HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2014, 08:14 AM
Joined Jan 2014
91 Posts
Discussion
Skywing vs. Twisted 32" - similar or different?

OK, so this is not really supposed to be a which is best thread since that may be subjective but rather a which builds fastest and easiest thread.

There seem to be many similarities in these two company's offerings in the 32" EPP 3D range but a big price difference.

Does one gain any speed or ease of construction by going with the Twisted 32" planes vs. the Skywing 32" planes?

Can they both take the same battery / motor / servo systems?

Then there is crack vs. crack lite...is one more durable than the other?

THX
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2014, 08:39 AM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,504 Posts
Having never built a Skywing product----I don't know. The 32" Twisted porduct line I do know. The construction is straight forward, the durability good but the real reason I have built and flown 8 of their planes is the performance. I have been able to do things with my
Crack Yak, Pitts, SBach and Gym Star (my indoor favorite) that I had only imagined two years ago. Their power systems are what can be referred to as an "upgrade". Then there is the multitude of TH flyers that post their experfiences here on RC Groups.

The only complaint is they have a device implanted in my wallet that triggers the introduction of a new model.

RonJ
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Old Feb 24, 2014, 06:01 AM
Joined Jan 2014
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post

The only complaint is they have a device implanted in my wallet that triggers the introduction of a new model.

RonJ
I think that device has gotten out, I have it too for so many hobbies that it is getting troublesome!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 08:04 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
Having never built a Skywing product----I don't know. The 32" Twisted porduct line I do know. The construction is straight forward, the durability good but the real reason I have built and flown 8 of their planes is the performance. I have been able to do things with my
Crack Yak, Pitts, SBach and Gym Star (my indoor favorite) that I had only imagined two years ago. Their power systems are what can be referred to as an "upgrade". Then there is the multitude of TH flyers that post their experfiences here on RC Groups.

RonJ
Thanks for the kind words Ron. I think that device might get a workout soon.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Feb 25, 2014, 08:19 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,007 Posts
I have 3 Twisted planes right now and had a 32" but it is long gone. They build rather quickly once you do the first one. Everything is notched and laid out so you cant really mees up the build. I had the 32" Sbach. I have the Mini Pitts, Turbo Beaver, and RC Factory 39" RS352. They all fly great. The Beaver is probably my favorite.

My first Skywing plane, 37.5" Slick, will be here on Thursday but, It's a full fuse. I have not had one of their profile planes. I will be getting a Red Bull at some point though.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 P-40b
Old Feb 25, 2014, 03:53 PM
Joined Jan 2014
91 Posts
Thx all. I went with twisted!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:04 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Aug 2012
204 Posts
Kooshball
Welcome to the twisted family! My Dad got me a crack yak 2 years ago. I still fly that same plane as it flies just as good as the day he bought it for me. Might have a little more glue on it after the 500 or so crashes. I love their planes.
Benton
Benton3dflying is online now Find More Posts by Benton3dflying