HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2014, 10:55 PM
Joined Oct 2013
153 Posts
Discussion
DX6i

Can I use the flaps and gyro channels with one plane? To turn the gyro on and off I have to use the flaps/gyro switch, but what if I also wanted to use the flaps function?
joker208 is offline Find More Posts by joker208
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:46 AM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,053 Posts
Use the Gear channel (and Gear switch) to turn the gyro on and off.

If you are already using the Gear channel to operate retracts then you need a radio with more channels!
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Mar 08, 2014, 03:42 AM
Joined Oct 2013
153 Posts
If I had a DX8 what switches would I use to operate the retracts and flaps?
Old Mar 08, 2014, 06:20 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,277 Posts
Generally people tend to keep the same functions on the same switches. That said retracts would be on Switch.A aka Gear and flaps would be on Switch.D aka Flaps.

But since the DX8 supports switch assignment you can use any of the available switches for various functions you want.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 08, 2014, 02:28 PM
Joined Oct 2013
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Generally people tend to keep the same functions on the same switches. That said retracts would be on Switch.A aka Gear and flaps would be on Switch.D aka Flaps.
How will that be possible if the flaps and gyro are the same switch?
Old Mar 08, 2014, 04:57 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,277 Posts
I was answering your ??? in post#3

Using a DX8 I would assign the Trimmers to Gyro Gain if this is waht you are talking about.

The more info you provide the better the responses you will get.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 08, 2014, 08:54 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2013
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker208 View Post
Can I use the flaps and gyro channels with one plane? To turn the gyro on and off I have to use the flaps/gyro switch, but what if I also wanted to use the flaps function?
What gyro are you using?

My gyro uses the flap channel on my DX6i so you can't use both unless someone has figured out some workaround using mixes. You can't reassign switches with the DX6i.
Seattlehiker is offline Find More Posts by Seattlehiker
Old Mar 09, 2014, 07:20 PM
Joined Oct 2013
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlehiker View Post
What gyro are you using?

My gyro uses the flap channel on my DX6i so you can't use both unless someone has figured out some workaround using mixes. You can't reassign switches with the DX6i.
I'm using the OrangeRX with a DX6i.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 08:21 PM
Joined Oct 2013
428 Posts
I have the DX6i and the OrangeRX V3 and I don't know of any way to use both flaps and gyro at the same time. I have a plane with retractable gear and flaps but it has some many wires in the cockpit area I couldn't mount a gyro in there anyway.

I use my gyro on a plane without flaps. In your case I think you just have to leave it on all the time.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 08:31 PM
Joined Oct 2013
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
I was answering your ??? in post#3

Using a DX8 I would assign the Trimmers to Gyro Gain if this is waht you are talking about.

The more info you provide the better the responses you will get.
Which trimmers, the ones on top of the transmitter or the ones by the control sticks?
Old Mar 09, 2014, 08:36 PM
Joined Oct 2013
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlehiker View Post
I have the DX6i and the OrangeRX V3 and I don't know of any way to use both flaps and gyro at the same time. I have a plane with retractable gear and flaps but it has some many wires in the cockpit area I couldn't mount a gyro in there anyway.

I use my gyro on a plane without flaps. In your case I think you just have to leave it on all the time.
I should of said I have the OrangeRX rx3s stabilizer. It's a little bigger than the OrangeRX, but if you can fit a receiver in there you should be able to fit the rx3s. I'm not sure if you know or not but the rx3s gyro is also a receiver.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 09:19 PM
Joined Oct 2013
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker208 View Post
I should of said I have the OrangeRX rx3s stabilizer. It's a little bigger than the OrangeRX, but if you can fit a receiver in there you should be able to fit the rx3s. I'm not sure if you know or not but the rx3s gyro is also a receiver.
Yes, that's the one I have as well.