Old Mar 03, 2015, 06:30 AM
Big Daddy
United States, RI, Pawtucket
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
Discussion
ultimate pipe 28% Bowman plans

Hello. All

I just printed out some plans for a 28% ultimate bipe designed by Bowman RC. Has any one have any experience with this build. My first problem is I cannot find out where to get cowl and canope from.I have called fiberglass specialties and they do not make it.I also try calling Bowman RC which is no longer in business. If anyone would like to share their opinions or suggestions on this build that would be helpful. I will also start a build log when I get going. Thanks Don
dontag is offline Find More Posts by dontag
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2015, 10:21 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
3,009 Posts
Maybe try making a large foam plug (cowl), fiber glass it, and use acetone to remove the foam.
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Mar 03, 2015, 12:08 PM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,448 Posts
A cowl made for some other 28% (about) modern aerobatic airplane may work on the Ultimate too.

Maybe the canopy from something else can be made to fit too - or you could form one from a plastic bottle.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:51 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Apr 2014
139 Posts
Hey I just printed these plans myself! Been sussing them out a bit but wont start the build until ive finished my mike hurley 104" extra. Im just going to make plugs for my canopy and cowling. Fiberglass the cowling and vacume for the canopy if all goes well and your still looking for these parts by the time I do it I can look at posting to you maybe.... depending on cost
Daniel003 is online now Find More Posts by Daniel003
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:51 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Apr 2014
139 Posts
Keep us up to date and what issues you encounter on your build!
Daniel003 is online now Find More Posts by Daniel003
Old Mar 29, 2015, 09:48 AM
Big Daddy
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply's. I will keep the ideas in mind if nothing else comes up. I will start cutting parts tonight.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:50 PM
USA, NJ, East Brunswick
Joined Nov 2003
137 Posts
Many ARFs have replacement cowls and canopies available. Usually the cowls are prepainted but are fairly cheap. If you can find out the dimensions before you purchase get one that is close to your plans and mod your firewall to fit.
Zipman is offline Find More Posts by Zipman
Old Mar 29, 2015, 04:38 PM
Big Daddy
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
That's what I think I will do. But a lot of cowl that I looked at don't give the sizes. I was hoping someone built this plane and would know. Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2015, 05:50 PM
USA, NJ, East Brunswick
Joined Nov 2003
137 Posts
Don,
I found this
Great Planes sold a 28% Ultimate bipe arf but discontinued it. Search on this criteria.
Here is a hobby shop that still has parts available including the cowl and canopy.
Good Luck
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...1307&hf_type=R

Stan
Zipman is offline Find More Posts by Zipman