太刀風
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2003
1,062 Posts
Discussion
ESC?Receiver combo

Anyone using anything like this ?
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0830

Looking at converting the Tamiya 1/350 I400 to remote control, will need four channels though. Looking at this for the 1/400 Heller Admiral Scheer.
Tachikaze is online now Find More Posts by Tachikaze
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:12 AM
United Kingdom, England, Herne Bay
Joined Sep 2012
34 Posts
I have in my Losi Car... What type of motor are you going for... Brushed or Brushless. You can get some very small orange recivers that i have used in my micro boat..
vrdetailing is offline Find More Posts by vrdetailing
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
太刀風
Joined Jan 2003
1,062 Posts
I will be going with some small brushed Maxon motors. I have used the Novak 75mHz receivers for a larger kit, the Revelle Schnellboot, but getting an ESC into a boat that size is going to be a problem. Want I am really looking for is a ESC/Receiver combo with four channels for the sub.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
Big Boats Rule!
Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2007
1,949 Posts
A 4 channel combo unit (rx + esc) might be hard to find because what high volume rc product would use it? The 2 channel with esc from a car is easy to see being produced in volume. What about some of these helicopter units? The esc will be forward only, of course.

Dave
boater_dave is online now Find More Posts by boater_dave
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
太刀風
Joined Jan 2003
1,062 Posts
The 2.4gHz units would be find for a surface unit, but I am going to need a 75mHz or 27mHz unit to do a submarine.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
Big Boats Rule!
Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2007
1,949 Posts
I realize that 2.4G does not work with subs, but are all of those cheap heli's 2.4G? More specifically, the older ones that you will find the guts up for sale for cheap? You would need one that is mid grade, with a single main rotor and mechanical tail rotor. That would give you one esc and at least three servo outputs. Any twin main rotor heli will have two esc's and probably a third for a motorized tailrotor (as opposed to a mechanical one).

Dave
boater_dave is online now Find More Posts by boater_dave