HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2011, 02:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
Help!
Need help to fix CB100

Hi,

I'm new here and new to this world. My apology if this had been posted before.
I was wondering what is wrong with my CB100. I have crashed it before, but have fixed everything , and everything physically looks fine. But for some reasons, the helicopter will not leave the ground, at best 10cm. According the the battery meter, it is measured at 4.2V. Could the motor be damaged from the last crash and prevent it from spinning fast enough? The blades and gears seems fine to me visually. When it does fly off ground for 10cm briefly, the helicopter will shake violently from time to time in a wobbling motion. Aside from that, the tail motor will have sudden burst of thrust which wiggles the tail as well (which I believe is independent from the wobbling motion).

I will appreciate a lot if I can get a fast response.

Thanks!!!!!!
sungyc is offline Find More Posts by sungyc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:14 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungyc View Post
Hi,

I'm new here and new to this world. My apology if this had been posted before.
I was wondering what is wrong with my CB100. I have crashed it before, but have fixed everything , and everything physically looks fine. But for some reasons, the helicopter will not leave the ground, at best 10cm. According the the battery meter, it is measured at 4.2V. Could the motor be damaged from the last crash and prevent it from spinning fast enough? The blades and gears seems fine to me visually. When it does fly off ground for 10cm briefly, the helicopter will shake violently from time to time in a wobbling motion. Aside from that, the tail motor will have sudden burst of thrust which wiggles the tail as well (which I believe is independent from the wobbling motion).

I will appreciate a lot if I can get a fast response.

Thanks!!!!!!
First hold the main gear in your hand and or stick a screw driver through it to keep it from turning and than try to turn the main blades to check that you haven't broken a pin.. Then take a VERY CLOSE LOOK at the teeth on the main gear to make sure that some aren't damaged it's hard to tell so look very closely at all of them. This is the most common problem you will find for your problem.

If it passed these tests than take a good look at the main motor plug and see if it looks like it has gotten hot, you can also run the heli in your hand for a few minuted at high power and then feel both the motor plug and the battery plugs to see if they are getting warm at all..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:28 PM
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the reply,
I held the main gear and tried to turn the main blade. It will not move.
I also looked at the teeth on the main gear, I don't see any problems.

As for the plugs, there no noticeable heat increase. The motor only heat up from cold to room temperature as well.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!!!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:47 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Hi, Thanks for the reply,
I held the main gear and tried to turn the main blade. It will not move.
I also looked at the teeth on the main gear, I don't see any problems.

As for the plugs, there no noticeable heat increase. The motor only heat up from cold to room temperature as well.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!!!

You didn't put the blades on backwards did you??
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
no backward. BUT the blades are ordered from ebay for CB100. Somehow the curvature of the blade feels slightly different. The blades were spinning really loud and unstable when I put an OEM blade with Ebay blade. So I switched to both ebay blades, and it spins normal now.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:26 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
no backward. BUT the blades are ordered from ebay for CB100. Somehow the curvature of the blade feels slightly different. The blades were spinning really loud and unstable when I put an OEM blade with Ebay blade. So I switched to both ebay blades, and it spins normal now.

Now why didn't you tell us this at the start,, everyone knows, even you now that those E bay blades are no good.. But I'll give you a good deal on the 8 that I have left...
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:48 PM
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
good deal??
Old Mar 26, 2011, 02:32 PM
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
could there be other problems though? I didnt see anyone posting comments on the ebay seller that i bought from saying the blades are fake or bad. Only see comments about CB180's blades are fake and bad.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 02:44 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
could there be other problems though? I didnt see anyone posting comments on the ebay seller that i bought from saying the blades are fake or bad. Only see comments about CB180's blades are fake and bad.
Well you would have to go back a year or two when we all got suckered into buying them, even WOW did if I remember right and was reselling them as Walkera blades.. Till everyone was bitching that they didn't fly the heli, and broke like glass..
Old Mar 26, 2011, 03:17 PM
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
hmmm, i see... Guess it would be the blades then. Does my described symptoms of not flying, and the way it "hovered"(how it wobbles and shakes from time to time, and can barely stay in one place) fit having bad blades? (just want to make sure theres no other "internal injuries: from my last crash)

Also, you mentioned about you are willing to give me a good deal on the 8 good ones you have left. How much are you welling to sell it for?

Is there any other items I should look out for that I should not buy from ebay? batteries? tailboom? etc

Sorry for all those questions, this is my 1st hobby grade RC heli and it had given me so many troubles compared to my RC cars.

thanks for all the help!!! I really appreciate them.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 03:39 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
hmmm, i see... Guess it would be the blades then. Does my described symptoms of not flying, and the way it "hovered"(how it wobbles and shakes from time to time, and can barely stay in one place) fit having bad blades? (just want to make sure theres no other "internal injuries: from my last crash)

Also, you mentioned about you are willing to give me a good deal on the 8 good ones you have left. How much are you welling to sell it for?

Is there any other items I should look out for that I should not buy from ebay? batteries? tailboom? etc

Sorry for all those questions, this is my 1st hobby grade RC heli and it had given me so many troubles compared to my RC cars.

thanks for all the help!!! I really appreciate them.
I was talking about the 8 "GOOD" E bay ones meaning the ones that I didn't even try using as they were a waste of money.. Heck can't even use them to stir paint they break so easy..

Get some real blades either CB100, 4#3 or HeliMax ones for the Nouvs FP from your LHS.. Before you try looking for another problem.. I'm telling you that the E Bay ones I have would fly my CB100 just like yours is flying... Not at all... Just sliding across the floor into something so that they can break..
Old Mar 26, 2011, 06:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
Alright, thanks. I will buy from wowhobbies.
Do you know what is the difference between those 2 that sells on their webpage?
http://www.wowhobbies.com/mainrotorbladefor43ab.aspx
and
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-cb100-z...renceonly.aspx

thanks again!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 06:34 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Alright, thanks. I will buy from wowhobbies.
Do you know what is the difference between those 2 that sells on their webpage?
http://www.wowhobbies.com/mainrotorbladefor43ab.aspx
and
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-cb100-z...renceonly.aspx

thanks again!
Yes 55 cents...
Old Mar 26, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
other than the price? lol...
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:02 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
other than the price? lol...

One is called this part number: HM-4#3B-Z-01 (HM-CB100-Z-11)

and the other is called this part number: HM-CB100-Z-11 (HM-4#3B-Z-01)

but they are both this: HM-4#3B-Z-01

Now the question is which are the E bay ones he is sell if any??

So like I said 55 cents...

Or you can get them from Rick and be sure you are getting the real Walkera..

https://clubheli.3dcartstores.com/Wa...ries_c_18.html