HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:16 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
172 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I just realized that the guys who ordered the CNC 355 did not specify if they want black anodized center plates or all metal look. Please specify guys or else I will just choose myself what you're getting based on what I have on hand and what I prefer selling.

Best,
Chris
Make it a black center plates on mine Chris. Order #8 for phasor.

Thanks, Jerry
Phasor is online now Find More Posts by Phasor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,548 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
I have amended all the orders to reflect the choices of center plates finish. You can look at page 1 of this thread to view your order.

As for landing skids, I am submitting a design to the CNC factory this week and I will include them with the orders, except adrenahelin's order because that one is shipping this week, but I will be sending him a set for free at a later date. The skids will also be available for cheap for those who already own an Armattan quad.

The kids are designed the same way as the one posted by TEKK but they will have refined curves and perforations to cut down weight. They bend easily but they take a second to bend back. That's how they are designed in order to minimize damage to the actual arms. I like them a lot. Much better than the standoffs, and good looking, too.

I am going to the CNC factory today and I'll be able to inform everyone on turn around time for your orders soon. Frames and DIY kits won't take very long. The RXR ones I have to take the time to build them.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:02 PM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
You can find the gear from most online heli shops, ebay, or local hobby shop.

I bolted the gear to the bottom of the plate, using 4-40 cap screws and nylon lock nuts.

I then put velcro over the cap screws to protect the battery where it attaches underneith.
noahb is offline Find More Posts by noahb
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:01 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,440 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Okay, I might be able to help. I just went with the Devo 7 and really like it. I wound-up getting it in a combo deal with a Master CP from Banggood for $165 shipped. It took about 3 weeks to get to me though. When looking for the D7, I was finding them for around $100 shipped, so in my eyes I got a Master CP for $65. (I have not flown the CP yet, and I hold BThrisk responsible for this madness...Hahahahaa!)

Onto the batt: The first 3 I ordered were from Value Hobby from here in the U.S. However, it appears they do not currently ship out of the U.S. For those here, it's a really good deal and I like them a lot. 2650mah 40C for $23 ea and shipping was cheap/fast. I forgot to mention; these batts ARE NOT as heavy as advertised. They are actually 231g ea.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...1-1v-lipo.html

The next 4 batts are from a company here in the U.S. that does in fact appear to be willing to ship to you guys in Canada. Actually they are worldwide and have warehouses in China and U.S. I found them through an advertisement here on RCGroups and there's already a thread here on them. Don't bother with the first page because its mostly speculation BS. Just go to the last page and see what they're saying.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1734415&page=8

I went with the 3000mah 40C/80C burst for $24 I just got them yesterday and have not tried them because of the strom that just blew through. They'll be fine I'm sure. Good communication, price, and fast shipping. Oh and they even threw in 12 free AA batts for my Tx...Just part of the deal. The weight on the Value Hobby batts are lighter and I also suspect but have not confirmed that these are lighter as well somewhere in the 250-260g range. If I get a chance I'll find-out for sure and let you guys know.

http://www.chinahobbyline.com/ProductShow.asp?id=2365

I should also mention both batts came with the correct connectors for your Armattan. Damn, I've let the cat out of the bag now.

Props were bought (Gemfans) from Dan. He's the guy that me and Brian pointed out earlier in this thread. If you have any Q's, just fire away...At least until the Raider game starts..

-Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
I'm sure the D10 would be fine and I know nothing about the telemetry options/how it works. But, if I could just talk out of my backside for a moment I'll make some speculations. There's no freaking way you're controlling this bird with "instruments" rexless this thing is VERY AGGRESSIVE, nothing like our F45's what-so-ever. And as far as "long smooth flights" well.....I'm just saying you will be to drunk with power to do so...Hahahahahaa!

You'll see what I mean soon enough. I would STRONGLY recommend you drop the stick scaling down to the 40% range until you get the hang of it. Even at 40%, you can stand this thing on it's nose, punch it and it will be waaaaay the hell out there in less than 2 seconds....Hahahahaa you'll see.

