HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:24 PM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
Make sure your PC is mild. no more than 2 deg negative and 8 deg positive. Keep the HS down with a nice smooth TC with a flatter curve after you come off 0 point, like: 0, 40,55,70,85.

Good luck and take it slow.
What works for me is a modification to your post. I set my Stunt Mode TC to a flat 80%. I start the blades in normal and then switch to Stunt to spin it all the way up. I fly in Stunt and land it in Stunt and then switch to normal for total shutdown. My Stunt Mode PC is set to -2, 0, 3, 5, 8 degrees. This setup with the constant head speed and smooth PC makes for a nice smooth and docile flying machine. I am using a DX6i and the helis are a Hausler 450 and an EXI 500. Both machines are setup in the same manner.

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
120 Posts
An eventful day

Sunday,I went to a little park here in Ridgefield Park N.J.,and for the very first time I was in somewhat total control.

What had caused me hesitation to fly was when spooling my storm 450 it kept lurching to the starboard,or to its stern and I simply tried to trim it out before ever getting it up.This time however,I was determined to see if the hours spent on the sim would finally pay off.

I can't explain the enjoyment I got out of getting it in the air,,hovering,and doing some ovals.I can now understand the addiction,,,and I'm committed to being a full fledged junkie,,,,,,,,,,minus the tracks.......
Thetoad is offline Find More Posts by Thetoad