HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
I just got back from a killer session in the wind at the Wolf Creek field. It was easily blowing 12-20 mph (says 23 right now on my weather widget). But the lift was also abundant. I had a few short flights, but many long ones, including several over 10 minutes (I always bail at 10 min or before). Hit the right air and the plane would go up so fast it would take your breath away. Each circle could gain 100 feet or more. Just a few turns and I would be almost out of sight. Then click into speed mode and penetrate back (angling off to one side at a 45 to the wind) and catch another one. Wash, rinse, and repeat... The SuperFr3aK was ruling the day today because I didn't have any ballast with me, and the SF at 10.6 was handling the turbulence better than the Arctus at 9.5.

Randy, nothing wrong with an 11 oz pig plane. Should be good on a windy & lifty day like today.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
1,646 Posts
I have had some windy days with lift blowing through. With the warm ground from last nights south wind and the wind flipping to north I bet it was ok.
elkski is online now Find More Posts by elkski
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,671 Posts
Finch and I just got back from a breezy butt woopin!!!!

Broke the H2XL just a tiny itsy little bit on the last landing. 3 drops of thim and a clamp and the non throwing side end of the flaperon will be all better!

TOUGH FREAKIN AIR!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,303 Posts
Anyone wanna fly tomorrow morning in the North Utah county/South Salt Lake county area?
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Anyone wanna fly tomorrow morning in the North Utah county/South Salt Lake county area?
Yes.
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,303 Posts
You going to be around? If so pick a time and place!
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
I'm not going to be down there. Just saying I'd really like to. I'm tired of flying alone all the time. I will probably end up at the Wolf Barn again tomorrow for a while, alone, unless somebody wants to come up...

By the way, my son recently announced he's getting married on June 13th. We'll be up in Idaho Falls all day for it, and a reception that evening. IF we drive home that night it won't be until the wee hours of the morning. Then I'm supposed to be launching in BSOUT at 8:30am
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Will work for lift...
Provo, Utah
Joined Jul 2004
730 Posts
Don't tease us like that, Mike. I'd really love to have a fun-fly day, minus competition stress with Mike, John(s), Brian and others...I think we need to make a group road trip up to Mike's turf one of these weekends.

I may be free around noon tomorrow for some flying, Finch.
Flying-Addict is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Addict
Old Today, 10:15 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,303 Posts
Shoot me a text Everett if/when you want to go.