Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Find More Posts by Sculptor
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grup View Post
Actually that was in response to the post regarding the Spitfire. I should have quoted it to avoid confusion

Regards
OOOPS! Wrong plane, sorry but I think the point was right "learn to fly the rudder". I've only had one plane that could not be flown without rudder it was a GWS E-Starter and maybe it was just mine.

It was some years ago and I was still uncertified to fly and my flight instructor was trimming it for me pulled it into a turn and it had such 'adverse yaw that it ended up hanging on the prop vertically. He then dialed in a rudder / aileron mix and all was fine. As soon as I was comfortable flying it I suggested that we take out the mix so I would have to learn the art of the rudder he was pleased with that. Now I never think about the rudder I just use it. I outfitted it with floats and flew it to death. I LOVED that plane. Coming off water it might hook left or right, the turned down wing tips would hit the water and it would take off - such fun.

Don't train on a 3 channel plane and don't neglect the rudder or you will never be a good pilot.

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
to remove ads between posts