Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:19 AM
What is a controlled landing?
United States, WI, Sun Prairie
Joined Feb 2013
518 Posts
Help!
Tamiya Wild Dagger Speed Controller

Greetings,
I have a Tamiya Wild Dagger that I got back out of storage over the weekend. My question is about the speed controller in it. It currently has the OEM MSC in it and I only have 2 speeds. Off and Wide open. I cleaned the contacts on the MSC but that didn't help. I can get it to go full throttle forward and reverse but nothing in between. I was considering an ESC for it but it's an older truck and I am not sure what it compatible with it since it has dual motors. That and I am not 100% sure if that is my entire problem . Any help would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.
bebeep89 is offline Find More Posts by bebeep89
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2013, 09:25 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,731 Posts
Is the resistor block intact and connected to the MSC still? It uses the resistor to limit voltage for the lower speeds.

You can definitely get an ESC that'll work with dual brushed motors, especially if you're running the stock silver can motors.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Apr 29, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joined Feb 2013
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Is the resistor block intact and connected to the MSC still? It uses the resistor to limit voltage for the lower speeds.

You can definitely get an ESC that'll work with dual brushed motors, especially if you're running the stock silver can motors.
As far as I can tell yes it is. I haven't disconnected anything and I was driving it around yesterday. It is all stock. Do I just look on ebay for a dual motor esc or should I try my local hobby shop?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:30 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,731 Posts
You don't even need a dual motor one if you keep mild motors in it, just wire the motors in parallel to the ESC motor outputs. Just make sure you get a half decent ESC and not a really cheap one that would barely handle a single motor.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old May 02, 2013, 09:17 PM
Joined Feb 2013
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You don't even need a dual motor one if you keep mild motors in it, just wire the motors in parallel to the ESC motor outputs. Just make sure you get a half decent ESC and not a really cheap one that would barely handle a single motor.
Any suggestions?