HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2014, 09:14 PM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
Discussion
Blade nano cpx!

I picked this up on Friday and I must say I love it. I moved up after I broke my msr board right after I was getting good at it. I'm just curious if there's any way to make it flip over faster by moving the servo rods down? Also I have been looking into this online and saw people have said do not fly in the wind. Well I have been flying in heavy winds (up to almost 20 mph) and the bird does fantastically, also good practice I assume? Is this bad for the bird in anyway such as causing too much strain?

Thank you.
Blasteroid is offline Find More Posts by Blasteroid
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2014, 09:38 PM
Ncpx, Super CP, 130x, NQX
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2013
351 Posts
No, moving servo rods will not make it flip faster it will only mess up your swash plate and you'd have to move them back to level the swash back out. Only way you can make it flip faster is to increase dual rates or travel adjust to greater than 100%. If you are using a non computer radio then you can't do this, I.e. dx4e. With dx6i for example, you can adjust the travel adjust up to 125% for aileron & elevator but the dual rates only go to 100%.

As for flying in the wind I would not recommend flying in 20 mph winds but these Nanos can take around 10mph and be fine. It's the gusts that will really affect it, if it's a steady non - gusty wind it's not as noticeable. Unless you crash the wind is not hurting the heli though, it's just making the gyro think more to keep it stable.
yours truly is offline Find More Posts by yours truly
Old Apr 02, 2014, 09:52 PM
Groovin', not fishin'
United States, CA, Twain Harte
Joined Feb 2014
137 Posts
My new Nano is in the process of being shipped right now. Can't wait to give it a try; though the learning curve may be a bit stiff as this will be my first CP heli. Thanks for the info on flying in the wind - - I didn't realize this bird could take winds as high as 20 MPH. That's really impressive. But I'll be safer at least flying indoors (survivability chances for the Nano are a lot greater crashing into/onto a couch) for a while.
bassman12350 is offline Find More Posts by bassman12350
Old Apr 04, 2014, 07:24 PM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
The helicopter is great handles wind really well. Apparently though it does not handle being flown into a wall very well though because it will no longer bind after that happened, thought this day couldn't get any worse haha. If anyone has any ideas of ways to fix it so I don't have to go buy a new one tomorrow that would be awesome since today is the first day in a week there's absolutely no wind.

This was my first CP helicopter as well and I was so impressed by how easy it was for me to get right to flying. Just a tip always remember to put stunt mode on if your trying any flipping at all, sounds easy but I forgot so many times I was surprised I took this long to break it haha.

Also if I buy a new one should I get the full cpx instead?
Last edited by Blasteroid; Apr 04, 2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 11:43 AM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
So I went ahead and bought another one and the people at my hobby store told me the transmitter chip fried and horizon will replace it for free. So I called them up and my board is on the way should be here wednesday. So now ill have two, I also picked up a dx6i and find it harder to control with this remote especially since I don't understand what any of these switch do or the settings. It'll take some getting used to.

Can anyone tell me how to set this remote for the Cpx because there's no stunt mode switch or possibility of inverted flight it goes to negative pitch automatically without me flipping the switch which I don't want it to do.
Last edited by Blasteroid; Apr 06, 2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 05:30 PM
Groovin', not fishin'
Joined Feb 2014
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasteroid View Post
So I went ahead and bought another one and the people at my hobby store told me the transmitter chip fried and horizon will replace it for free. So I called them up and my board is on the way should be here wednesday. So now ill have two, I also picked up a dx6i and find it harder to control with this remote especially since I don't understand what any of these switch do or the settings. It'll take some getting used to.

Can anyone tell me how to set this remote for the Cpx because there's no stunt mode switch or possibility of inverted flight it goes to negative pitch automatically without me flipping the switch which I don't want it to do.
The DX6i is a great TX for the Nano and will afford you much more control over settings than the DX4e which ships with the Nano RTF kit (I bought this one and will transition to the DX6i later). There are suggestions in the owner's manual for settings on the DX7, which I think you can also use on the 6i. That being said, I remember seeing a post with suggested DX6i settings for someone starting out on a Nano - - I just can't remember where this post was. Try the "search" function here on the forum. . . .
Old Apr 06, 2014, 05:34 PM
Groovin', not fishin'
Joined Feb 2014
137 Posts
I flew a pack on my Nano this afternoon - - outdoors, as I have found that being new to CP helis, this little bird can eat up a ton of real estate indoors very quickly! At least the crashes indoors have been soft and with mostly padded (couch, chair) furniture. Perhaps it's better that I try flying outdoors anyway when I can - - the Nano sure has gotten our cats' attention!

I've also found this Nano to be somewhat squirrely in ground effect. As soon as I get it up about three feet in the air, it seems to be more stable. This is a great little bird - - if I can get the fragile parts (canopy, skids) to hold up, it will be fantastic!

Steve
Old Apr 06, 2014, 07:21 PM
Ncpx, Super CP, 130x, NQX
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2013
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasteroid View Post

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...reviews.com%2F

here's a link to some helpful setup guides. You should also read the manual for the dx6i and understand how all of the settings work such as throttle and pitch curves, dual rate & expo. If you have it setup per the nano manual then there is a small amount of negative pitch in norm mode and full negative in IU/stunt mode. Norm mode does not have enough to keep inverted just enough to keep stuck to ground on spool up. You can set your dual rate switch to either ail, rudd, or ele switches. You must go into the settings for that model and change them how you like so as for how you like it is up to you you just need to understand how it works. You must use IU to fly inverted. On the dx6i the IU switch is the "gear/flight mode switch. You will only use 4 switches all together for the nano, 1.trainer switch is for the timer 2. Mix/TH Hold is to cut the throttle in case of a crash 3. Your dual rate/expo combo switch can be set as mentioned above and 4. Your IU switch which is also mentioned above. You don't use flap switch, throttle cut button, or the 2 remaining d/r switches that aren't set as your dual rate/expo combo.
yours truly is offline Find More Posts by yours truly
Last edited by yours truly; Apr 06, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:07 PM
Groovin', not fishin'
Joined Feb 2014
137 Posts
I flew 2 more packs with the Nano just a while ago and suffered the landing skid fracture everyone speaks about. I figured this would happen anyway, so a little CA glue until I receive my Xtreme skid should hold me. . . . .
Old Apr 14, 2014, 07:42 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,509 Posts
I have two Genoius c/p's and skids are part of frame. Using music wire braces threaded to skids stops them from breaking. My used Nano came with extra set of L/G that were repaired with epoxy. My plan is using music wire over this and see how it holds up. Nothing to lose and make gear much more durable.

Now that I have two Nanos I fly them more than when I only had one. One is bone stock other is bl upgraded. The motor that came out of that bird was still good, plus second one came with another new motor. HH is out of stock on bl kit, and i bought only bl kit H/S had guess keep second one stock for now. What I do like about bl kit is that power is increased and yet heli flys great. either version flys fine.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04