HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:32 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,325 Posts
I have this bad boy sitting in my shop. It could pump out completely cut kits in probably 2 minutes.

http://www.esko.com/en/Products/Over...rg-xp/overview

The problem....I can't find and CAD files for planes. I've checked all the spad sites and nothing works. If I can get a functional CAD file for this thing I will gladly send the first kit to whoever provides it.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:40 AM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
United States, MS, Gulfport
Joined Dec 2010
231 Posts
If I could find it...I would gladly forward it to you. I'm already looking to build a second one.
KenSue is offline Find More Posts by KenSue
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:04 AM
Augernaut
Joined Jan 2010
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSue View Post
If I could find it...I would gladly forward it to you. I'm already looking to build a second one.
That machine is a coro beast. It has visual recognition, so it can cut half of a flute to make a hinge. Best case scenario is to find a plan laid out on a 4'x8' sheet of coro. Just need a good cut file.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:12 PM
central CA
Joined Aug 2002
336 Posts
I can draw up anything in Autocad. I just dont have the program to convert to a CAM file and then to G-Code.

in Spads, there is also 2 main thicknesses, 4 mil and 2 mil.
draftman1 is offline Find More Posts by draftman1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:17 PM
Augernaut
Joined Jan 2010
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftman1 View Post
I can draw up anything in Autocad. I just dont have the program to convert to a CAM file and then to G-Code.

in Spads, there is also 2 main thicknesses, 4 mil and 2 mil.
I have both in stock, and a direct to substrate flatbed printer. This could be fun. let me see if we can convert here.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:39 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
United States, MS, Gulfport
Joined Dec 2010
231 Posts
If it works out, I'de like to be first on the list to buy one. I know this is premature...but it all sounds cool!
KenSue is offline Find More Posts by KenSue
Old Oct 01, 2013, 10:45 PM
Builder / Pilot
Joined Oct 2013
12 Posts
Any luck with this? I can do anything with a PDF file, had many thoughts of printing color schemes and leaving the cut path for the plans...

Let me know I'll get a few files together!
BuiltByPeter is offline Find More Posts by BuiltByPeter
Old Oct 01, 2013, 11:16 PM
Augernaut
Joined Jan 2010
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltByPeter View Post
Any luck with this? I can do anything with a PDF file, had many thoughts of printing color schemes and leaving the cut path for the plans...

Let me know I'll get a few files together!
I'll check and see what the exact file I need is. As long as I have a good file I can mass produce.
Old Oct 02, 2013, 09:00 AM
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts
As far as the spinner goes for the Magnum 15 XLS, most of us buy the aftermarket OS Max 10FP/FSR spinner nut. The threads are the same as the Magnum 15 XLS and it it lighter and works better than a typical plastic spinner.

Here is what it looks like:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCC37&P=ML
gsjames is offline Find More Posts by gsjames