-Pat
Wow, thanks for all that info! I'm researching the 2 sites for batteries, checking on shipping costs etc. I just don't want to get the wrong setup and regret it later. Just being honest with myself, I'll be sorely tempted to take off as far as I can. I've had the F45 out far enough that I couldn't really tell it's orientation. I guess it would be pretty darn hard to fly by instruments but my thought was I'd at least have a chance if I end up out of visual range... well I'd also have GPS coordinates to help.

I'll definitely start at or below 40%. I don't want to blast this around until I get to know it. I am sufficiently afraid and awestruck by what I've seen so far and intimidated by the skill of the pilots from the videos I've seen. I'm going over my head but at least there are tons of amazing people (like yourself) helping n00bs like me out. THANKS!!!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:05 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,739 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
The skids will also be available for cheap for those who already own an Armattan quad.

Best,
Chris
I'm in once they are available Chris.

And thanks for handling the propellor issue with me so promptly, and professionally.

Best

David
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
305 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Chris, Any chance of getting one of these to Texas before Christmas?

Armattan CNC 355 RXR DIY Kit- 205$ anodized black center plates.

Thanks
Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:20 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,548 Posts
How about I put this kit in a box and ship it to you next Tuesday? Would that work for you? Payment pending, of course. Confirm if you're interested.

Good news guys, I was at the factory today and all the CNC parts will be ready Friday. I have the motors, escs and kk2s already and everything else in stock. So looks like all the frames and DIY kits are shipping next Tuesday. I should have time to assemble a good few rxr quads, too.

Best,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Chris, Any chance of getting one of these to Texas before Christmas?

Thanks
Thurmond
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Jun 2008
375 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Armattan 323(325) video

Flying my "ARMTTAN 323" Quad in my small back yard......!!!! (Select 1080p or 720p for best quality)
ARMATTAN 323 (11/16/12) (7 min 51 sec)
N3SHXX is online now Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Last edited by N3SHXX; Nov 19, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:23 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
85 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I just checked the tracking info for my Armattan quad and it finally made its way to the USA. Hopefully i will get it before the weekend so i can finally fly this weekend.
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:38 AM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
How about I put this kit in a box and ship it to you next Tuesday? Would that work for you? Payment pending, of course. Confirm if you're interested.

Good news guys, I was at the factory today and all the CNC parts will be ready Friday. I have the motors, escs and kk2s already and everything else in stock. So looks like all the frames and DIY kits are shipping next Tuesday. I should have time to assemble a good few rxr quads, too.

Best,
Chris
Confirmed and thanks Chris!

Thurmond
Last edited by T3PRanch; Nov 19, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
@ RCCrashTestDummy, thanks for the link on batts, just ordered two 2200/40C from Value Hobby.
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...1-1v-lipo.html
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3SHXX View Post
Flying my "ARMTTAN 323" Quad in my small back yard......!!!! (Select 1080p or 720p for best quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZWEx...1&feature=plcp
I think that's called free advertisement because it looks like a whole lot of fun. I love the small models like this. Light weight, lots of power, and still very stable. Nice controlled flying in closed quarters, there, mate.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Confirmed and thanks Chris!

Thurmond
You order has been added to the first page of this thread. Thank you, Sir. I will be contacting you for payment over the weekend with some pictures of your kit.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
You order has been added to the first page of this thread. Thank you, Sir. I will be contacting you for payment over the weekend with some pictures of your kit.

Best,
Chris

Thanks
Thurmond
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,548 Posts
Show CNC 355 model for sale

Since you guys are waiting on your Armattans, might as well give you a bit of something to watch.

Armattan CNC 355 (3 min 40 sec)

Does anyone want to buy it? It has about 4 flights to it. It's not damaged. I's the ORIGINAL CNC 355. First one built. Since it's not exactly new, I'll fit a new KK2 on it and I'm asking 200$ for it. Shipped, of course. You save 25$ This offer is not applicable to those who have already placed an order. Give someone else a chance, gents.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread