quote:
No I have not tried another card. I did stick it in a usb adapter and loaded and played off it and it works that way. Here's a still but the vid has the same, you can make out the palm frons in the back yard.
Nasty! Looks like the kind of thing that can result if there is a bad connection on one or more of the CMOS ribbon cable contacts to the circuit board. But they are soldered in place, so I don't see how that could have gotten broken with the camera just sitting. The only thing I can think of is if the camera went through some very cold winter temperatures, and had some differential contraction that caused one of the trace solder joints to crack. and open up when it warmed back up.

I guess you could carefully try to reflow the solder on those tiny finger contacts to see if that helps (easy to get a solder bridge from one finger to an adjacent one doing that!). My guess is it's toast, so I'd try it the reflow before sending it to the parts bin.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
The color striped video looks exactly like a badly seated CMOS sensor on the #16. In my case I just re-seated it. On the #11, it's a bad solder joint or torn wire. It must have been marginal from the when it was produced.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:02 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,900 Posts
Quote:

Tom-

I received my updated test camera today... See the video sample I just posted in the #18 thread...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
The color striped video looks exactly like a badly seated CMOS sensor on the #16. In my case I just re-seated it. On the #11, it's a bad solder joint or torn wire. It must have been marginal from the when it was produced.
Thanks for the lead! I took it apart and found dust across the ribbon traces that must have had moisture, I swabbed with an eraser, dusted off and it works like a charm again! wee!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:53 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the lead! I took it apart and found dust across the ribbon traces that must have had moisture, I swabbed with an eraser, dusted off and it works like a charm again! wee!
Excellent! I am glad you solved the problem.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
I just logged on ok but when I do a search for my previous posts I get" nothing found".

I searched using my user name.

The reason i wanted to find my previous post is that I was introduced to a page that allowed me to set or change various parameters on the camera, such as making it blink while recording. I have another camera now and I want make some changes.

I have looked at FAQs and cannot see that handy program to make camera changes.
ganderite is offline Find More Posts by ganderite
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,456 Posts
Try the #16 thread
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
You always can find your posts or any user post clicking on the forum nickname. Then you will find this.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Closed Thread