HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:51 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,487 Posts
Thanks, yeah... I believe I do have all the old updates saved to my computer but not sure what I should try. I was hoping one of the resident experts would point me in the right direction.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Im doing the latest update and there seems to be an issue. I downloaded the firmware to the sd card and then put the card in the tx. I powered on the tx and it auto started the update but now it just seems to keep cycling through and not finishing the update. The progress bar will get about mid way and the tx will click and flash back to the start of the progress bar. It has been doing this for a few minutes and Im not sure what I should do? Any one know what I need to do? Im afraid to just turn the tx off and mess something up. Thanks.

Update: turned radio off and removed sd card. When I turn tx on now without card it still acts like card is in and the progress screen comes on but nothing happens. I put the sd card back in and try again and it just does the progress to about half way and then the tx clicks and it starts the cycle over again and again endlessly. No clue on what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I had the same problem awhile back with the 3.0 update. Andy suggested a bad SD card and to try again with a new one. New card fix my problem.
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,454 Posts
+1.
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,487 Posts
Not sure that it is the card because I cleared the card and then exported all the models and saved them to my computer and it all worked fine. I'll give it a try though.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,487 Posts
I just tried the update with my DX18QQ card and it worked fine. I guess the DX8 card went bad just sitting there because it worked fine the last time I used it. Thanks for the helps guys!
Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,454 Posts
You can use any SD card. We use them from a variety of vendors in sizes from real small to humongous.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
I just tried the update with my DX18QQ card and it worked fine. I guess the DX8 card went bad just sitting there because it worked fine the last time I used it. Thanks for the helps guys!
Glad you got it worked out. Just in time for the weekend. Those pesky SD cards! When I got my last phone, I turned off the old phone and pulled the SD card and popped it in. Nope Notta! Tried it in a few other SD readers... Still Notta! It was working fine just a few minutes before that in the old phone! geez.... One good thing about having to replace the card, the new ones are much bigger and selling for a lot less! Ok that's 2 good things....
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,487 Posts
Lol...thanks for the help.