New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2015, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by Paul Penney
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2000
2,528 Posts
Question
Problems with Vector Software - Map view lag on Satellite.

Hey guys!

I love my vector and am getting ready for some attempted commercial use - which will involve filing flight plans and adhering to them. I own the Eagle Eyes ground station, and it works, but I am experiencing software-related problems with the user experience:

When using the Google Flight Map tab during LIVE MODE, I am experiencing lag that makes seeing where the model is headed more difficult. Here are the symptoms:

1) When either playing back a saved file, or recording / monitoring a live flight, the position of the airplane on the google map begins with a very high refresh rate and displays position changes fluently
2) As the flight progresses, the position of the airplane begins to update less and less frequently, almost as if a lag is occurring.
3) By the end of the flight, the refresh rate is about 1 FPS, as opposed to its starting rate which was probably 10+ FPS.

- Switching from Satellite to Map view seems to fix the frame rate slowing issues, but doing so makes the software replay the flight faster than realtime, with no way to slow it down (pressing the "slow" button results in no changes). This also means I can't effectively see what I am flying over with satellite view.

- Issues occur on windows 7, 8, 10, on several different machines (low, high spec'ed)

- The software doesn't eat up a lot of memory.. in task manager, the most it seems to take is between 40-60 MB during playback, even when its lagging hard with satellite view (suggests its not a memory leak problem).

- Internet connection both wired and wireless, with good signals and data rates throughout (50 mbps+)

Thanks guys,

Paul
Paul Penney is offline Find More Posts by Paul Penney
to remove ads between posts