HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
Discussion
Blade CX2 goes forward on it's own,with no elevator, no elevator trim.

Hi, Sorry for this post but I could not find the exact problem when searching. I'm used to bigger nitro helis and this is my first coax to get me used to electrics. The CX2 flies forward on it's own, with the elevator trim all the way off(down) and without giving any input to the elevator, it still flies forward. When I pull the elevator all the way down from neutral mid position it almost wants to stop and hover. So I know it is way out of adjustment, and I fear that I am not leveling the swash properly. I have seen several methods some say to leaved the throttle trims in mid position and some say to pull the throttle trim down. Which is correct? If the motors are unplugged, what difference does it make? Are the motors supposed to be unplugged while leveling he swash on a coax? I also noticed that my swash can move up and down and loses position. Is it supposed to sit on the outer shaft retaining collar(it's # 20 on the parts diagram), or is it supposed to be able to move up or down a bit? It seems like everytime I get it looking level, and try and fly it or work the controls, it moves from position again. I wonder if I have a part missing, or am I just not understanding coax swash . From what I understand, looking at the rear of the CX2, the servo and horns etc on the left side should be involved, and yes I have adjusted the linkage til my fingers hurt!! Could it be anything that does not look like it is related like the linkage on the flybar link is way off? BTW: I am referring to the lower swash. Does the upper swash effect it at all? If anybody can think of anything else that might effect it, I surely would appreciate you. Thanks
karatechopper is offline Find More Posts by karatechopper
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2013, 02:58 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
Welcome to RCG. You'll have better luck with your question on the CX2 thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...07057&page=539

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 28, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
apologies

Hi, I apologize for putting this post in the wrong place. I was given some bad advice originally and this should be under CX2 thread. If Mr.Moderator would like to move it there I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will repost it or the new symptoms if I find any. Thanks again to all
karatechopper is offline Find More Posts by karatechopper
Old Mar 28, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Mar 2013
49 Posts
Since you mention that the swashplate (below the bottom rotor) is near the collar and moving around, you've got me wondering if your swashplate has separated into two pieces (a top and a bottom). Are you still using the plastic one? The swash shouldn't be touching that collar, and it shouldn't move up or down the shaft if the servo links are attached. That might be your whole problem with being unable to adjust it properly. My swashplate separated like that after just a few days of ownership, and it's a common problem on the CX2.

To level the swashplate, start out by centering the servos by powering it up and connecting your transmitter.Don't throttle it up - all you want to play with right now is the left/right and forward/back controls. You want the trim on those two controls to be centered. So with the trim centered and the stick centered, notice where your swashplate sits. Then you can unplug the battery and adjust the servo links accordingly to straighten it out. If you're looking at the tail end of the heli (nose facing away from you), the left servo is forward/back and the right one is left/right movement. Unlike a collective-pitch heli, it's not that critical for the swash to be level. You can start with it level, and then adjust it to eliminate any extra movement forward/back/left/right. I notice my CX2 is very nose-heavy, but it still files OK. My swash isn't level - I built some trim into the servo links to compensate for the unbalance.

You don't have to disconnect the motors unless you want to for safety.

The top rotor doesn't have a swash. The top rotor's pitch is only controlled by the flybar, and the top rotor's speed is controlled by the 3-in-1 along with the bottom rotor's speed for turning the nose left or right.

The throttle trim on this heli needs to be all the way down (not centered) in order for it to work. If the throttle trim is centered when you connect the battery, the 3-in-1 will prevent the motors from operating.
flightengr is offline Find More Posts by flightengr