HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:37 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,422 Posts
My RC club had their annual Float fly this past sunday and I had to be at work
From the video I saw there was 7 Flyzone Beavers and one of them was the new version.
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2014, 09:45 PM
Andy841
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Mar 2012
75 Posts
build a beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
My RC club had their annual Float fly this past sunday and I had to be at work
From the video I saw there was 7 Flyzone Beavers and one of them was the new version.
Nice planes. Ive been thinking of buying that new one. $200.

Paul I've been perusing old scale models and found a build of a berkeley beaver., While you may not be interested in doing this, the guy did a lot of research on the shape of the cowl, etc. and the build process is fascinating. I dont know how to copy the site, but its in "Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes Scale Kit/Scratch Built Build Log Berkeley DHC-2 Beaver" under "forums" The plane is slightly smaller than ours, but actually flies in a more scale manner. He has a nice video of the flight. ( Needs a sound system)
Andy
Andy841 is online now Find More Posts by Andy841
Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM
I just love flying
Traverse City ,MI
Joined Dec 2005
889 Posts
Just finished putting this together, I got it from Tower for $177 Shipped. We bought my brother the first version over xmas as his first plane and it flies so well I had to buy one myself.

Matt
MattZC is online now Find More Posts by MattZC
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,422 Posts
Well today after work the weather was so nice I decided to head over to the beach and try C-GULL with the sound unit.
By the time I got there the wind had started but not too bad so I put in 2 batteries
The sound was still at 70% and was loud enough to hear all over the circuit.
My only disapointement is not enough of high sound RPM on the flyby's.
I was able to increase the sound RPM more but cant have higher now because it increases my idle RPM sound.
I'm still happy with the unit brings a new level of enjoyment
I should be able to fly on calm water tomorrow morning I hope.
Also the floats are in a bit more now with the increase of weight.

C GULL Sound Water test 1 (2 min 17 sec)
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
816 Posts
Quote:
Well today after work the weather was so nice I decided to head over to the beach and try C-GULL with the sound unit.
By the time I got there the wind had started but not too bad so I put in 2 batteries
I was able to increase the sound RPM more but cant have higher now because it increases my idle RPM sound.

http://youtu.be/djKDp5IWxc4
Very nice Paul, love the sound and sweet landing.
Rcbyair is offline Find More Posts by Rcbyair
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
778 Posts
Quote:

Sounds and looks great Paul!
TechJunkieRC is offline Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,422 Posts
I don't have the same slow speed as before but its not too bad but its better in the mild wind at least.
The mix pack has a turbo prop sound and its very nice so it would be good on a turbo Beaver
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
RR Tootie Toot Toot
United States, MI, Jackson
Joined Jan 2005
27 Posts
Quote:

Aye, I think you got it. Very impressive. It just adds to the enjoyment of this plane. I'm wiring my second Beaver for the sound card. I have a second speaker for it, so all I'll have to do is change the sound card. I saved the settings to my SD card. Anyhow, Congrats Paul.
fordman is offline Find More Posts by fordman
Old Today, 05:55 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman View Post
Aye, I think you got it. Very impressive. It just adds to the enjoyment of this plane. I'm wiring my second Beaver for the sound card. I have a second speaker for it, so all I'll have to do is change the sound card. I saved the settings to my SD card. Anyhow, Congrats Paul.
Thanks
I might like it too much and get another system to transfer from my other Beaver on Tundras and skis and also my Big scale Heli with the turbine sound
But first I need a new radio with more channels so I can use the sound effects.
I had tried a mix with down elevator to have the sound wav "CLEAR" but every time I would move the elevator it wouls sound
I will try again it again could be just the travel end point again.
I love playing with that stuff
Old Today, 07:27 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,510 Posts
Quote:

Super like thanks for that probably will make me spend some money on this unit!!! Do you have a link to it please? cheers and nice landing
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Today, 10:15 AM
United States, MN, Hopkins
Joined Feb 2013
354 Posts
Quote:

Great flying and isn't Andrew's Sound GREAT! I went to the LHS and purchased another switch and Y cable so I can transfer the card between the two. I need to move mine to the door for I mounted the card on the opposite side in the cabin. I had already ordered an additional TT25 when I ordered the system.

Paul went flying this morning with Sound Beaver #1 CF-FHB and Maggie Mae no Sound. I did find a trick with mine I can select Sound or No Sound by once on performing a shut down then power the motor back up the card completes the shut down and stays off. I then glided and touched the motor back on and the Sound Fired Up just too cool! I must say I'm not sure, but remember last Summer Cubcrazy and I went flying in Arkansas. Jason remarked how much faster mine took off and just climbed? Well, I feel certain now that motor is just a bit more powerful for the Norcanair #1 climbs, but one must level off for you just can't point the nose up and go like Maggie Mae.

Always a joy Paul to watch you fly really SWEET!!!! Bill
Whitieford is online now Find More Posts by Whitieford