HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Discussion
Eagle Eyes FPV station problems!?

Hi, so I have the eagle eyes diversity receiver, and the osd pro. I have had 3 issues with it and was wondering if you can help me.

1. My tilt on the station doesnt tilt at all when I am flying the plane BUT the pan works and correctly follows my plane. However, I have calibrated the eagle eyes properly and when I test it on my computer, it pans to the correct heading and also tilts to the highest and lowest angle I have calibrated it for. HOWEVER, when I go fly my my plane, thats when only the pan works and the tilt does nothing. For example when I do a high fly over of my setup, the station doesnt tilt up at all! help?

2. My eagle eyes periodically makes a series of beeps in pair of two beeps when I have programmed the eagle eyes to not beep for anything other than low voltage, but it beeps occasionally even on a full battery. For example, if I am flying my plane, it will randomly start that series of beeps (pairs of two). its annoying, and not sure what it means...?

3. Today, my video display on my goggles went black when I was flying the plane...and then come back just in time for me to turn the plane back around towards me to get back in visible sight and land it. It was really scary, and it was so scary because today was the first day that it happened (I have been flying with my new fpv setup for a couple of weeks now (nothing more than 1km yet)). Do you have any guesses why this might have happened? because like I said, I have been routinely flying around 1km (until I get my RTH working I stay close) and have clear video, but today it went black and stayed like that for like 20 seconds...

help please!?
mfische is offline Find More Posts by mfische
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:33 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, here are some thoughts:

1) There are a couple of things that might explain your tilt issue. When you fly overhead, does the pan stop also? If so, there is a setting that disables the tracker when the model is very close, to keep it from swinging around wildly. This is "Min Radius frm Home for Trak" in the EagleEyes OSD menu. If that's not set to zero, this feature is enabled.

Another possibility is some sort of a misconfiguration. A quick way to verify this would be to use the OSD's simulator. As you fly the model in the simulator (disconnect your motor! ) the tracker should follow the model in both pan and tilt axis.

Please post your OSD config file (.txt) here and I'll take a look and see if there's a misconfiguration. And/or, you may want to clear the calibration and recalibrate, to see if that resolves the issue.

Re the series of beeps, that may be caused by an issue that is addressed in our more recent firmware. The latest is located here.

Re the goggle shutoff, did you have a chance to check the EagleEyes LEDs, to see what they indicated, or did you hear a beep from the EE indicating it might be a mode switch? Is it possible there's a loose connection between your goggles and the tracker? What type of goggles do you have?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:27 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Thanks for the input! And I found out what the problems where! First I realized I hadnt updated my eagle eyes firmware since I last updated the OSD Pro firmware, so I fixed that. Second, I install the new data software, and that elminated the weird beeping I was telling you about.

Anyways, so I found out that my servo motor that tilts my fpv station has a audible buzz most of the time and that that is causing a lot of noise in my video. And so that noise is making it so that I lose telemetry and that it causes actual blacking out of my video. So I am am trying to figure out if there is anyway to eliminate the nosie produced by my tilt servo...because otherwise I need to buy a new servo with more torque.

Do you know of any ways to take out noise produced by a servo motor?
mfische is offline Find More Posts by mfische
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:06 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi, here are some thoughts:

1) .... there is a setting that disables the tracker when the model is very close, to keep it from swinging around wildly. This is "Min Radius frm Home for Trak" in the EagleEyes OSD menu. If that's not set to zero, this feature is enabled.
Hi Bill, I'm using firmware 10.53 and I tried setting "Min Radius frm Home for Trak" to 0 just now, and a message comes that says
"Out of Range!
The value of "Min Radius frm Home for Trak" should be in the range of 5 to 255".

Has this feature been disable in this firmware version?

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Geoff,

Sorry, I had forgotten that the minimum value is 5, and that's the default. The feature is always enabled but at a very small radius.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:36 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Thanks Bill, thats as I new it.
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2