HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:06 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Its a good idea. Amazing how much room they start to take up leaning up against the walls like I have them.
Better than the living room table lol - wife didn't like that too well, though being how blessed I am she didn't say anything to me as she supports my involvement in the hobby. Needless to say she is much happier

Did you pickup one of those new 72" 330SC's from 3DHS?
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:08 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Its a good idea. Amazing how much room they start to take up leaning up against the walls like I have them.
No kidding! No matter where you have them they take up a lot of room.

I've been able to move all out of the house and keep them in the Garage... Hanging them on the walls with wire hooks by the tail wheels work well. Up to 25%ers. Those are hung by custom made PVC horz stab racks.

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:12 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Joined Oct 2004
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Better than the living room table lol - wife didn't like that too well, though being how blessed I am she didn't say anything to me as she supports my involvement in the hobby. Needless to say she is much happier

Did you pickup one of those new 72" 330SC's from 3DHS?
LOL... man my dinning room table IS my work bench. With the living room as my flight staging area. My wife has pretty much given up the area to me.. as long as I can clean it prior to company coming over.

Steve's 72" 330sc arrived yesterday... mine shows up today.
Going to be a busy Maidening weekend!

D-Man
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:19 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
LOL... man my dinning room table IS my work bench. With the living room as my flight staging area. My wife has pretty much given up the area to me.. as long as I can clean it prior to company coming over.

D-Man
You koolaid drinkers!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:24 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Joined Oct 2004
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
You koolaid drinkers!
All the "Kool" kids are!

D-Man
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:31 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,589 Posts
Quote:

D-Man
No way my wife would let me clutter up the dining table with planes. She does support my hobby so much that we took one of the upstairs bedrooms and converted it in to a hobby room for me. Complete with worktables, accessory cabinets and such. Shes quite the trooper in that area. D-man, have you received yours yet. She's a pretty thing. No way will I be ready by the weekend though. Thats okay though, I like the building process.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:38 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,589 Posts
Quote:
No kidding! No matter where you have them they take up a lot of room.

I've been able to move all out of the house and keep them in the Garage... Hanging them on the walls with wire hooks by the tail wheels work well. Up to 25%ers. Those are hung by custom made PVC horz stab racks.

D-Man
D-man, would you explain your trick to hanging them by the tailwheels with wire hooks with a little more detail please? I need to start thinking about getting some of mine off the ground and Jholens method is great for the larger ones, I'm thinking a few on the wall for the smaller 40-50" stuff.
Steve
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Joined Oct 2004
1,386 Posts
Quote:
No way my wife would let me clutter up the dining table with planes. She does support my hobby so much that we took one of the upstairs bedrooms and converted it in to a hobby room for me. Complete with worktables, accessory cabinets and such. Shes quite the trooper in that area. D-man, have you received yours yet. She's a pretty thing. No way will I be ready by the weekend though. Thats okay though, I like the building process.
Yeah.. I am very very lucky my wife is so understanding. But she does keep saying as soon as the 20yo is out'a the house my hobby stuff is headed for that room.

My 72" 330sc is "Out for Delivery" & can't wait to see it. I'm thinking Thursday "might" be a sick day from work.

Only wrinkle is I ended up sending my Ice100 to CC after all. When I pulled it from the Funtana prior to selling it last weekend.. it was clear the two heat sinks were loose. I have a hv85 as a stand in untill I get it back. Also going with a separate Rx battery for the first time. The thought of putting in $450.00 worth of plane over some silly issue is making me think it's worth it.

D-Man
Last edited by xxD-Manxx; Sep 21, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:55 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Joined Oct 2004
1,386 Posts
Quote:
D-man, would you explain your trick to hanging them by the tailwheels with wire hooks with a little more detail please? I need to start thinking about getting some of mine off the ground and Jholens method is great for the larger ones, I'm thinking a few on the wall for the smaller 40-50" stuff.
Steve
Steve,

I'll take a picture this afternoon and post it later... but it's very low tech.

1. Drive a 4" dry wall screw into a stud most of the way. leave 1" or so of the screw head exposed (wall anchors will work when studs are not available)...
2. A stout piece of wire is wrapped around the exposed screw head (two or three times) 4" of wire left out ...
3. Bend a "U" in the wire so you can hang the tail wheel on it.

Trick is using wire that's bendable and stout enough to hold the plane.
Those lawn sprinkler flags at Home Depot have perfect wire and they're cheap.

I've been hanging to 5lb planes this way without a problem.

D-Man
Last edited by xxD-Manxx; Sep 21, 2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:19 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Steve,

I'll take a picture this afternoon and post it later... but it's very low tech.

1. Drive a 4" dry wall screw into a stud most of the way. leave 1" or so of the screw head exposed (wall anchors will work when studs are not available)...
2. A stout piece of wire is wrapped around the exposed screw head (two or three times) 4" of wire left out ...
3. Bend a "U" in the wire so you can hang the tail wheel on it.

Trick is using wire that's bendable and stout enough to hold the plane.
Those lawn sprinkler flags at Home Depot have perfect wire and they're cheap.

I've been hanging to 5lb planes this way without a problem.

D-Man
Thanks D-Man. If ya think about it post a picture but I think I can manage without one. Appreciate it.
Steve
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:11 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Joined Oct 2004
1,386 Posts
D-Man's hanger pix

Steve..

Here are a few pics....

A few of the cheap tail wheel wire method, a couple of my larger plane PVC Horz stab method of stowing planes, plus pix of my building area that use to be our dinning room.

D-Man
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:17 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,589 Posts
Thanks D-Man. that helps a bunch. You must be home, have you checked out your package yet?
Steve
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:20 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Joined Oct 2004
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Thanks D-Man. that helps a bunch. You must be home, have you checked out you package yet?
Steve
Yeah I'm home... it's 4:17 and UPS usually shows up between 5 and 5:30...
just enough time to clear the work bench ... errr dinning room table, and prep for the baby's arrival.

D-Man
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:34 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,589 Posts
Alright. You have fun.
Steve
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:42 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA