HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:02 AM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Help!
Living Room Flyer

Hey Guys, hate to burden you all, but figured I would get quick answers on here.

With winter coming fast to the North East, it's time to look for a new micro indoor heli.

I havent been keeping up with the small sized birds, so I look to you guys for the best choice.

Not sure if one is made, but really looking for a mico/nano brushless CP/FP or COAX that is great indoors and bind and fly.

Doing a quick search i found the novus CP, blade msr and blade mcx. Looks like none are brushless and I'm unsure of the quality.

So let me hear your thoughts on these and any other suggestions.

The stable currently has 3 Trex 600's, 2 Trex 500's, countless 450's, shoguns, Hummingbirds and Dragonfly's.

I did have a micron V2 that i just couldnt stand, so hoping the new batch of micros are better now.

Thanks for all your help on this!!
skeppley is offline Find More Posts by skeppley
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:57 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
Hey Guys, hate to burden you all, but figured I would get quick answers on here.

With winter coming fast to the North East, it's time to look for a new micro indoor heli.

I havent been keeping up with the small sized birds, so I look to you guys for the best choice.

Not sure if one is made, but really looking for a mico/nano brushless CP/FP or COAX that is great indoors and bind and fly.

Doing a quick search i found the novus CP, blade msr and blade mcx. Looks like none are brushless and I'm unsure of the quality.

So let me hear your thoughts on these and any other suggestions.

The stable currently has 3 Trex 600's, 2 Trex 500's, countless 450's, shoguns, Hummingbirds and Dragonfly's.

I did have a micron V2 that i just couldnt stand, so hoping the new batch of micros are better now.

Thanks for all your help on this!!
\
With your flying experience I would think that you will get the most fun out of a Walkera 4#3B double brushless. Or maybe the 4G3 DBL or the new 6 . The others you will find boring very quickly.
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:03 AM
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
EXCELLENT!!!

Researching that 4#3b now. Didnt even know that was available. Whats the difference with all the numbers/models?

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:09 AM
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined May 2007
595 Posts
if you want a relaxing flyer in your living room maybe walkera cb100
airheli1201 is offline Find More Posts by airheli1201
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:30 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
EXCELLENT!!!

Researching that 4#3b now. Didnt even know that was available. Whats the difference with all the numbers/models?

Thanks
Go here and this might help you figure them out. This also a great place for you to buy from. As it is close to you... Bob

https://clubheli.3dcartstores.com/
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:32 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airheli1201 View Post
I was thinking the 4#3 as I thought he wanted to keep his flying skills sharp over the winter and the 4#3 4G3 & 6 will do that, where the mSR and CB100 and other easy to fly models might teach him the wrong things..
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:33 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airheli1201 View Post
I agree. Have the CB100/4#3B.
Both are a good choice.

The CB100 is super stable like a coaxial and great for indoor flight.
The 4#3B is hard to fly and very challenging especially indoors.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:49 AM
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
OK, looking at CB100/4#3B comparison.

Looks like the only real differences are the heads, possibly the tail motors and one has a RX-2406A and the other a RX-2406C?

Are both heads aluminum?

Is the 4 in 1 just an updated version?

You guys are great, and these are the 2 i am really interested in.

Technology moves so quickly i just cant keep up with all the new stuff in the different classes so it's great coming here and getting info so quickly from those of you in the "know"

Thanks again and any other opinions are welcome. But for brushless ready to go, these are lookin good.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:09 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:

Looks like the only real differences are the heads, possibly the tail motors and one has a RX-2406A and the other a RX-2406C?

Are both heads aluminum?

Technology moves so quickly i just cant keep up with all the new stuff in the different classes so it's great coming here and getting info so quickly from those of you in the "know"

Thanks again and any other opinions are welcome. But for brushless ready to go, these are lookin good.
To put it as simply as I can you steer the CB100 and have to fly the 4#3.. So it depending on what you are looking for.. Both are nicely made and yes both have aluminium heads. If you can get the 2801 transmitter not the 240#.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:09 AM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
906 Posts
Of the two, the CB100 uses an off-set flybar so it is much more stable than the 4#3B... both have aluminum heads.

I don't want to take you back to square one, but for someone that has 450's, 500's and 600's, why wouldn't you want a micro sized collective pitch like the 4G6? I think you would enjoy it more than a fixed pitch!
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:18 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:

Are both heads aluminum?

Hi, thanks. Two good choices. Just depends what you are looking for.
One is easier to fly indoors and one is a lot harder to fly indoors.

Both heads are aluminum. The 4 in 1 is updated on the CB100.
The CB100 and 4#3B (double brushless) should use the same 2G brushless tail motor. They did on mine.

Here is more info on the difference between the CB100 and 4#3B parts in my review.

What are the differences between the CB100 and 4#3B?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=180

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Nov 12, 2009, 12:36 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Yes Toms review is very good - if the choice is between 4#3B or Cb100 neither heli would be a terrible mistake where you found you had a heli that was not to your liking and you wished you had bought the other - just change the head

with the 4#3B you have a fast heli that will really keep you on your toes - with the CB100 you have a slower more sedate heli that flys more like a large heli - flybar weights can be lowered to make CB100 more reactive so it can be speeded up a little - flybar weight can be added to 4#3B to slow it down a bit - so in either case there is some versatility built in - quite honestly I like both but my wife prefers the CB100 there is less risk to her chandelier and ornaments

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:18 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
why wouldn't you want a micro sized collective pitch like the 4G6? I think you would enjoy it more than a fixed pitch!

I just checked out some vids of it at the freak site, and to put it simply, my wife would KILL me if i fired that up in the living room...LOL!!!!
Dont get me wrong, it looks like a great 3D micro, and tic tocs over the coffee table would be nice, but i would be out in the snow flying it the first time she saw it in action, so that's out for me T

From the looks of it, micro's have come a long way since their early days of mushy feeling controls and crappy electronics that overheat and sloppy servos. I havent looked yet, but are these guys using digital servos too? And how about compatibility with spektrum radios?

Just starting to read toms' writeup now. Thank You.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:25 PM
cfw
fly! be free! uh oh
Spokane, WA
Joined Nov 2004
508 Posts
I ordered the 4#3B double brushless yesterday. I would have preferred to go with something i could bind to my 9303, but the options for brushless/RTF/price outweighed the brushed/BNF/price by what I considered a justifyable amount. (rationalize, rationalize, rationalize...)

we're due for snow tonight, the building/indoor flying season is here. Just hope I can keep up with this little guy!
cfw is offline Find More Posts by cfw
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:26 PM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
906 Posts
Yes, you do need a fairly empty room to fly a 4G6 indoors. If you don't have a room that you can crash in, then I would absolutely go with a mSR or Solo Pro II as they will cause minimal damage as they are much lighter than a 4#3B or CB100.

You also picked up on one of the key drawbacks that keep many folks from buying... they are NOT Spectrum compatable... they use their own proprietary radio systems. Although you can technically convert it to Spectrum, it is not worth the hassle or cost involved.
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin